Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edward#3

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901 -- Team Edwa

Post by VolturiGirl »

I enjoy the books and the movies as much as the next person. I know they have to make changes to the movie, BUT, the one thing (their are actually many things) that bothers me the most is that they never made Bella happy around Edward. Did anyone else noticed in all three movies, Bella only really smiled and laughed in New Moon when she was around Jacob? I can't even count how many times in the book where Bella says and thinks that she is trully happy with Edward. Look at the end of NM when she tells Edward that she wants his family to vote for her to become a vampire so she can be with him forever. I don't remember reading anywhere where Bella wants to be a wherewolf so she can be with Jacob forever.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
sophie-loucullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sophie-loucullen »

Cullenfan wrote:Still a bit annoyed at Edwards reaction to Jacob kissing her in Eclipse - he should have kicked his wolfy butt!!!!
Yes! No matter how gentlemanly Edward is, I don't think he should stand back and let his enemy kiss his girl. Sure, maybe Bella would get mad at the time, but she'd get over it :)

Volturigirl~ I did notice that, it's strange how it's supposed to be showing their love story but they're never shown to be just happy around eachother.
'I want to be a monster,too'
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Exactly Sophielou cullen , I'm all for gentlemanly, but come on!!! The hairy dude just frenched your gf!! :evil:

Volturigirl - I love the way Edwards lopsided grin is described in the book as being Bellas favorite smile, And so many funny little moments between them teasing and playing with each other. They're always happy together, so why are they so miserable in the films!! Your totally right, they only show her happy with jacob, ggrrrr!!

I sound like I hate the films, but I really dont, just dont think they've done the books justice in places. They're lucky I love Rovert Pattison so much as Edward!! :D
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Hello everyone! It feels like it's been forever since I've posted here and I'm sorry for that, but I'm been super busy!
It's nice to see new members here :)! I want to say hello and welcome to Cullen fan & sophie-loucullen :wave: !

I agree with what has been said about Jacob being so immature and there being no real competition for Edward! I wish the movies would've shown how much Bella really loved Edward instead of trying to make the love triangle bigger than it actually was! I love how understanding Edward is, but I hate how in the movies he looks like he is okay with the things Jacob does like the kiss on the mountain! I agree about Bella and Edward not looking very happy together in the movies! The books showed them flirting and being soo happy together, but in the movies things always look so intense! I love the movies dearly, but there is so much more in the books!

That was like a quick version of the reply I could've given to everything that has been said since my last post lol! I wish I could've been more detailed and replied more specifically to everyone, but I'm short on time so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to say that I agree with what is being discussed! :)
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Hi and thanks 21Twilight21 nice to meet more of the Lex members!!

Here's an example, I'm just re reading Twilight so thats why it's so fresh in my mind!

"Is it any good" he asked eyeing my breakfast with a teasing look on his face
"Honestly it doesnt look very appetising"
"Well it's no irritable grizzly..."I murmered

It's these kind of things in the book that I love about Edward & Bella and are funny and lighthearted!

I know they couldnt exactly put every single thing in the film, but just a few laughs and smiles would have been nice. Never mind, I prefer the books anyway!!

Also, I think Edward comes across as alot more possesive in the films because Bella seems colder towards him?
Maybe just my imagination, but it seemed a more even relationship in the books, they loved each other equally, never doubted it. A film is always going to be one persons interpretation I suppose!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

A bit ironic how the same topic is coming up on multiple threads. And, that topic seems to be what a colossal failure Melissa Rosenberg is as an adaptive screenwriter. Rather than taking the rich and strong source material that SM gave her and translating a beautiful relationship from page to screen, MR decided to take what she looked at as a campy teenage book and try to put her mark on it by skewering the characters, lampooning the love story and gutting what we love so much about the books to pander to the mass market. I love the films for what they give us and hate them for what they leave out. I adore Rob & Kristen for their efforts in resurecting characters so dear to me but who are almost unrecognizable at times on screen. I have serious warm fuzzies for each of the directors in turn for taking MR's rambling, destinationless road map of a script and making anything salvageable out of it. But, I've already told my friends with whom I am attending the BD premiere in November that when MR walks the carpet (the way she always does, like she's personally responsible for the success of the franchise, rather than that it succeeded in spite of her), that I will have to physically leave the area lest I be tempted to bash her over the head with the books she so blatantly cast aside in writing the films.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Cullenfan~ Well you are very welcome :D! I love meeting new people who share the same love for Twilight lol!
Yes I absolutely love those teasing and fun moments they shared in the books! They would joke around and talk about all kinds of things and I loved that about their relationship! The movies make it seem like their relationship was always so intense and controlling! I hate the way Bella seems colder to Edward (especially in the Eclipse movie) and it does make him seem controlling! Edward was protective of Bella in the books, but it wasn't possessive like the movies make it seem! I do agree that their love for one another was always equal in the books and in the movies it seems like one person cares for each other more at different moments!

Jazz Girl~ Yes I completely agree with what you said about MR! She knew what the story was about and how it all turned out so she should've been able to translate it into a visual story we would all see, but instead she twisted it around and made it the way she wanted! I would've loved if the movies stayed closer along to the books especially Twilight because I would've loved to see the part when Bella gets sick during the blood typing! Can you imagine Edward showing up to make sure Bella was okay and an angry Mike when Edward takes her :swoon: ? I love the movies, but it would've been so much easier for everyone to understand the whole story if Twilight didn't skip around so much between scenes like it did because it kinda seems like their relationship moved fast without anything really happening between them to show their real love!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

I think I mentioned on another thread that the blood typing scene is my most missed part of the film......though I think everyone agrees on that!!

Such a good chapter, and a really good example of Edwards protective instincts towards Bella, and some great interatcion with Mike. Awwww well, at least it's written so well in the book, I feel like i've seen it!!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I would've LOVED to see the blood typing scene! I swear I would've fainted if they had the cafeteria scene when Bella first sits with Edward :swoon:! Seeing Edward sitting alone at a table and winking at Bella then telling her to sit with him... I loved that part! Those are my favorite scenes and I wish they would've been included!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hey everyone!!

I just can say ditto to what you've all discussed!!

I come letting you know that the MTV Movie Awards first round of voting has started and EC & cast are nominated. (This is just to determine who the nominees will be.) And we need to go vote especially for Edward/Bella as Best Kiss. (The nasty Bella/Jacob kiss is also nominated & I will gag if that one wins!) The other Edward related categories are: Best Fight, Best line from a movie, Best male performance, and best movie. This round of voting only goes until April 5th!!

Go here at MTV to vote!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson