Canadian thread eh?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
loverboyis
Learning to Love Green
Location: Debating on the Oxford Heels vs. the Laced Booties with Alice

Re: Canadian thread eh?

Post by loverboyis »

I'm a Montreal fan my self, but I do really like the Leafs - unfortunately I don't know half of the faces lol, when the camera was rolling across everyone I was like "Who are these people??". Anywhich, my brother is predicting a bad year for them .. it's more of a test run for all the newcomers. But than again they could surprise you like that Toronto/Detroit game x]
Cherry-Cherry Boom-Boom - Mosic
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Loverboyis wrote:
I'm a Montreal fan my self, but I do really like the Leafs - unfortunately I don't know half of the faces lol, when the camera was rolling across everyone I was like "Who are these people??". Anywhich, my brother is predicting a bad year for them .. it's more of a test run for all the newcomers. But than again they could surprise you like that Toronto/Detroit game x]
I was very surprised with this game also, lol.
But then Montreal beat Toronto last night.. hmm, I don't really know what will happen this season. :o
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs wrote:
malaz wrote:
haha, sorry for the rant.
my parents won't allow me to use their credit cards on the internet. and the sites don't allow debit cards. i need to get a VISA on my card. but i am not old enough yet.

my husband actually had this thought, but I thought I'd share with you. There are credit card gift cards available for purchase now (I know Shoppers Drug Mart has them) from Visa (and maybe MasterCard, I haven't done enough research), and are availble in different denominations, just like gift cards. But, they work just like credit cards, with an expiry date and the ability to use them for online purchasing. I know it's a little ways off just yet, but Christmas is coming, and you could always ask for one or two to go towards your Twilight purchases. My husband wants a few to use on the PS3 online store.

I'm also sooo annoyed that Chapters/Coles/Indigo doesn't carry any Twilight merchandise yet aside from the books. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that with the release of the movie, some of it may make its way here. It's times like these I miss working at Chapters and having the inside scoop!
OHMYGOD...thankyou thankyou thankyou SO INCREDIBLY much. i've never knew they had those type of cards. i am definitly saving some money and getting the $100 or $200 one, to last me a while. thanks again :D :D :D
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

malaz wrote: OHMYGOD...thankyou thankyou thankyou SO INCREDIBLY much. i've never knew they had those type of cards. i am definitly saving some money and getting the $100 or $200 one, to last me a while. thanks again :D :D :D

You're very welcome! Hope it works out for you!

I just found this link on the Chapters website, thought my fellow Canadians might be interested!
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/Twilight- ... omonb.html

Turns out Chapters is giving away the chance to see Twilight at an advanced screening on November 18.

Good luck to whoever enters!
ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

Hey, hey my Canadian ppl!

Anyways, I bought a sweater from Lululemon today. Is there a Lululemon in the US too?

haha...that was random!
Image Image Image
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

LOL, random. I love lululemon sweaters, and yeah they have them in the US too. If I could bring one store here from America, it would be Hot Topic. WE NEED HOT TOPIC!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs wrote:I just found this link on the Chapters website, thought my fellow Canadians might be interested!

Turns out Chapters is giving away the chance to see Twilight at an advanced screening on November 18.

BAH...half the country is excluded from this contest. We never get any breaks out East!
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

oleander wrote:
EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs wrote:I just found this link on the Chapters website, thought my fellow Canadians might be interested!

BAH...half the country is excluded from this contest. We never get any breaks out East!

I noticed that, and was shocked that so many provinces were excluded...but at the same time, I was so surprised that something was being done for Canadians at all!
ChanelChic
Settled in Forks

Post by ChanelChic »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:LOL, random. I love lululemon sweaters, and yeah they have them in the US too. If I could bring one store here from America, it would be Hot Topic. WE NEED HOT TOPIC!
YES!! Finally someone who agrees with me! Everyone who I've asked [well people I know] have all said that we don't need another American thing to take away from our country's own uniqueness...whatever... :roll:
Image Image Image
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

ChanelChic wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:LOL, random. I love lululemon sweaters, and yeah they have them in the US too. If I could bring one store here from America, it would be Hot Topic. WE NEED HOT TOPIC!
YES!! Finally someone who agrees with me! Everyone who I've asked [well people I know] have all said that we don't need another American thing to take away from our country's own uniqueness...whatever... :roll:
GAHH! Yes, take all the uniqueness you want, we need Hot Topic!

I'm glad that I live in Ontario, entered the contest :)