Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Worried about the New Moon movie?

Post by Jadey »

Edward is supposed to be frightening, if Bella wakes up screaming in her dreams.

And I'm optimistic about the reunion. I know in the book it's just like "no edward!!", "bella? Im dead!" *along comes the volturi*

But I'm hoping for the movie they make it all gushy and gooey and Bella and Eddie should kiss intensely? I don't know. Im excited to see what they come up with. Don't get me wrong, the way it is in the book is wonderful, but for the movie it would be cool to see another persons interpretation, and what they think should be best.

I know I know, why change a great thing. But have some faith. I love Chris.
But if it ends up crappy, I'm going to stab Melissa.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

Jadey wrote:

I know I know, why change a great thing. But have some faith. I love Chris.
But if it ends up crappy, I'm going to stab Melissa.
You're right,change isn't always a bad thing,and I'm trying to keep an open mind.I do believe in chris,and think he's doing a good job.I was happy when I heard he was going to be the director.

My issue is also with Melissa.All the bad(hopefully there won't be any) I will blame on her.I'm not cutting on her as a person,just on the work she does.

Hopefully we will all be happily surprised with the end result.
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

switzgal wrote:What surprises me is the MR (for the most part) CH and now CW all seem to think they should change the movie from the books somehow. WHY???? If the books sold millions and the fans obviously LOVES the BOOK SERIES, then why change anything????

I mean, they already have a sure fire phenomenon on their hands (the Twilight Series books)! Why would anybody change it??
I can understand some things need to be condensed, some things need to be left out because it's only a 2 hour movie, but the scenes that they do put in the movie BETTER be exactly like the book!!!!
Excellent point! The book is a bestseller. It has genuinely devoted fans all over the world. It is bound to be ha huge success if they keep it the way it is in the book.
Personally I want the reunion the way it was in the book. That they dont kiss on the lips until they are back home. That Edward tries to kiss her and Bella says "don't", because she's sure he's going to leave any minute. And I love the part where she can't resist him anymore.... *melt*
Anyway, I'm getting more scared by the minute now. Trying to be optimistic, but all these interviews are scaring me.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

The reunion scene..
Oooh. Definately *melt..!* The scene where they finally kiss is adorable.
The scenes that Ive seen so far, im really liking!
Although im thinking I might stop reading all these websites and stop spoiling the film for me! :P
xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Jadey wrote:Edward is supposed to be frightening, if Bella wakes up screaming in her dreams.
I don't think she was waking up screaming because Edward was frightening her, but because he was leaving her and she couldn't find him... Its been a little while since I last read NM, but I'm pretty sure that was how it went....
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

^-- What roseaurora said.

Also, I have a different idea of which scene they were referring to when they said "reunion." For me, it's either:

1. The scene where Bella slams into Edward in the alley
2. The scene in the "lobby" where Bella breaks down after the meeting with the Volturi

The bedroom scenes that happen after all this are, for me, a post-reunion. They're already back together- they were just working out the details.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I agree with you roseaurora; I interpreted her screaming and fears as coming from the fact that she was looking and couldn't find Edward. That she found nothing.
ringswraith wrote:^-- What roseaurora said.

Also, I have a different idea of which scene they were referring to when they said "reunion." For me, it's either:

1. The scene where Bella slams into Edward in the alley
2. The scene in the "lobby" where Bella breaks down after the meeting with the Volturi

The bedroom scenes that happen after all this are, for me, a post-reunion. They're already back together- they were just working out the details.
If I am too choose which one of those to call reunion, I would say when she slams into Edward, and the following walk into the meeting. When I said reunion before I sort of meant the whole thing from the slamming and to the end of the book almost. The sweet reunion that takes place in Forks was what I was focusing on, or should I say the more physical reunion :) But yes, it is more appropriate to call that post-reunion. For me, they were back together again almost the second she slammed into him. Or I knew they would be at least.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

roseaurora wrote:
Jadey wrote:Edward is supposed to be frightening, if Bella wakes up screaming in her dreams.
I don't think she was waking up screaming because Edward was frightening her, but because he was leaving her and she couldn't find him... Its been a little while since I last read NM, but I'm pretty sure that was how it went....
That's exactly how it went. She would wander in her dreams and could not find Edward and then she would wake up screaming at the horror of the emptiness. She was NEVER afraid of him. This business of making Edward scary and different from the way his was written is ticking me off! :x Grrrr!!!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
candybabe1012
Wandering Through Town
Location: With Jacob at the beach.. even if I am too old for him :)

Post by candybabe1012 »

navarre wrote:
roseaurora wrote:
That's exactly how it went. She would wander in her dreams and could not find Edward and then she would wake up screaming at the horror of the emptiness. She was NEVER afraid of him. This business of making Edward scary and different from the way his was written is ticking me off! :x Grrrr!!!

I dont really think they mean to make it sound like Edward himself is scary... I think they mean that with the visions and stuff he is angry and is coming across as something less perfect and thus b.c he is a vampire scary. This is a dark book. The whole mood is depressed and dark. I dont have a problem with them making these type of scenes darker. Its only going to add to the over all mood as well as make the ending that much better. Anyone who as lost someone they love knows exactly how bella feels, and it is a dark time. And the dreams are scary... not in a BOO kinda way but in a way that you dont feel like you can go on, you feel lost. And feeling that way can be one of the scariest experiences in ones life.
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Time for a new script writer me thinks!
Although im looking forward to seeing this 'darker Edward', it is annoying that Melissa Rosenburg is AGAIN changing the story. :evil:
xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.