Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Celestial_Topaz
Wandering Through Town

Re: For those who HAVEN'T seen the movie yet....NO SPOILERS

Post by Celestial_Topaz »

I haven't seen the movie yet but I heard it was pretty good. :)
Niinella
Settled in Forks

Post by Niinella »

I'm pretty excited to see the movie, since I've been reading the movie news regularly for a year now.. I live in Finland, so the movie isn't out till.. tomorrow! But I'm not going to see it on the opening night, since I'm afraid the small theatre on our city might get kinda crowded. I'm planning to see it with my friends and my sister, and we thought that we should go to an italian restaurant before the movie! :D
But yeah, I'm really excited and it's the contagious kind of excitement.. Hahaha :D
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

Ooh ooooh! I'm seeing it in 13 days! I'm so excited ^^
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

Fartoholic wrote:No spoilers? Alright. Don't worry, I won't slip out any info like how seventeen-year-old Bella Swan moves to the small town of Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie, after her mother remarries. Or how she quickly befriended by many students at her new high school, where she is intrigued by a mysterious group of siblings known as the Cullens. I also wouldn't think of telling anyone about how Bella sits next to Edward Cullen in Biology class on her first day of school, and he appears to be disgusted by her, much to Bella's confusion, or how a few days later, Bella is nearly hit by a van when Edward suddenly appears and stops the vehicle with his hand. I would definitely count it as a spoiler if anyone told you about how he refuses to explain this act to Bella or Edward warns her against becoming friends with him.
It would be especially annoying if anyone told you that Bella eventually discovers that Edward is a vampire, though he only consumes animal blood, and how the pair fall in love. You might even say that how after Edward introduces Bella to his vampire family, Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie, three nomadic vampires—James, Victoria, and Laurent—arrive and put Bella's life in danger could count as spoilers. Indeed if you discovered how James, a tracker vampire, is intrigued by Edward's protectiveness over a human, and decides to hunt her for sport you would consider it a spoiler. Another part of the movie that you would probably consider a spoiler would be how Edward and his family put their lives at risk to protect Bella, but James lures her into a trap by making her believe he is holding her mother hostage as well as how James attacks and bites Bella, but Edward, along with the rest of the Cullen family, arrives before he can kill her. Another spoiler that I definitely would not let anybody know would be how James is destroyed, and Edward sucks the venom from James's bite out of Bella's arm, preventing her from becoming a vampire herself. It's also important to not let anybody find out about how Bella and Edward attend their prom and Bella expresses her desire to become a vampire, which Edward refuses to let happen. I totally understand how this info is to be kept hidden from those who have not seen the film and I will definitely keep my mouth zipped.
hahaha
TwilightAli
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightAli »

Even though, Twilight already opened in the US, I still haven't seen the movie. I know it's crazy!! I really want to see it soon because I read all the books and I think the movie looks really good too.
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

I've seen the movie now... the cinema was crowed and almost no seat empty ... But the movie in german was not as good as the english one ... Edwards voice was very dark and in one scene he made a strange and funny sound. Bella's voice was to childish in some parts and the translation was so bad sometimes. Some voices were ok like Rosalie's or Carlisle's. The critics in germany are hard and sometimes mean . I really think Catherine and her team did a great job. I don't want to know how MTV's version would have been. :D