What are you reading?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: What are you reading?

Post by cullengirl »

fanMNM wrote:Just finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and I plan tp pick up The Girl Who Played With Fire next. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. It took me a bit to get into the story in the Dragon Tattoo, but it was worth it! Interested in where the story goes from there...
I loved the second book. It's much easier to get into and read since there is only one plotline to follow. I was at the edge of my seat in the last few hundreds of pages. I'm now in a long, waiting list for the third book, which is ok since I have a lot of books to read before then.

Una: Good to hear! I have it on my piles of read soon. It already has a library hold, which is good, because then it forces me to read it quickly. :)

I'm currently reading a graphic novel called The Re-gifter by Mike Carey. It's cute and funny so far.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Water for Elephants by SAra Gruen
Banner by TammyAZ
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Edwards Ragazza: I liked that book. It was an original story. I think they're going to do movie, but not sure.

I'm currently reading Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon. So far so good. I'm already on pg 115 and I started late last night.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Cullen Girl~ I will admit I never heard about it before till I found out Rob was going to be in a new movie that was from a book. when I first read the back I thought I wasn't going to like it I am glad I decided to read. I am 200 pages in and I am enjoying it so far.
Banner by TammyAZ
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

Beach Blondes by Katherine Applegate, it's actuaaly really good, I aslo just finished Uglies, now THAT was good!
ImageImageImage
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I'm actually reading Twilight over. Whenever I feel like I need another dosage I pick one of the four and read it again! =)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

BlueStarEgo wrote:I'm actually reading Twilight over. Whenever I feel like I need another dosage I pick one of the four and read it again! =)
I do that too!
Banner by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

BlueStarEgo wrote:I'm actually reading Twilight over. Whenever I feel like I need another dosage I pick one of the four and read it again! =)
I do that whenever I am feeling down about the inadequacies of the movies. :)

I'm currently reading a fascinating book called The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan, which is styled "a natural history of four meals," by which the author seems to mean that he's going to try to follow the food we eat from its origins all the way to the dinner table. Right now I'm in the middle of a terrific discussion of the central role of corn in our agricultural system and in our diet.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Fantasy Lover - Sherrilyn Kenyon
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I've recently started Cold Granite, by Stuart MacBride. This is another good Tartan Noir novel, set in Aberdeen--a nice change from the Glasgow or Edinburgh locales of almost all Scottish mysteries and thrillers--and centered on a flawed but interesting protagonist, Detective Sergeant Logan McRae.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing