If there is a New Moon

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

If there is a New Moon

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss what you would like to see in New Moon and how the book will translate to film if its made.
twistarlighter
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a New Moon

Post by twistarlighter »

i actually really enjoyed new moon..and i would love to see it as a movie..
its probley my fav book ( other than twilight)
Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
lollikezomg
Settled in Forks

Post by lollikezomg »

I think the book will translate well into the film.

They'll probably do the whole werewolf thing early on as all the media are already saying that Jacob Black is 'Bella's best friend who happens to be a werewolf'. Since there is no real suspense for the viewers to find out I'd say they'll have Bella figure it out pretty quickly. I think a lot of the middle stuff will be cut out, I'd love for them to focus a lot on Italy and the Volturi because that's one of my favourite bits of the series.

There's a lot more action in the book compared to Twilight for them to work on. Jasper, werewolves, cliff diving and Volterra so I hope they manage to fit in all that and keep some orginal scenes from the book.

When I first thought about it as a movie all I kept thinking was 'but there's hardly any Edward' but I think the whole thing will work really well. I really want to see how they'll do the werewolves. That'll be awesome. :D
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

im hoping to see NM as a movie.
i really want to see who the volturi will be portrayed as, and i hope to see that volterra is a amazing and :shock: as SM writes it to be.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

I think that new moon as a movie could probably be the hardest movie on all of us.. Really i dont think there is a single person that didnt feel Bella's Pain.. i mean everything you were reading about her Holding herself together literally.. i felt for her.. and Jacob.. I adore him i like him.. i was rooting for him and Bella and then the whole thing with Edward, and it took me awhile to be a Edward and bella Shipper again... middle of eclipse to be exact..
i think that most of the female fans will be crying there eyes out during the movie.. i really hope its made.. i hope they are all made.. :mrgreen:
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
stupidlamb
Settled in Forks

Post by stupidlamb »

it would be very interesting to see how they translate what goes on in Bella's head. the voices, the pain, her holding herself together without a narration.
Edward: And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…
Bella: What a stupid lamb.
Edward: What a sick, masochistic lion.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

I CANNOT WAIT for them to announce New Moon...seriously! To be quite honest i really really REALLY enjoyed New Moon. There were so many emotions and it didn't bother me THAT much that Edward was gone *DONT GET ME WRONG I WAS DYING FOR HIM TO COME BACK*. But i really got into the story with Jacob and Bella. I really enjoyed their friendship and how Jacob really was bella's sun...he kept her from suicide for crying out loud.

New Moon will definitely be one hard trip for Kristen Stewart; think about it- Bella was in a place many of us fear to be- broken hearted, torn, and lifeless. I really look forward to seeing Kristen bring all those emotions to the screen. Not only that but i want Taylor to have his chance to show off his acting skills! I also want to see how they'll tie in Edward to the movie cause i'm positive they won't wait til the end to show him again.

What i'm thinking is that they'll occasionally shift to Edward in the movie. Giving us insight as to what the heck he was doing and going through while he was away...so i'm definitely on the edge of my seat for that!

I also want this movie so much so people will see Jacob and like him more...i can;t understand why people hate him so much; he's a teenage boy and i think that's one of the main reasons people hate him because he acted as a teenage boy: stubborn, jealous, etc.

THe werewolf aspect will be difficult too...i've seen way too many cheesy movies where the werewolf looks ridiculous and retarded- but i have faith in the moviemakers of the Twilight movies, so i know they won't disappoint. Not only this but there's much more action in New Moon! With the werewolves, cliff dive...

SPEAKING OF THAT! i'm DYING to see the cliff dive brought to life! Just picturing Bella standing on the edge speaking back to Edward's voice...*sigh* so captivating...
AND THE CLIMACTIC VOLTERRA SCENE!!! Bella's desperation trying to push through the crowd- just reading that had me on the edge of my seat clutching the book! imagine SEEING IT!

All-in-all....this movie will pwn!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

id like to see a really good werewolf
theres so many ways they could go wrong there
and trying not to make the whole pack mind thing cheesy

and yes! the cliff dive!
and id like to see some werewolf patrols and stuff
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

jacob-rox-my--sox wrote:id like to see a really good werewolf
theres so many ways they could go wrong there
and trying not to make the whole pack mind thing cheesy
mlola619 wrote: THe werewolf aspect will be difficult too...i've seen way too many cheesy movies where the werewolf looks ridiculous and retarded
I've worried about that a lot. If the wolves are poorly done, in appearance or how they interact, it will detract from the movie too much. Lots of pressure on special effects to get it right.
lollikezomg wrote:I think the book will translate well into the film.
I think so, too! Of all the books, New Moon might be the easiest to film. There are landmark scenes and plot elements, but it's largely an emotional journey. Bella loses Edward, finds Jacob, and then Edward comes back to her (and if they film this, I hope they keep some of those wonderful lines of Edward's: "The most absurd, ridiculous concept -- as if there were any way that I could exist without needing you!" "When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy." "Why can you believe the lie, but not the truth?" *sigh*), and Bella finally believes that he is hers. So long as they get the mood right, I think it'll be a powerful movie.

I'm interested to see how the Volturi are portrayed, but that's a given, since I'm practically on Team Volturi these days...
waiting for a meteor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by waiting for a meteor »

What i'm thinking is that they'll occasionally shift to Edward in the movie. Giving us insight as to what the heck he was doing and going through while he was away...so i'm definitely on the edge of my seat for that!
I hope they will do that. That extra on Edward which SM wrote was brilliant, very touching.
But I fear they might combine NM and Eclipse and make BD the third move. :?
No Rose, your backside is not getting any bigger – its frozen in time, remember?
Parallel evolution? My Twin = darkrider