plus the squillions of books i have thats related
<3 Look after my heart - I've left it with you <3
Click on the egg
fathomless
Settled in Forks

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by fathomless »

Hi everyone!

I am currently doing a Journalism assignment on how pop culture influences Australian Teenage Girls Fashion and was wondering whether others believe that clever product placement of Ray Ban 2140s (As worn by Edward in 'Twilight') and Converse Chuck Taylor's (As worn by Kristen Stewart EVERYWHERE, including the red carpet) have significantly increased sales for these products?

fathomless x
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

fathomless wrote:Hi everyone!

I am currently doing a Journalism assignment on how pop culture influences Australian Teenage Girls Fashion and was wondering whether others believe that clever product placement of Ray Ban 2140s (As worn by Edward in 'Twilight') and Converse Chuck Taylor's (As worn by Kristen Stewart EVERYWHERE, including the red carpet) have significantly increased sales for these products?

fathomless x
Hmmmm, an interesting question, but I'm going to say no. Raybans and Chucks have always been the epitome of "cool". Starting in the 50's, all the cool kids have worn them. I'm well beyond my high school years, and I clambered after Chucks and Ray Bans in my day, as well. And, in fact, still own and wear the ones I had in high school. Certainly Rob and Kristen might have introduced them to a new generation. But, they'll always just be...cool.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Twilight merchandies
I have Twilight and NM in hardback Collector's Edition in Eclipse comes out on May 18 I will be first in line for that :lol: .
I have the first 3 books in the saga in paperback for study guide for debates and discussion since I will only read those and not my collector's edition (they sit on my twishelf).I also have the Twilight movie companion. Dvd both movie in blu ray and Twilight in the borders edition. NM merchandise B&E bookmark . How could I forget I have both soundtracks.
Banner by TammyAZ
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Has anyone bought the Collector's Edition with the watch and bracelet? I saw it at Best Buy and online at Target. Since I have so many already, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buy another copy of the movie for the stuff in the box, but I would like to know what's in there. What does the watch and bracelet look like...they don't even have a picture on the box...Who spends $80 some on something without that information?
I have all books in hardback and the first three in paperback. I also have both soundtracks and scores. I have the cups that I saved from going to the movies for New Moon, with my oldest stepson. He got Kristen and I got Robert. ;) Definitely keeping those. He wants to be a werewolf when he grows up. He thinks they are so cool :roll:
Then I have bought 3 copies of Twilight (Wal-Mart original, Borders, Best Buy two disc) and 4 copies of New Moon (Wal-Mart ultimate fan, Target 3 disc, Borders exclusive and Barnes & Noble exclusive editions. Can't bring myself to buy the 3 disc version of Twilight from Target yet...but I may break down and get it as a reward gift for myself for something. :lol:
Grayce
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

GrayceM wrote:Has anyone bought the Collector's Edition with the watch and bracelet? I saw it at Best Buy and online at Target. Since I have so many already, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to buy another copy of the movie for the stuff in the box, but I would like to know what's in there. What does the watch and bracelet look like...they don't even have a picture on the box...Who spends $80 some on something without that information?
Hi GracyceM here is a linkwhere you can see everything in the box. Honestly if you have the borders edition of Twilight with the pictures. I would say this box for the amount of money isn't worth it. But that is just my opinion.
Banner by TammyAZ
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Jazz Girl wrote:
fathomless wrote:Hi everyone!

fathomless x
Hmmmm, an interesting question, but I'm going to say no. Raybans and Chucks have always been the epitome of "cool". Starting in the 50's, all the cool kids have worn them. I'm well beyond my high school years, and I clambered after Chucks and Ray Bans in my day, as well. And, in fact, still own and wear the ones I had in high school. Certainly Rob and Kristen might have introduced them to a new generation. But, they'll always just be...cool.
I agree there, but the main reason I got mine were Twilight :D I want a special Twilight pair made! Does anyone have a pair that got made?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.