Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by 24601 »

abigael_d wrote:1. why is the font color for my posts in PINK, while everyone else's is in PURPLE (the default)? because i know for sure that i do not change the font color, but is there a reason behind this, or is it a normal thing?
I think BHG answered your questions well, but i want to point out if you do not like the font color, you can highlight your text and choose your own color from the palette above. or if you are the tying sort start your post with

Code: Select all

[color=...] 
where ... is either the name (black, green, red, blue, green, yellow,white) or the color number (more complicated) and then end the post with

Code: Select all

[/color]

I hope that helps.[/kjc]
abigael_d
Settled in Forks

Post by abigael_d »

Bronze Haired Girl wrote:I'm going to do my best to answer your questions.

1. The default for everyone is purple. I'm not sure why yours is showing up pink. However, on my computer all your posts look the same color as everyone else's.

2. your user group is defaulted. All new users are put into the "newly registered user" group until you have 3 approved posts. After that you automatically move into the "registered user" group. The move does change the color of your name.

thanks so much! :D
Follow me on TWITTER!
Follow me on Tumblr!
♥ Team Switzerland ♥ Team Ian O'Shea ♥ Shiver ♥ Glee ♥ A.Idol ♥ Titanic ♥ Taylor² ♥ David Archuleta ♥ 11 ♥
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Ok, I can answer this one: it baffled me for a very long time before the penny finally dropped. Your posts aren't actually coming out different from other people's. The boards are currently set up so that the LATEST POST on any thread will appear in a different colour from all the preceding posts. In point of fact, an annoyingly illegible pink. But only the first time that one looks at the thread. The next time you visit the thread, you'll find the post has reverted to the default purple colour. Try it and see. It's a funny feature of the system, which I suppose is meant to highlight the latest posts, though in practice it just makes them hard for you to read!

But as 24601 and BHG say, you can get around this if it bugs you by manually specifying the font colour of your post via BB code -- this overrides the software's determination to cast your latest remarks in the rosiest possible light.

ETA
If you edit a post, it will have the same effect of temporarily making it appear pink to you!

Another oddity of the system...this doesn't seem to be true for all threads. Or for all users. We're still trying to figure out exactly when and why this happens. Are you using a Mac?
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
December

Post by December »

Double posting here to say: for anyone who read my answer earlier today...the first explanation I wrote here wasn't quite right, and I've rewritten my post above accordingly. It's NOT just one's own recent posts that appear pink to one -- other people's do too. So for example, your latest post will appear pink to me. But only the first time I visit the thread. And my latest post should look pink to you, the first time you read it. I'm leaving this post uncoloured -- tell me if you see it as pink!
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

Yeah, i see the post pink over pink background, i guess that's a way to find the latest post in a thread, maybe :roll:
December

Post by December »

Seems that way. Though I think there may be a statute of limitations on it -- I don't see pink on threads I haven't been to in a long time.
Eri

Post by Eri »

Maybe it shows only in posts you've made a reply or posts you're following :roll:
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

abigael_d wrote:....why is the font color for my posts in PINK, while everyone else's is in PURPLE (the default)?
I wanted to respond here as this is the question that started it all! The new posts appear in 'pink' if you select to view the latest post. You can do that by clicking view submitted post right after posting or by going to the unread post on a topic.

I actually had not intended for this 'feature' of highlighting the newest posts to be in the boards design and it is inconsistant insofar as if you choose a font color, it does not change.

I have now updated the board so the newest posts are in the standard colour scheme.

Thanks for pointing this out. It created quite a discussion and we have now fixed it.
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

Can I change my username? It was one of those things where I was too tired to think of something good...but now I have a better one...do I just make a new account?

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
Eri

Post by Eri »

Could you pm me the new username you want??