Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ilec
Settled in Forks

Re: Special Effects

Post by ilec »

OMGG ; The sparkling effect killed the whole movie D:
I whispered to my friend " is Edward even sparkling ? "
& The noise .. omfg ; the dingling. Dingle dingle dingle ! Really, did it HAVE to be there ? D:

& The only other thing was the running ? ierno .. didn't really cut it for me. It didn't even look like he was running, more like hovering very quickly off the ground.
But the rest was awesome. :)
oPhoenixo
Settled in Forks

Post by oPhoenixo »

I am particularly disgusted with the "NO FANGS"

It isnt the same without Fangs. So I really think there shouldve been - in the snarls.

I know it didnt say anything about fangs in the book but neither was Edward running up a tree. So... if youre gonna change something in the movie from the book I wouldve thought Fangs first LOL

I actually liked the glittering of Edwards body. At least it wasnt Bling Bling stuck all over his body<---I wouldve been disgusted in the movie more if that had happened. So yeah I think the glitter was great

I honestly think something should be done about the flying or something. But im no movie maker so I wouldnt know how it could be done but I think Im sick of seeing flying using invisible ropes......... it makes a movie way more fake than interesting.

The "magic carpet" scene was awesome. I loved that effect of the nomads walking and gliding it was really effective. I also loved the baseball scene (I shall say again) where the cameras did slow shots. Really awesome.

The ballet studio scene (or fight scene) was good. I just didnt like the flying where it made it look fake.

Thats my opinion
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

The effects weren't the best . . . *cough* Edward's sparkling *cough*

The Bad:

The sparkling was just hilarious! The whole cinema errupted with laughter.
The sped up walking, running thing was funny too.

The Good:

The ballet scene faired quite well, at least it had some visably great angles.
The baseball scene was amazing! My favourite by far. They did great on the effects here.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

Yeah, the sparkling definately had me going from :o to :shock: to :evil: to :cry: in ten seconds. He just looked sweaty.

The fast running had me laughing. Like when Robert tried (emphasis on the "tried") to buckle Bella's seatbelt fast, and when he tried to quickly look at the microscope in biology. And when he jumped from rock to rock in slow motion. I laughed. The running was just hilarious. They weren't nearly fast enough, and the swooshing had me perplexed.

The growling? In Port Angeles it took me three or four times to know whether he was supposed to be growling or not. And then in the baseball scene, maybe it didn't help that everyone's crouches were ridiculous, and something I'd expect from my eight year old brother, but I was having hysterics in my seat.

The scenery was gorgeous, that makes up for the horrid special effects a bit.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Maira
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Maira »

If I may:

I liked the sparkling, personally. Reminded me of rock crystal, which was nice since I couldn't picture it myself.
The running. Oh my chickens, the running. *groan* I saw a review that compared the running to Speedy Gonzales: Right on. *handface* I keep seeing it in my mind as just kinda blurry and he appears. Ah well.
Baseball: Only thing I couldn't stop thinking... "Nice pitch, Alice." OMC. :roll: I was, literally, fighting back laughter.
Why did they make Jasper look like Alice was pinching him? *grumble* Didn't get that sense from the book.
What's with anorexic Bella there? I can see how James broke her leg just by stepping on it.
The crouches were silly.
James' coven coming out of the mist was cool. [So was Alice's ripping his head off. *manic giggles*]
Scenery was cool.
The confrontation was... interesting. Leave it at that.
I didn't like that Jacob didn't tell Bella at the beach. It would have made the dinner more interesting. ["I'm on a special diet." *retch* Told you so]
I think there were fangs, kinda. They were more hinted at, but I think they were there.
I would have made the meadow scene a bit more... how should I put it... menacing. I see it that way- like he really is trying to frighten Bella. Hush.
Private Aubrey Tobin in Jasper's Confederate Army.
You have to see this. *freaks*
Beep... Beep... Beep... Maira is going out of order... Bee- back eventually...
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i just about bent over laughing today. My 2 daughters over did it with sparkle body spray today. They looked JUST like Edward in the meadow!!!
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
escapist1901
Settled in Forks

Post by escapist1901 »

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

- Good, James' coven walking into the baseball game, totally loved; Edward stopping the van, the baseball game, the Ballet studio, some of the fast running was alright
- Bad, the sparkle (body shimmer and dingle), some of the fast running was not alright
- Ugly, Edward carrying Bella any time whether it be running, climbing trees, jumping between them, ugh

Heather
"I didn't see that one coming!"
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Uggggggghhhhhh, the sparkling effect was horrible. I liked how they tried to make it not really showy, but just enough to try and show he was different....but COME ON....i kept thinking Captain Planet the entire time. Also, the running effect was ridiculous, but hopefully with a slightly larger budge will come better special effects (*crosses fingers*)
ImageImageImageImage
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

So I've kept on seeing previews for Push a lot recently (also done by Summit) and their special effects look good. And I was just thinking why could Twilight's have been that good? Why oh why???
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

debussygirl wrote:So I've kept on seeing previews for Push a lot recently (also done by Summit) and their special effects look good. And I was just thinking why could Twilight's have been that good? Why oh why???
I'm going to try and give Summit some credit for once.

They probably had a lot better of a budget to make Push, and so the best I can say is now maybe we can hope for some better special effects, since New Moon's budget is higher. Plus, I was thinking about it, and we don't really see Edward sparkle again until Breaking Dawn, so we don't have to worry about seeing the horrid sweat again!

Did you know Hot Topic has an "Edward Cullen body glitter" now? I laughed for like ten minutes. Let's make the cool sparkling fact look girly and retarded!

I wish they could have done Alice or Rosalie or vampire or something to make it so it didn't ruin Edward masculinty some more.

They made the sparkling, which I thought was cool in the book, sound cheesy and dumb.
ImageImageImageImageImage