Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Jamie Campbell-Bower as Caius

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

He is gorgeous and has an amazing voice. And in that video, I think his vibe was more "androgynous rockstar". I mean, Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom both wear tons of jewelry, and neither one of them are gay. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just sayin', that's the vibe I got. But he is beautiful enough to play a vampire!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I agree, I imagined the Volturi older. I don't know why. Especially Caius; I imagined Aro and Marcus slightly older than the actors they've cast, and Caius even older than them. I thought he'd be in his 50s or something. Has anyone seen X2? Well, I pictured him like Stryker. :lol:
Saying that, I think that the actors can pull it off. I have faith! I mean, not all of the actors looked like the characters I see in my head, but they did great jobs nonetheless. I definitely think that Jamie can get that creepy, angry, hostile thing down. I thought he was great in Sweeney Todd, and with the difference between Anthony in that and Caius in the Twilight books... Well, Chris Weitz wouldn't have hired him if he hadn't got the talent. I think he's gonna do great, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him. Especially in Breaking Dawn, when his role gets bigger. I'm so excited to see that. :D
As well as that, he seems like he's really grateful, doesn't he? He's just seems like he's really excited and excitable, over Twitter and on those new pictures of them in Vancouver. It's nice to see the cast keeping everyone up to date and seeming really happy with it all.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
britlovesvampires
Settled in Forks

Post by britlovesvampires »

dazzledbyyou wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPLXbH9KTYk
is it just me or does he have a gay vibe in this video. i have nothing against gay's but i'm just sayin. his body language, all the rings, unbuttoned shirt, the necklace.
I'm not saying he is so please dont throw stones at me.
it's kinda funny since there have been people saying they think Aro is gay.
Actually, I don't think he's gay at all. Watch the way he moves his hands, I think he's trying to be like Johnny Depp.

I never really pictured the Volturi as old, I pictured them young (like most other vampires) but with an old soul type feel. And I think Jamie can pull that off, if not, he's still gorgeous.
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:I always took "white hair" as meaning platinum blonde. I never thought the Volturi were old because of the way they were portrayed in the painting in Carlisle's office.
yes. i took 'white hair' as platinum blonde.

i didn't picture him to look this young though, maybe a guy in his older 20s. jamie is really young looking, he looks about the same age as jane & alec IMO, but i think he can pull it off. he's a really cute guy , i can picture it. ;) i have no complaints.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

I have seen Sweeney Todd many times, and Jamie Campbell-Bower's performance as Antony was truly amazing. He is a great actor with a great voice. I do, however, have some conflicting images of the Cauis I have in my head and Jamie (but of course, there is no way to get into everyone's head and find actors who fit exactly to how EVERYONE pictures that character). First of all, I see Cauis as much older than 20s and the age differences between Jamie and the actors portraying Aro and Marcus only add to my mental conflict. I see Cauis, if not the same age, older than Aro and Marcus. Secondly, my Cauis is not really that nice to look at. Jamie is an attractive person. And finally, the thin and wispy voice that I always hear from my mental Cauis is definitely NOT Jamie's (he has a beautiful voice). Otherwise, I believe that (as an actor) Jamie should be able to impress us all over again, even more impressive if he succeeds this time, since Cauis and Antony from Sweeney Todd are quite opposite (actually, Cauis's character reminds me of Judge Turpin :lol: ).
therealmrswhitlock

So you'd rather have Alan Rickman play Caius? HAHAHA just kidding! I think Jamie will do just fine, after all almost all vamps in Stephenie's world are beautiful (I say almost because James is described as "nondescript"--Stephenie says on her website that it's because he was not very attractive as a human) And Jamie is, judging by Sweeney Todd, a decent actor. I don't think Caius should be that difficult a role, he just has to be angry at everything. I think I'll be satisfied, anyway.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

^Ohhhhhhhh, Alan Rickman is my dream Alistair.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
therealmrswhitlock

I agree 1000 percent!! I thought of him immediately when I was reading about Alistair in BD! Glad I'm not the only one.

Hey--if he plays Alistair, then we'd have three HP actors in the Twilight Saga movies (Jamie is playing Grindewald in the last movies)

And now you see how I got back on topic!
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

Alan Rickman would be a pretty cool Alistear!
Gary Oldman had to be Aro, just how I pictured him.
It's sad he isn't. :cry:
That would be so cool...

I love Jamie as Caius, but I do like him as Grindewald too.
He's a good actor. :]
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
therealmrswhitlock

Your banner! That Jasper quote!! That's like one of my favorites out of the entire saga!! I love it!!

And Jamie is amazing--I only wish Caius had occasion to sing because his voice is...OMJ! I love it. I'm going to youtube it right now. :D Later!