I didn't register but I have an account?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
HarmonyFan

I didn't register but I have an account?

Post by HarmonyFan »

MOD EDIT: moving this post to the Accident Forum. The Still Confused thread is specifically for asking questions about our FAQs.

Hello! I didn't register on this site, but I've still got an account. Why is that? I've been looking all over this place for an answer, but I couldn't find it. :S
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Re: I didn't register but I have an account?

Post by December »

Um...not sure I understand your question. If you didn't register, how do you come to be logged in and posting as Harmony Fan? Registering = creating a username and account.

Unless...are you using a shared computer? Is it possible that someone else created the account and you found the browser still logged in as Harmony Fan?
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
HarmonyFan

Post by HarmonyFan »

I meant that I didn't create an account, but I got an email that my account had been activated. And no, I don't use a shared computer.
December

Post by December »

Ok, so that is weird. You're saying you just got an email out of the blue telling you that an account had been created for you on the Lex with the username HarmonyFan? Obviously it must have been done by someone who knows your email address. Can you think of anyone who might have done that for you (do you have a friend maybe who wants you to join the Lex?). Do you read our forums? Are you even a Twilight fan?

On thing you should do as a matter of security is to change your Lex password ASAP so the person who created your account can't access it. You can do this via the User Control Panel -- the UCP link is located at the top left of every Lex page, about an inch below the main Twilight Lexicon Banner. Do the following:

1) click on the User Control Panel link (as described above)
2) click on the Profile tab at the top of the User Control Panel page
3) on the left side of the Profile page, click on Edit Account Settings
4) change your password in the spaces provided.

It's important that you do this right away, just in case the account was set up with malicious intent.
HarmonyFan

Post by HarmonyFan »

December wrote:Ok, so that is weird. You're saying you just got an email out of the blue telling you that an account had been created for you on the Lex with the username HarmonyFan? Obviously it must have been done by someone who knows your email address. Can you think of anyone who might have done that for you (do you have a friend maybe who wants you to join the Lex?). Do you read our forums? Are you even a Twilight fan?

No, I'm actually Anti-Twilight. It could have been someone just kidding with me, but I don't know who that would be.

One thing you should do as a matter of security is to change your Lex password ASAP so the person who created your account can't access it. You can do this via the User Control Panel -- the UCP link is located at the top left of every Lex page, about an inch below the main Twilight Lexicon Banner. Do the following:

1) click on the User Control Panel link (as described above)
2) click on the Profile tab at the top of the User Control Panel page
3) on the left side of the Profile page, click on Edit Account Settings
4) change your password in the spaces provided.

It's important that you do this right away, just in case the account was set up with malicious intent.
Okay, but what do I do if I want my account deleted?
December

Post by December »

No problem, we can do that for you right now if you'd like.
December

Post by December »

I'm curious to know though....how did you know your password?
HarmonyFan

Post by HarmonyFan »

December wrote:I'm curious to know though....how did you know your password?
Well, actually, when I clicked on the link in the email I was already logged in. o_o
December

Post by December »

Do you mean to say you don't know it? Surely you must have had to log in subsequently to keep up this conversation....