Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight Movie~Actors' Performances

Post by mind_over_matter286 »

lilmisstrouble wrote:Yes! Make it 3 days long! Make it a movie festival! I don't care! Bring it! :)
Totally!!!! I'm with you man!!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

And the concession stand will only sell food that reminds you of Twilight! And they'll stop the Twi-Noobs and Posers at the door.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

who_needs_fangs? wrote:And the concession stand will only sell food that reminds you of Twilight! And they'll stop the Twi-Noobs and Posers at the door.
That would be awesome!!! Everyone should get gold contacts and dress up!!! That would like twi-tacular or twi-tastic!!!!lol :lol:
Bailey514
Settled in Forks

Post by Bailey514 »

Okay, to me, all casting choices were dead on. Bella and Edward especially. However there is one glaring standout of miscasting. To me it was Jacob. After reading New Moon now especially, I dont see how Taylor can possibly fill those shoes. I found it interesting in the prom scene when Jacobs pops out of the woods to speak to Bella, she is sitting on a bench and he comes and SITS w/ her. I am betting that Kristen Steward and Taylor are the same height. That was CLEARLY intentional as to hide the fact that Taylor is a short *cute yes* guy, and in the book he dances w/ her, but the book also specially points to the fact he is 6 ft 2, and Taylor looks to be maybe 5 10 on a good day ...I mean, he looks sooo boyish, no matter what kind of muscle he puts on, he is still too short to play that part, I just dont see how a NewMoon movie will fly w/ him as the love interest. They should have recast.
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

I just saw the movie last night and I have to say that everyone was dead-on perfect :] I was pleasantly surprised by the "humans" :D Eric was so awesome ("it's LA PUSH babe, La Push" :D I thought Kristen did really good! The only part I didn't like was when James bites Bella and she was in pain... It wasn't her best performance ;) But other than that everyone fit perfectly and did a great job in my opinion :]

P.S. Ooops! Forgot the evil vampires. Rachelle- AMAZING Victoria, i think hers was the best performance of all. Cam-again great as James, Edi-super Laurent! They were PERFECT!!
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
TwErD--
Settled in Forks

Post by TwErD-- »

I'd say they did quite well with the choices for the actors, apart from a few exceptions.

The first one is Rosalie. I thought she looked more like an Esme, I thought that someone like Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls) would have been perfect. But , yeah, I know, low budget.

The second one is Eric - when did he transform out of his geeky greased hair and his spots?

Thirdly, Jessica - shes supposed to be small with huuuuge curly hair.....!

And finally, the big one - Bella. Kristen Stewart totally disappointed me. To me, she was like a robot, and when she was next to Rob, she made him look obsessive when she just looked bored.

But other then that, i thought the actors were great. Especially Emmett, he was exactly how i imagined him, but hes a bit less muscley then hes supposed to be................but who cares? Haha XD
RAINBOW <33

""Surely I do Imbide in copious herbage, but I dont drink alcohol, I made straight A's, and I have the upmost respect......for ladies...heh yeah!"" ILY Jackson Rathbone! Especially as Snippy, the coolest stoner eveerrr!
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I love the whole cast...

My favorite was Carlisle. Oh man, look at Peter. :lol:

He was definitely a good choice.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

tsvety wrote: :D Eric was so awesome ("it's LA PUSH babe, La Push"
Haha, oh my gosh, that was one of the only added parts I liked. My best friend and I would say, "La push, baby, la push!" Non stop.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
CrazilyObsessed024
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about one thing or another involving Twilight

Post by CrazilyObsessed024 »

TwErD-- wrote:I'd say they did quite well with the choices for the actors, apart from a few exceptions.

The first one is Rosalie. I thought she looked more like an Esme, I thought that someone like Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls) would have been perfect. But , yeah, I know, low budget.

The second one is Eric - when did he transform out of his geeky greased hair and his spots?

Thirdly, Jessica - shes supposed to be small with huuuuge curly hair.....!

And finally, the big one - Bella. Kristen Stewart totally disappointed me. To me, she was like a robot, and when she was next to Rob, she made him look obsessive when she just looked bored.

But other then that, i thought the actors were great. Especially Emmett, he was exactly how i imagined him, but hes a bit less muscley then hes supposed to be................but who cares? Haha XD
I am glad they changed the "human friends" personally. It was for the better, now they are funny and interesting.

Nice job on the Kristen thing. I didn't think about that... It would have made him seem less stalkery and crazy if she had portrayed the intense, overtaking love as well. But either way I think they need some major improvement.

By the way, I love your avatar. God Jackson is such a dork in those pics! Ha ha :lol:
But I love him :D
Not as much as Robert or Cam though ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
mind_over_matter286
Wandering Through Town

edwardlikeshaystacks wrote:
tsvety wrote: :D Eric was so awesome ("it's LA PUSH babe, La Push"
Haha, oh my gosh, that was one of the only added parts I liked. My best friend and I would say, "La push, baby, la push!" Non stop.
Yea seriosly!!! I especially like the part at the end were they go out to the dance floor (outside) and Edwards like
'Look, your dancing'. I was the only one who laughed at that...my friend looked at me like I was crazy.