Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Evasion

Post by rain.on.me »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
Well, I'm still in highschool, but I did have an eighth grade graduation ceremony. I was so nervous and I kept ordering my family that they weren't allowed to look at me when I crossed the stage. I'm really self-conscious, so I didn't like knowing that the whole room would have their eyes on me. Bella didn't really seem to care much about her graduation, but she did have more important things to worry about. Plus, if she got nervous she could just go cuddle up with Eddie-puss...I didn't have anyone like that...

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?
I really wasn't sure at all. I thought it was probably something bad, though.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I figured he did have ulterior motives because it was out of character for him to get mean with Bella. I didn't know what it could be, though.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
I never got 'the talk'. Well, I am only fourteen, so I suppose I still could get it, but I very seriously doubt it. If my parents tried I would just tell them to be quiet and leave me alone :)

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
Hmm...I'm not sure. She didn't even really think about forgiving him, she just did. I would have liked to see Edward trying to beg for her forgiveness, though. That would've been fun... :twisted:
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.I Still in high school.

I thought she saw bella doing something dangerous but i didn't think about it too much.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
Yes, it's not everyday someone just all of a sudden decides to go to florida, i wasn't sure what to think but i was sure it has something to do with bella.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
I never really has the 'talk' with my parents, i guess in a way you could say i gained my information from the tv.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
Yes, i would still have been fuming, but it took her like two seconds.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
I was excited when I graduated.

I wasn't sure.

I did, but I wasn't sure what to think they were. You don't push that hard just to go on a trip to see someone.

I never had "the talk". I had to learn about it on my own.

I think she should have fought harder. Jacob is her friend no matter what Edward thinks.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I feel like we had similar feelings about graduation. I didn't really feel excited or anything about graduation or my prom. I also don't really like when things are made into big deals. The difference between Bella and I are that she had a life changing plans unlike me who was going to have a summer job then going away to college 30 minutes away

I suspected Alice saw something about Victoria, but like Bella I believed Edward when he said it was about Jasper possibly leaving.

I didn't expect any ulterior motives; I really thought he knew Bella missed her mom and he wanted to get to know Renee since they were probably soon to be married.

I don't think I was ever given "the talk." I had matured pretty fast for my age and never really given my parents the idea that I was not being responsible when it came to relationships and so on.

I think so. That is the one problem I have with Edward; he way too protective. To me personally, I think freedom in a relationship is crucial for it to last. I mean I have never been in a "true love" relationship like theirs, but I feel the need to be able to make my own decisions rather than someone making them for me. I think that he treated her like a child who was trying to sneak out at night. Bella kept telling Charlie that she was a legal adult now and he couldn't stop her from doing things; this should also apply to Edward.
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

Im a senior right now, so I have not graduated yet.

I thought that she saw something about Bella and someone comming.

Since Alice had just seen something that day and then Edward says Bella should go and see her mother for the weekend I thought he did have ulterior motvies.

I was never given "the talk". I just learned about that stuff in school.

I think she did. I would of been mad at him if that happend to me. Jacob is her friend and Edward is just to protective of Bella.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's. I was excited for Graduation, but nervous to attend college. I don't think anyone can compare their feelings to Bella's... she was planning to give up her humanity for immortality after her Graduation. Even though this was what she wanted, she knew the Change would be extrememly painful, so how could she not worry about that, as Graduation was mere weeks away?

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? I had no clue what she had seen. I knew it was bad; why else would Edward try to get Bella away from Forks?

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? I figured something was up, and that it had to do with Alice's vision. Edward's motives were just protection of Bella.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk". LOL- I didn't have that "talk" with my parents. I got that at school- embarrassing to say the least.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? Who's to say why she acts the way she does concerning Edward? LOL--- She knows he only has her safety and best interest in mind... it just irritates her that he doesn't have a little more faith in her judgment of Jacob.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

Well I am completly the opposite from Bella on this one. I am more like Alice here. I was looking forward to graduating to get the heck out of the town I grew up in. I threw a huge party too. It was kind of a graduation and going away party rolled into one. It was awesome, tons of people. I am more like Alice when it comes to parties and stuff like that lol.

Well I knew that something bad was coming. Edward kind of tried avoiding Bella too because he knew she was going to ask him about it. I was thinking Alice saw the volturi coming, but alas it was only Victoria lol (come on she's not as bad, well she kinda is with the whole army thing going on, but........ lol)

Oh heck yea lol I KNEW there was an ulterior motive! :mrgreen: The way that he was kind of forcing it on her, and then when she said no, asking Charlie himself. There was something going on, and he wanted to get her out of town. (I figured the werewolf party was helping the issue too though just not the whole reason.)

Thank goodness I never had "the talk" with my dad or my mom. I think if I did I would have died of embarrassment, :lol: I am 23 and moved out now, lol so I don't even have to worry about it anymore lol yay! :mrgreen:

Heck yea she did! That girl is so head over heels about Edward that she can't even stay mad at him for more than 1 minute :shock: :lol: Edward is just being protective, but she LOVES Jake, like a brother. He is her Best Friend. She needs to try a little harder lol. She should have taken Charlie up on his offer. Edwrad still would have stopped her, but atleast she would have been a little more persistant lol. I would have liked to see Edwards reaction to that lol. But I will give her this..... I Sooooooo would have opened the window for him lmao :lol: He is just too tempting not to :mrgreen:
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

I was extremely anxious to graduate, but certainly not excited. I had been done with my classes 3 months before everyone else, so I was pretty-much stuck at home reading and staring at the wall waiting for graduation. Plus, I knew that receiving a piece of paper at graduation wouldn't really "alter my universe." It was pretty useless to worry about something that was so inconsequential to the immediate progression of my life. Getting a diploma is vital in today's society, but it's not a magical event that immediately changes your life when you walk down an aisle and are handed a piece of paper. I guess I am very similar to Bella when it came to my feelings about graduation.

I was right in my assumption. I knew Edward was lying about the vision being about Jasper because he never would have pushed so hard to have Bella out of Forks unless she was in danger. He would have wanted to respect Bella's desires to wait to visit Renee in Florida otherwise.

Yes. I suspected that he was trying to get Bella away from Forks to protect her. I also had this crazy feeling (that turned out to not be true... thank heavens) that Edward would kind of insinuate (or state directly) about him proposing to Bella in order to gauge Renee's reaction.

My "talk" was pretty-much the polar opposite of Charlie and Bella's. My mother is a nurse and explained the basics to me in about 2nd grade. She did stress the remaining abstinent until marriage though. My father was like Charlie though... he would have rather died than give "the talk" to any of my siblings (even the boys). He left that to my mother and health class in school. I'm not sure Charlie would have elaborated a whole lot on the whole sex talk because he was generally mortified at having the discussion in the first place. He knew Bella knew the basics, but I think he definitely would have stressed the idea of "safe sex." If he knew Bella was a virgin, he probably would have stressed the point of "not being pressured" and/or remaining abstinent before marriage.

Uhhh... kind of. I think Bella didn't really have a choice in how quickly she forgave Edward because she loves him so much she just couldn't stay mad at him.
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
_SteF_
Settled in Forks

Post by _SteF_ »

I definitely had the same energy and vibe going on. But a big chunk of the emotions was sadness that such a significant time in your life is coming to an end.

Always something terrible lol...Something coming for bella.

It was fishy but the mystery was held up. i like it being kept unpredictable lol

Thankfully i had the talk at an early age but the reality of it sunk in on its own time lol no embarassing talk for me.. except for when i was expected of doin that lil deed.
No forgivness is a great quality of hers.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was kind of nervous. Time went by so fast. I wasnt actually ready to graduate. To have to go out there and be responsible for my own actions. It was hard to think about. I was also failing up until the day before graduation, so i was really busy trying to raise my grades and stuff.
I cant really be sure. It probably just has something to do with someone coming into town, or just something she knows Bella might do.
I actually just thought that Edward wanted Bella to see her mom and everything. I didnt really think anything of it.
I really never actually had the talk. I would always ask my mom questions, which is what she told me to do, but then she would tell me she would tell me when I was older.
Yes! She needs to let Edward know that Jacob is her friend. That she is going to be safe there, even if Edwards doesn't think she will be. He needs to let her go. I mean he loves her, but won't let her go to see her friend..doesnt make much sense to me.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]