Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Gen Y ~ The 20 something's thread

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

Hello peeps! I have discovered that if I stop posting for awhile, this *insert expletive* thing magically stops updating me. So that's why I'm a little behind.

First week of work went well, the only part of my job I don't like is trying to get ppl to spend more money. i.e., "I see you've ordered our snowman throw--did you know we also have a snowman pillow for only 14.99? How many of those would you like me to add to your order?" F*cking upselling. I hate it. Especially when it's a little old lady from an assisted living place living on a fixed income. But, other than that, it's great. The people there are really nice. And my after work drink last night was sooo worth it. Thank God for Mike's Hard Lemonade. mmmmmm

So training is over, and next week I start my permanent schedule--11:00 am- 7:30 pm M-F. Hooray for no more getting up at the crack of dawn!! I hate getting up early.

Whoever said it, haha for the "I'll cut you for the epilogue" lemon drops!! I agree! She promised us an epilogue--there has to be one!

Am wanting to see 9 also. Looks really good.

As for my vampire super power? I already have dreams that sometimes come true, so I guess seeing the future? That or empathy, like Jasper. I'm good with other people's feelings, though not necessarily my own.

That is all for now peeps! Happy weekend!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:Thank God for Mike's Hard Lemonade. mmmmmm
Do we even wanna know what that is???

I did the hillbilly-preggie thing today... yeah...

I love how the evenings are getting dark :D it's 8pm and pitch-black outside. Me likey very much!
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
PaulinhaBrasil
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by PaulinhaBrasil »

SUNSHINE Fan Club!!!!! Cillian Murphy made that movie the perfect combo of science, space and crazyness!!! :mrgreen:

Overweight Bella: How overweight is she in the fic??? She is around 5’4” (1.63), and she is 115Lb (52kg). For the regular standards using BMI (Body mass index), which is completely flawed, she is borderline underweight at 19.7. So is she 65kg-143lb, 85kg-187lb?? 100kg-220lb? Cos I find the definition of overweight a bit personal.

pharmer4 wrote: I think Hillary Swank would be a poor choice. I also saw Wander as you did.

PS, is that you in your avatar?
@Pharmer – Yeah, that’s me. :D Nice to meet you brother Gemini. Yeah, I don’t agree with Hillary Swank, if Meg Ryan was still 25, she would be great. Why aren’t you on FB??? Were tagging the hell out of you and you should be contributing. The Migraine on steroids scared me! Diet Coke ad???

INXS: Michael Hutchence would have been a great werewolf LOL. I used to like INXS and also mistook many of their songs with Faith no More. :oops: It’s been sooo long since I last listened to any of their music that I don’t even remember what was good. I could use some pointers.

Rant: :x I think I have spells of PMS some times. Last week I was so beaten that I was relapsing on every major decision and change I’ve made on me and in my life for the past 6 months or so! Cappu and Chris got the worse of it and had to endure my whining of “no one loves me” and “I’ll die alone” and all that crap. Why do we have to go through that? I could never understand why women have to be hostages of their hormones; they make a mess at least in my life. Out of the blue everything crumbles and it takes a while, usually after the deed is done, to notice that wasn’t really “me”. It was that damn “hormonal me” that gets so depressed and negative that ends up pushing away everybody in my life. It doesn’t matter if I’m on meds or not. It is always the same and that feeling of utter defeat is terrifying. :?

Obs question: So it's apparent to everyone that vamps get their "super powers" from things they were good at or excelled at in human time. Going off that, what would yours be if you were turned?
I would be able to bring out ppls inner beauty/goodness. It’s what I do best, I guess. I always seek the good in ppl, no matter who. Maybe I could help by melting some bad guys ♥s.

Books: I’ve been reading the first book of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Dark Lover. It is very good, rough and dark, and completely different from the Immortals After Dark series. The IAD is more sugary and detailed, if you know what I mean, ;) but it has a thinner story.
♀Sisterhood of the Traveling Book ♀
♥A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily!♥
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Ugh. Another day, another dollar I won't see cuz it's already spent. Cest la vie.

Ok---right off the top of my beautiful flat hair (it's not shaping up to be a great hair day)-----Sonia actually pointed this out to me, although I've been trying to figure out a way to bring it up without showing everyone that I totally suck with anything technological----I deleted some people off FB. Why you ask? Because I'm technologically retarded, or Terded. So I was deleting some groups and moving contacts into other groups, and apparently I figured I deleted everyone from the Lex contact group and put them into other groups (Megs and Becs are under Hot crazies, Sid and Jan under PVC Wondertwins, Ninna under Knocked Up with a purpose, etc) and that didn't happen. So long story even longer: If we were buds and you can't see my page, hit me back and let me know you were one of the peeps I deleted. I have been trying to go through posts and crap to figure out who it happened to, but I'm at a loss. I got three peeps now added back, but no clue if that's all. So----if you really want to read about me and my patheticness, do what Sonia did and email me. (Poor thing thought I went all Ruthicon on her A$$ and deleted her or something lol.) I assure you----I don't delete peeps off FB for no reason, plus, I like the idea that I have buds:)

TheOtherMrsWhitlockWhoOnlyGetsJazzOnSundays-----How can I NOT get the pillow if I'm buying the throw? Makes no sense personally. My very first debt in my whole adult life came from catalog ordering----Spiegels and Fingerhut and Lillian Verner will be the death of 18 year olds with no taste. Seriously. I got some really REALLY hideous stuff from those places.

I expect a lion and lamb coaster set.

Pauliewantsacracker---I doubt Bells is that overweight in the fic, but yeah, Pharms---I want that one answered too, since I have yet to start it. And if by overweight they mean she's 122 or something, they can eat me lol. I mean, just because Bells eats one too many tacos doesn't make it overweight. I'm with Becs----I want to see Bells having to suck all her fat into triple Spanx. Or a fat Bells that goes to more than one fast food joint for a meal (oh shut it----I wanted nachos and fries).

And for those of you who didn't see, Paulie has been playing with makeup and looking all sexy for us on FB, so you might want to check it out. *Oh OH here she comes, she's a maneater*

Ninna---Mike's Hard Lemonade----like a candy flavored drink. Really does pretty much taste like lemonade with an edge, but no, you don't want to go there, because that crap is easy to suck down a lot of. Totes sweeeet.

Pharm---*Hunting for an Aussie to offer a root to*----eggs on pizza? Hmmm. I'm pregnant, so I'm totally not the person to say if this is gross or delicious. What kind of eggs (i.e scrambled, poached, benedict lol?) and how much? And I expect to see that pic that your wife is holding for her own spank bank purposes, although, since she's your wife, I guess she wouldn't need to have a spank bank seeing as how she's constantly making, er, withdrawls? Deposits? See where I was going with this? Me neither.

Anyone else picturing a Darkward when Pharms talks about walking down the street? Rawr!

And speaking of weird pizza---what kind do you peeps like? Might be cool to see what peeps around the planet have on the world's most universal dish. Me---I love pizza, truly I do---and my fave pizza is probably a veggie pizza (there isn't a veggie I won't eat) with no cheese. I love cheese, more than sexy times (trust me, cheese always calls me the next day), but when I went vegetarian a few years back I gave up red meat, poultry and cheese. So I got addicted to pizza with no cheese, and even if you are a cheese junkie-try it one time. I was shocked at how good pizza was without cheese. Even though I eat meat and cheese again now, I still have not changed my pizza habits.

Movie reviews: 9 was pretty good. It definitely had a Tim Burton feel, even though he was a producer and not director of it, but it felt real short for some reason. Interesting concept and great animation though.

Surrogates: If you dig Bruce Willis, see it. Otherwise, eh, maybe wait for DVD. The idea is cool---and what transpires in it is sort of neat. But it moved very very fast and glossed over things and didn't really develop characters.

TV: Ok ok. I'll admit it---I've been watching Vamp Diaries. I just finished the third episode, and even though I really was prepared after the first episode to hate this thing, I can't help but point out that the creators of the SHOW (not the book, since I haven't read them) are doing their best to sexy time it up a bit, and I'll be darn if that Damien guy ain't the hottest vamp. So I'm hooked---a little.

Oh--Pharms----I want the link you have for the fanfic group, because I'm not sure if I have it.

Speaking of fanfic:

I've only got one to really pimp out today, because it's freaking awesome: High Anxiety. It's a REALLY awesome fic, and I was turned on to it by AngstGoddess of Wide Awake FAIL (come on already---I've begged and pleaded and I want my eppie!) so I gave it a go this weekend and it's really really good. No huge lemons yet (although plenty of self love lemons from Eddie) but it's promising to be HAWT.

And Becs---dude---I read Toye that you pimped to me----I can't believe you did that lol! That sucker was freaking DARK. All those looking for just a DARK fic, um, yeah, go look up Toye. Now. It's short and the end is twisted.

Is it wrong that I started rereading New Moon, and I can't bring myself to read chapter 3? I mean it---the one entitled "The End". Hubs asked me yesterday "Um, you are still on the same page?" I just don't want to go there lol.

Ok peeps. I'm out and I hope everyone has an awesome start of their week!

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

I'll read and post more later...but just wanted to update you all on hubs job sitch...
They had a company meeting...his boss stopped all benefits, no more insurance, 401K, milage, or internet payments AND she cut his pay by 20%.
:(
I'm telling myself it could be worse...what freaks me out is the insurance...with three little boys during flu season and Aiden might need eye surgery coming up...I dunno what we're going to do. And with the pay cut, its not like it'll be super easy to pay for. Still we have money coming in...so...
Hopefully he'll get some job offers since he threw his resume out on Monster. *crosses fingers*
You never know...this could be a very good thing...I'm praying we come out better in the end!

Thanks for listening guys!

PS plz dont say anything on Fb cause his boss is on there ;)
Wingtear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Wingtear »

Misty...
I wish there was something I could do to help, I really do.
How's your job coming along by the way? You feeling OK with it at all?

I'm done with my first day of maternity leave :mrgreen: and so far it's been good. Called work this morning, they were happy, since the harpy has a sick-note until Thursday. She just had to come to work for my last two days to try to give me the flu... F*CKING FEMALE DOG!

We've scraped and plastered the whithered wall on the balcony, and the other side is painted (once) and when I say "we" I mean my hubby did it. Tomorrow there'll be some more plastering and painting, and I'll try to clean out the car. Like, seriously clean it out. Polishing the inside of the windows with shaving foam and all (if you didn't know, that prevents fogging) and vacuum and what not. Later in the week I'll start washing pup's clothes, the padding on the car seat, the carriage stuff and such. I just gotta go pick up the rest of the carriage and bring it all home.
Banner and avatar by the amazing MRK
jasmine
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by jasmine »

@mrk, they can just take away your insurance? around here its mandatory, they cant take it away, even if they wanted to.
I hope everything will work out for you.

@obie, pizza: i wanted to start a rant about there being no pizzas without cheese, and you ruined that for me.
oh wel....its not like i always care what other ppl say...
Around here you cant buy a pizza without cheese. I dont like melted cheese. just melted, i love normal cheese.(d0h im dutch AND i live in cheesecity). But melted, ieuw, it looks like vomit to me. ANyway, i dont understand it, because A there are ppl who dont like cheese and B there are ppl who have allergies and cant have it(or arent allowed because of the fat).
But for some reason you cant buy them without cheese. Ive thought about ordering them from a pizza place, but everytime i want something ''different'' from a takeaway, they always get it wrong. So..sometimes i make my own. You can buy a package with the bottom and sauce in it and all you have to do is make the topping. Still, its not the same thing.

About me:
nothing much, sid and i had weird allergies on sunday. sneezed al ffing day. so now my nose is falling apart. It was bright red yesterday at work, and today all of that skin is peeling of. got a picture in your head yet? well I have to walk around with it!

other than then, not much to tell. just bought some tickets for the beauty and the beast festival. Its pretty near(with the train), and we havent been to a concert in ages so ill take what i can get. Its with leaves eyes and atrocity, and those usually are pretty good.(although sometimes its to soft for my taste).

The Gen Y Rocks My Twilight Socks

Follow me @ http://gosh-makeup.blogspot.com/
animegaijingirl

Post by animegaijingirl »

Forgive me running in, jumping up and down and running away again but...

I'm going to Dublin to see Paramore in December!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

I wasn't fast enough (don't ask, people drama lol) to get them here in Glasgow, but then I checked and Dublin had dates, it's James' b.day weekend, so I'm taking us away for the weekend and going to the gig! I'm so happy, been having a shoot migraine week, this makes it better :D :mrgreen: :D

OK, sorry sorry, be back later to talk properly, just needed to jump up and down to people who get it 8-)
obieewok

Post by obieewok »

Ah....to be young and in Dublin lol...

I like Parmore, but apparently, not as much as Becs lol. Is that all you are giving him for his bday *wiggles eyebrows in a creepy suggestive manner*???

Misty----that just freaking sucks. As a person who has been a victim of layoffs twice now, yeah, while part of you wants to say "Could have been worse" the other part just wants to kick something/one. But if it's one thing I've learned (and am still learning) it's that life always goes on. We always make it through, even when we don't know how we do it. I won't be all stereotypical and say "it'll get better" and all that jazz, but you know deep down it always does. You'll look back one day and it'll just be another time you had to struggle.

I'm going to try some of my own medicine lol. I've been entirely too stressed about finances. It's just money---green paper----it comes, it goes (more often it's going). Eh.

Jassy---one of the crappiest things about here---they can pretty much take away just about anything. Nothing in this place is mandatory, although it should be, and almost everything has a loophole that screws you. Ain't it great?

I have found one pizza at a health foods store that had no cheese, and it was awful tasting for some reason. I usually only get them when we order from a chain delivery pizza joint around here. These people will do anything you ask, because you still have to pay the same price for the pizza, and they get to save themselves the cheese. I've tried to make it myself once, but you are right---it's just not the same.

BESTTHINGEVER--- I got home from a particularly blah day yesterday to a package from AllyCat. For those of you who don't know, Ally is my wicked cool college Lex hottie who happens to also have an unhealthy addiction to Sookie Stackhouse novels. So I lent her some books and she sent them back with GIFTS!!!!!!!! *Gasp* She went through A LOT of thought on this, because each gift was numbered in the order they should be opened with a card. Was too freaking swwwweeeeetttt. Hubs pouted because I got something cool and all he gets is Old Man mail. Anyways, first gift was some super broody-swoon worthy Twi magnets, the Rob of which is staring at me all pissy like right now on my cubicle wall. Second gift was this super cool license plate personalization----simply reads "Fangtastia" (if you have no clue what this is in reference to, you should seriously ask yourself if you are cool) which is now in my office at home hanging. The third one----let me preface this by saying Ally apparently knows about my love of eating really weird things and she also referenced the fact that I'm knocked up---it was a box of Jolly Time Popcorn--the flavor being something called Mellow Magic.

I'm starting a new paragraph for the F***awesomeness that is Mallow Magic Jolly Time Popcorn, from here on out dubbed---crackcorn. So this crackcorn stuff works like this----Ninna, listen preggo-----you pop this crackcorn up just like you would normal popcorn, and the crackcorn has this light taste of marshmellow, sort of sweetness, a little like kettle corn. The best part is the topping----each bag also comes with this pour over marshmellow topping----not like fluff really----more like icing with marshmellow flavor. Oh.My.Sweet.Baby.Jesus. I know what you are thinking----"Ewww....marshmellow popcorn???" NO biznatches...it's crack I tell you. And hubs was all skeptical and didn't want to try it, so me and Lulu did and the kid is a convert just like me----kept getting all pissy with me for hogging the bowl. She loves it because it's sticky and sweet. We were almost done gobbling the whole freaking thing and then lardbutt Hubs came and wanted a sample and he said "Pop the other one....NOW" there's only like two to a box, so I was freaking reluctant as all crap about it---but did it anyways---and Oh.My.Goodness----Ally, dude, I'm going to throttle you and make love to you in equal parts you punk----that is THE BEST POPCORN EVER. Now, you might be thinking I'm all porno over this crackcorn because I'm knocked up----but let me assure you that the kid and the hubs are the freaking definition of finicky eater---and they LOVE this crap. so much so that hubs has been on the phone all morning trying to locate a retailer near us that sells this crack. I have done as Ally does and ORDERED A CASE OFF THE INTERNET (dude, amazon gives a good deal btw, or just go to Jolly Time's website) and I'm already having withdrawls.

So to Ally, here's a virtual lap dance and throttle for introducing me to the crack. I hate love you. And thanks for the gifts dude, you seriously didnt' have to. I thought I was getting some cool Kenneth Cole size 10s thanks to the box you sent, but this was so much better lol:)

Ok all---that's all I got for you. Um, I feel like I should tell you a joke or something. Hmmmm....Um.....

I'm not having more than three babies. Know why? Because one out of every four babies is born Chinese.

lol....it works as a joke if you aren't Chinese. Lol. See---I'm in that kind of mood today. Everything is groovy.

Obs
"Has anyone ever shown you the difference between good touch and bad touch? 'Cause I'd love to demonstrate. We could start right now.'"

Like my banner? Suck it. MRK made it for me.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

Becs I am completely jealous. Paramore is only coming as close as Atlanta to us and I can't afford to go down there. I just bought there new cd while I was out at Wal-Mart. Great so far!

Obiee! - First, I can't believe that the package got there so fast. The woman told me it would be close to 6 business days, not to mention I took it to the post office Friday college student - I have too much time to think up stuff. Give a bored 20 year old a silver sharpie and wrapping paper and you get your package. At first, I was going to make you a green street sign that said Hummingbird Rd for Sookie's street ( :o is my obsession showing, haha), but 1) they weren't formating it like a real street sign w/ the outline and different sized fonts 2) I don't know how I'd ship that - it was pretty finding a box that wasn't overly huge to fit the licenses plate aka why it took so long for me to ship the package in the first place (it was funny for my family to watch me try to outsmart box demensions lol) - 3) Fangtasia reminds us of Eric, which equals win. I'm also glad I was right that you'd had the same taste as me. I love me some novelties - food, movie/book related products,you name it I'll probably shovel out cash for it. Plus, I love finding gifts for people. If I find out something you like, love, or obsessed with I will locate a personalized gift. One my list: Gone With the Wind drinking glasses for my friend's x-mas gift this year.

Isn't that popcorn F***awesomeness! I laughed when I saw you devoted a whole paragraph to it - it deserves it. My dad will eat it, but my mom, sister, and friends think it is crazy. I thought you might enjoy it w/ out being pregnant too, but I figured it would be an extra bonus at present since you always mention how you crave sweet & salty mix. I don't even know how much I have left, there is a huge cases in my pantry because 1) that stuff is so rich and 2) I overloaded in the beginning and now know to pace myself. But when my next Netflix dvd comes, I'm going to add a bowl of Mallow Magic :D

Thats all I got for now. A little disappointed that my friend picked up Count Chocula the Wal-Mart on the other side of town, but it wasn't at my Wal-mart. But, I'm throwing a very mini going away lunch party for my friend tomorrow. She is going to France for a year - le gasp, I won't get to see New Moon with her.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily