Chapter 34: Declared

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Chapter 34: Declared

Post by Tornado »

1. Why do think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now?
Three words: Jane and Alec. Although Chelsea helps as well.

2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not?
Yes. Because I believe in doing the right thing.

3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different?
Carlisle has created them so he can have a family. Amun has created them in the hope he will gain power from them.

4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being a war with the Volturi?
I don't think he does downplay it. Just because he is determined to celebrate Christmas, or have a bit of normality in their lives, does not constitute downplaying the seriousness of the event.

5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not?
No. I don't see anything surprising in the way they behave towards each other.

6. Do you think Bella and Charlie’s relationship has changed? Why or why not?
Yes, because she's clearly keeping something from him, and now he knows it. It would probably put a bit of strain on their relationship, and the stress that is obvious on her is probably why he never mentions Sue. Although, he's so private he probably wouldn't have mentioned it anyway.

7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes?
I don't think it hurts to try.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Chapter 34: Declared

Post by Brienna »

1. Why do you think the Volutri have been in power for so many years? What makes them so powerful? Why hasn’t any other vampire coven challenged the Volturi thus far? Why now?
The Volturi have purposely combined special powers. It makes them stronger than other covens.

2. If you were part of a vampire coven that Carlisle has called upon for help, would you join the Cullens? Why or why not?
Yes, I would join them, they are right, they didn't do anything wrong.

3. Amun and Carlisle have both created vampires. What makes these two characters different?
Amun did it with a selfish goal, for power, Carlisle out of goodness.

4. Why does Edward downplay the seriousness of being a war with the Volturi?
Did he? I didn't feel he did.

5. Were you surprised on how Renesmee’s and Bella’s interact with another? Why or why not?
I don't know why, but I wasn't surprised.

6. Do you think Bella and Charlie’s relationship has changed? Why or why not?
Off course it changed, Bella changed. I think they became more close.

7. Do you believe Siobhan can visualize the future she wants as Carlisle believes?
Yep :)