Hello from Essay33

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Hello from Essay33

Post by Essay33 »

Okay, it feels weird to start a thread just to say hello, but I gather that's the protocol here. Soooo...

Hello!

How did you pick your screen name?

It's a not-too-clever play on my initials and the fact that I teach English.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

I read the books after the first movie was in the theaters. My youngest son was in 6th grade, all his female classmates were reading the books and seeing the movie, and one of the moms got a bee in her bonnet about this. She felt it inappropriate material (it was a rather conservative religious private school) so she took it on herself to send out an email to the parents of all the kids in the class, complaining about the situation. That did not sit well with me on a number of levels. At least it motivated me to read the books! I read all four books one after the other within a week, and enjoyed them far more than I expected. I subsequently listened to the unabridged audiobooks, and thoroughly enjoyed them as well.

My favorite would be the first book, only because there is something rather magical in the first of anything. The Hobbit, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, even the first Star Wars movie (the one now called #IV "A New Hope") all hold a special place in my heart for introducing me to their respective imaginative worlds. Same with Twilight.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

I'm not sure that I can differentiate...without Bella, who are Edward or Jacob? Without Edward and Jacob, who is Bella? They are intertwined. I find Edward's character the most compelling because it is the most complex.

Who is your favorite minor character?

Hmm... that would be Carlisle, though I think of him as a secondary, rather than "minor" character.

What are your hobbies?

Writing, needlework, and when the economy was good I traveled a great deal, but now, well, I'm not doing that now. *sigh*

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town

I was born and raised in a suburb of Chicago but left there at 18 and have lived in Southern California ever since. I consider myself a Californian. The only remnant of the Midwest remaining in me is a hint of accent when I pronounce words with a double O ("broom," "room," and "roof"). This is a source of perpetual amusement for my kids.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

Old enough to know better, young enough to not care. Okay, okay, 40's. But it's not the years, it's the mileage...

Anything else you would like to share.

I'm impressed by the design and features of this site (very attractive, very user-friendly), and amazed by the information you've amassed in the Lexicon!
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: Hello from Essay33

Post by n0vaice »

Great Intro.

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Essay33
Wandering Through Town

Post by Essay33 »

Thank you for the kind welcome, karl and copper curls, and for the links. I found the site philosophy perfectly in line with my own prior to joining the board (I scoped this place out first just to be sure I was a "fit"). Alcyone's guide is really helpful for me, and I appreciate your directing me there.

Off to sell my kids' textbooks on half.com...the educational expenses never end...
"Where I am not understood, it shall be concluded that something very useful and profound is couched underneath." --Jonathan Swift, A Tale of a Tub
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi Welcome to the board. I have to agree with the others great intro. Makes me want to re write mine since I just threw some answers up there. It's nice here and it very interesting to see everyones point of view on our favorite topic Twilight Saga.
Banner by TammyAZ
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Hello and Welcome to the Lex!
Enjoy your time here and hope to see you around the boards!
~skylarblue
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Love the intro!
I am Miss P. I'm 40 and a teacher!
So glad you found your way to the Lex!
I noticed in your intro that you like to write. Check out the Fanfiction Discussion Thread.
Be Warned...FanFiction is extremely addictive...for the writer and the reader!
Hope to see you around the threads!
bree
Settled in Forks

Post by bree »

Hi Essay33!

Im Martina
Welcome to the board :) thank you for the nice greeting in my topic :oops:
here in Hungary people in 40's dont really like the new "love stories'' like Twilight saga ( except my mom, but its my "fault" :D ) and Im surprised and happy (of course) to see elder people like you :)

(sorry for my English again :P)

greetings from Hungary

bree
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi Essay 33!! It's Openhome from Twilighted!! Glad to see you here! Now we can get the writer's thread back up and functional! :D
PM me if you have any questions! I am so happy you are here.
By the way, I'm 43, and a bunch of us older girls play on the Gutter Gals and Heavenly Hash threads in the Flight to Phoenix Forums. Come on over and introduce yourself.