Chapter 15: Tick Tock

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Breaking Dawn.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 15: Tick Tock

Post by akire »

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go?

He can't help it. He loves her & wants her to be happy and if he can contribute to or influence that happiness, that's just bonus. As much as it hurts him, it would hurt him more to know he's adding to her distress. That's why he can't tell her no. Bella can't stop the pull she feels toward Jacob. When Edward left, he became an integral part of her life. At this point, she's not strong enough to let him go -- not with all this other drama going on in her life.

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella?

I think Rose sincerely believes Bella will make it through as a vampire. Edward would know if she didn't truly believe it & would be more pissed off at her. I think Rose really wants to save both -- she knows how it would affect Edward and therefore her family and her life.

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection?

Really, they only manage to confuse Carlisle & Edward more as to the nature of the baby -- and make Jake quite mad. As it turns out, there was a deeper connection but I didn't quite get it at this point. I just wondered if a vampire & human could make a werewolf baby. :lol:

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans?

At this point, I didn't think it was very reasonable to think about keeping Charlie in her life. I thought she was stringing him along a bit; postponing his agony especially after she started to sound better.

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive?

I thought they would wait until Bella & Rose are sure the baby can survive and then perform a C-section of sorts in a controlled environment where they can monitor Bella's condition.

Image Image Image
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. If being around Bella is so uncomfortable for Jacob, why does he keep putting himself in this situation? Why can’t he tell Bella, no? And why can’t Bella, knowing how it makes Jacob feel, let him go?
they love each other. even though bella's married to edward, its a love triangle all the way around.

2. Do think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella?
yes, i think that she knows edward will change her to save her if he has to. shes not stupid. and she just wants the baby.

3. What ramifications do the coincidences between Jacob and the baby have? Could there be a deeper meaning or connection?
well, we all know how this one ends. but i didnt suspect anything till it happened!!

4. Do you think Bella is being reasonable or even realistic in her plans for keeping Charlie in her life? Not taking into account later chapters, what were your feelings when you first read about her plans?
not realistic or reasponsable. your suposed to keep the ones you love alive!!! not put them in danger!!

5. After weighing the facts presented by Rosalie about the birth of other babies like this, how do you think they will deliver the baby and do so in the hopes that Bella can survive?
i wasnt sure. i mean, were talking about vampires, humans, something unknown, and birth....what ya gonna do??
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I think Jake continues to put himself in this position because it would cause both him and Bella more pain than if they never saw one another again. He can't tell her no, cos he wants to make her happy...especially now, making her upset could harm her even more due to all the baby stuff!

I really think she wouldn't care very much if Bella died. I really don't like Rosalie here, she seems so selfish and just horrible!! I really do hope that she would try to save Bella if something happened to her...

I had no idea what it meant. I was most confused!!

I thought she was prolly acting a bit stupid, but then again, I figured she prolly wouldn't be a typuical vampire, so maybe she would be able to see him!

Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

For Bella, same dilema she felt in Eclipse,.. she loves him and just can't let him go. That's her best friend, she loves him,. And Jacob,.. my guess would be that he loves her. And he knows she's dying, and it's hard to just drop someone who is dying.

No, I don't think Rosalie really cares wether Bella lives or dies, she just wants the baby, but I'm sure she is hoping deep down that Bella does live, for Edward's sake.

Well, if the baby ends up being half vampire half human, thats kind of like the shape-shifters. Alice not being able to see them and the rapid growth.. it makes sense.

I didn't like it. Either she's going to die or change into a vampire and not be able to see Charlie for a long time, the time being might seem like a good idea but its really not overall.

Of course they want both of them to live. Rosalie and Bella are probably the only ones who are truly worried about the baby though, I'm pretty sure everyone else just wants Bella.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Well I know why but I wont say on here for some poeple who haven't read the chapters after this one ;), cause it's not Bella he's telling no, she isn't the one who has to let go

Mainly the baby but she would like Bella to live. I guess she could be Rose is hard to read.

Alice can't see them...and some stuff that come in latter chapters.

I think Bellas crazy but in a good way. I think they are pretty good and something I would of never thought of

I thought that they would have to cut the baby out with one of their teeth, probably Edward, and then have him bite her right after.
**Kathryn**
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Because he wants to make Bella happy. She's in a bad situation, and he doesn't want to make it worse by telling her that. Bella is probably not entirely in her right mind right now, and she's in so much pain that she doesn't notice how uncomfortable Jacob is.

I think she wants to save both.

I know what relationship they share later...

I thought it was a good idea.

I knew how the birth would go.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Because they are drawn to each other by an irresistible force that increases with the growth of her baby. Strange, that.

I think that Rosalie feels that Bella can be saved, and I don't think she's against this idea (Edward would kill her if she were), but I don't think she'd be too upset if Bella died.

It's quite clear he's going to imprint on her.

I think that if she survives it's possible that it could work out this way.

I think they will deliver it with teeth at least partially used, and that Bella will be turned into a vampire so that she can survive it.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Jake is still in love with her and can't bare the thought of not knowing what's going on with her.
For Bella, the only explanation I can think off, is that she wants to spend as much time as possible with her loved ones, since she might die.

2. Do you think Rosalie wants to save Bella or just the baby? Do you feel that Rosalie is sincere that because of Carlisle, they can save Bella?
Yes, she's being sincere. I don't think she wants Bella dead, she just wants the baby.

No clue.

No, she's not being realistic. I thought it was a stupid idea.

I thought that somehow, they would do a cesarean to get the baby out, at the same time poisoning Bella with the vampire venom, so she would make it through it 'alive'.