Chapter 34: Declared

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 34: Declared

Post by Alphie »

Thanks go to Cullengirl for her help with these questions.

1. Why do think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now?

2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not?

3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different?

4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being a war with the Volturi?

5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not?

6. Do you think Bella and Charlie’s relationship has changed? Why or why not?

7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes?
carranzaya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: My personal and beautiful Universe where Edward and Ian exist!!!

Re: Chapter 34: Declared

Post by carranzaya »

1. Why do think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now?

Because of their sublime and gifted army that they have formed amongs thousands of years, almost all of them are talented; also because in every war they pick amongs their enemies the most gifted vampires not given them the chance to live aoutside of the royal family, they have to succumb to their power and laws, become one of them or die, as Edward said in New Moon. It is mostly the reason why they have been in power for so many millennia.

2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not?

Joined them of course!!! no doubt at all, why? cause i share Garrett philosophy, Why they should rule their world? am with the nomads 100%

3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different?

The first one creates vampires because of his selfishness always thinking in his own interest, Carlisle it is the opposite, he just couldnt stand to let die those beautiful lives: Edward being so pure, such a good boy, Esme so lovely, Rosalie so young, being treated with such a violence, she deserved better, ; his a compassionate man.

Cause he knows better ;) , we have to keep in mind that he understand (have heard to be precise) Aro's, Caius and Marcus mind, he knows how they work, knows what it is behind all that charade of power, he knows they are afraid of The Cullens family, they envy them; nevertheless that doesnt mean that he underestimated them.

5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not?

Of Bella interactions, not at all, i was expecting she turn out beautifully as a newborn, she has to be different, has to be special. Renesmee was a marvellous surprise, just loved it, the sweetes thing, like anyones else in the word in Edward words, again: as daughter of them has to be a one of a kind!!!

Yes and not, i'll explain myself better. Yes cause now he see his daughter as a grown woman, not a child anymore. And No because the love is the same, or perhaps i must say it is deepest now, cause only Charlie know everything about Bella's choice and future, which it is not allow to Bella's mom for her own good.

7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes?

I think she can, but she hasnt embrace her gift entirely, thats why she seem not 100% sure about it, i believe that she has to feel a little pressure to make the outcome a good one for everybody(dont know if i make my point clear here, not so good at english, sorry)
"You are the most important thing to me ever"
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I don't think there has been another coven as big as the Cullens before, so no one else would have ever stood a chance against the Volturi. They are powerful because others fear them and they have very gifted members. They are only being challenged now because they have finally made a mistake in accusing the Cullens of something that they did not do.

I'd like to say I probably would help them. If I was helping them i'd obviously be a vampire and probably have lived a long time, so it would be worth it to help someone else.

Amun seems to be creating them for his own benefit; to create his own coven that he can control. Carlisle on the other hand created vampires so he could have a family.

4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being at war with the Volturi?
I think part of it is that he does not want to deal with it himself; like he is in denial about it a little bit. I think the majority of it is that he doesn't want to scare Bella or Nessie anymore than necessary.

5. Were you surprised by how Renesmee and Bella interact with another? Why or why not?
No, Bella is Nessie's mother of course she is going to love her and keep her vampire tendencies under control. I was a little surprised with how smart Nessie was. The way they interact is very sweet, they are obviously learning their way through this new world together.

I'm sure it has. Every father daughter relationship is bound to change once the daughter gets married and has her own family. However, I still think she and Charlie love each other and would be there for one another if they needed it.

Sure why not? I mean if Alice can see the future, Jasper can manipulate emotions, and Bella can shield other people's minds, then why wouldn't she be able to visualize the future she wants?
Hyvanna

Post by Hyvanna »

They are the largest coven and They collect others with powerfull gifts that would aid them if needed, and most see it as a high honer to be chosen by them. No other coven is challengeing them for "power" the Volturi only assume that the Cullens is a threat to their "power".

Yes I would join the Cullens. If you were called upon for help by Carlisle that would mean you knew him at some point in your life knew what kind of person he is and the old saying.. a family member of Carlisles would be a friend of mine, so to me there would be not hesation no matter who, how powerfull,and what they needed helped with...yep..well at least ya died with your boots on helpin a good family.

Carlisle did it because of eatch of them was near death, out of compassion, love and a touch of loneyness he would never just change someone to just be changing them. Amun did it selfishly because he know Benj..would be a powerfull vampire.

He hopes and knows the Volturis thinks and are afraid that the Cullens are more powerfull and to see all the witnesses it would make them pause long enough, but mostly so Bella and Nessie wont be too scared even tho Bella already is.

No not realy surprised, Bella already proved she's die for Renesmee after that keeping her safe an happy is all that matters, of course how they interract would be differnt from normal mother daughter relationships, Renesmee is a mix of Bella an Edward so of course Nessie is special and very smart so they have fun togather and they are serouse at the sametime they can explain stuff that you would not explain to a child much less a baby/toddler.

Yes Bella isn't a child anymore and they share a deep secart that they cant even share with her mother. Like any parent child relationship it changes when they get merried an start a family of their own, the love is always there its just matured and growed to include more.

Any thing is possible at this point :lol: ....... No not on the outcome of the Volturi........ Yes on maybe smaller peaces of the future that doen't invole meny people an with less at stake.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Why do think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now? Because they (especially Aro) are very cunning. They have collected vampires w/great gifts & abilities so that they have a great army & could win probably any fight.

2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not? Of course! I LOVE the Cullens,they are the coolest family every. I would never want anything to happen to them & do what I could to help (especially if I was lucky enought to be counted among their friends, which I assume I would be since he's asking for my help :D )

3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different? Carlisle did it to save their lives. Amun did it out of selfishness.

4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being a war with the Volturi? I think to try to keep the hope alive that they can win. And so that Bella & Renesmee won't be scared & worried & freaked out (even though Bella already is.) And because thinking postive thoughts supposidly has good effects & can help you.

5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not? No, I think it's natural for a mom & daughter to interact how they do.

6. Do you think Bella and Charlie’s relationship has changed? Why or why not? Yes because Bella is a married woman with a child, I don't think Charlie sees her as his little girl any more. And Charlie knows at least some of the life Bella had been hiding from him.

7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes? I like to think that she can, she just doesn't entirely believe it herself. That would be an awesome gift.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
wig4usc
Settled in Forks

Post by wig4usc »

Alphie wrote:Thanks go to Cullengirl for her help with these questions.

I think the Voluturi have existed as long as they have due to the people they've added to their guard. But I don't believe any other coven has challenged them because there hasn't been a "vegetarian" coven/family as big as Carlisle's. BD talks a lot about the familial ties that the Cullens have are due to their lifestyle. Tanya's group and Carlisle are the only ones referenced in the saga, it made me think this was very unusual. So, that keeps the Volturi from having a formidable opponent.

I would like to think I would stand behind Carlisle. I guess it would depend on the lifestyle you have, if you have a mate, any past experiences with the Voluturi, etc. I like to think that even as a vampire, justice does continue to have a role.

Amun seemed to create Benjamin for his own gain, whereas Carlisle did so to help the individuals from dying and to create a family. Its a subtle difference, Carlisle wanted Edward to be a companion, so that is a gain of sorts. But not one for power or domination, which is what I get from Amun.

I didn't feel like Edward downplayed it at all. I think his focus was that when you live millenia, a lot of time can pass. They were trying to maintain a position that they were not challenging the Volturi, but expose their agenda.

I was not surprised by this at all....I expected an extraordinary connection.

Certainly, although probably not as much as other father/daughters. Its not like either of them were an open book and now they're not.

Carlisle seems like a pretty intuitive, wise vampire. I trusted that if he had a sense of Siobhan's abilities, there was something to it.
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

Because they have such amazing powers in their coven. And there are more people joining every century, because the Volturi gives powerful vampires the choice between joining or death,and I believe that lots of vampires would want to live, so they chose to join. Their loyalty will grow with the years

Yes I would. I would help such a noble family. I couldn't let them die, and then think for the rest of my life that they could have won if I had helped them. They have such pure intensions. I would definitely help them.

Because Carlisle didn't do it for himself. He just saved those because because he didn't want to let them die. Amun just created Benjamin for himself. Not to save him. And I doubt Benjamin was dying when Amun changed him. He was just plain selfish; while Carlisle wasn't.

He isn't really downplaying it I think. He's probably just pretending to ease Bella's worries.

No I wasn't. I always expected Bella to love Renesmee just as much as she does. She would give her life for her.

Yes I think it has matured indeed. And Charlie is in on the secret now, so maybe he can comprehend Bella a bit better now. But he still loves her just as much, so that didn't change at all.

Yes I think she can. And maybe it even makes her more powerful because she doens't truly believe in it herself and therefore doesn't use it intentionally.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

They have been in power for so long because of the guard that they have collected over the years. The vampires knows the amount of talents that is collected in the Volturi coven, and they have learned to fear the Volturi. And this respect has remained unchanged because no one has challenged them.
I don't think there has ever been a coven strong enough to dare to take on the Volturi in a fight. What is different with the Cullens is that they are a family more than a coven. They share a bond of love, and that makes them stronger than any other coven. And they are willing to fight for each other. The armies that were created in Jasper's time with Maria didn't have that level of trust, so they could just as easily turn on each other.

Yes, I hope I would have the guts to do it. I would have been scared as hell, but I hope that my sense of right and wrong would lead me to helping Carlisle and his family.

Like the others have said, Amun did it for selfish reasons. You can argue that Carlisle created Edward for selfish reasons too. He wanted a companion, so he made one for himself. But Edward was dying. He didn't stand a chance, but I think Benjamin did. So their actions were different. But what also separates Carlisle from Amun, is that Carlisle felt bad for what he did to them. That he didn't give them a choice, and especially Rosalie, I think. So Carlisle shows a lot of compassion, that Amun does not.

I think Edward was trying to keep it light for the sake of his wife and daughter. He knew the graveness of the situation that they were in, but he didn't want them to worry too much. And I also think that he himself couldn't really stand to face the fact that they could all die, right after they had gotten a shot at HEA.

I was not surprised. Bella loved Renesmee from the minute she felt that little nudger inside of her. And I always expected her them to be close. You could see that already before she was born, Renesmee loved her mother. What I missed was seeing more of the father/daughter time. I think Edward will be an amazing dad.

In a way it has changed. Bella is a grown married woman for one thing. But most important is the secret. Charlie is partly in on it, but not enough for them to have full openess. Bella has to hide who she truly is to protect her dad, and that causes some wedge between them. But I think they will always be close.

I guess so.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

What makes them so powerful is they have most all of the best talents, bodyguards, trackers,.. everything. I think Bella said it earlier.. Aro doesn't settle for second best, and that's why they're all coming,.. so nothing can happen when they're gone and they can take their new talents home.

Of course,.. The Cullens are honest and pure. They have not asked anyone to fight/die for them, just witness. They truely are selfless.. plus I could try to be with Edward,.. haha

Amun created Benjamin for selfish reasons. He knew he was talented and wanted to add him to his Coven and is now afraid to lose him. Carlisle didn't create Edward or any other vampire for their talents he knew they would posses. He would never be afraid to lose one either, just hurt.

Maybe he has hope. Or maybe he just doesn't want to worry everyone else so much.

They interact in a loving way,.. nothing weird. Even though I do think Bella has Renesmee around a lot of things she shouldn't,.. but they are vampires,.. so I guess you can't hide too much.

It's easier for them now. It always felt like a loving, akward relationship kind of. She basically had to lie to him from the very beginning of moving in with him. And now that the secret is somewhat out, or rather, Charlie knows weird things go on,.. he's okay with it. I think they have grown into a stronger relationship now,.. he even likes Edward! I love that.

Possibly,.. you never know. Carlisle has had a lot of time to ponder and think about things, so hopefully he is right.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Because they feared the talens of the Volturi's guard. They're doing it now because the Cullens are assembling an army, and they think that if they work together, they could do it.

I'm not sure. I tend to follow rules, so I might have been scared of standing up to the Volturi. Then again, I'm also easy to persuade, so Carlisle may have coaxed me into joining him.

Carlisle made vampires to save lives, whereas Amun made a vampire simply because he thought that person would do well.

So Bella (and Renesmee, for that matter) don't worry as much about it.

Not really. They acted like a mother and daughter, as far as I remember.

Yeah, it has... It's always a bit odd when someone turns into a vampire, LOL.

Yes, I do.