Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Evasion

Post by spiritwolf32 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
My graduation was pretty boring honestly. We didn't have anything to make it fun. We just stood in line to wait till our name was called. Then we flipped the tassel to the other side of the cap and there were a few pictures taken. My upside was the new outfit I got and having my hair fixed for the event.

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?
I think she saw the trouble with Victoria and also that there might be a fight between the vamps and the wolves. It's possible. But I sure didn't believe Edward when he told Bella that it was about Jasper.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
Probably to keep Bella from finding out about the almost fight between the wolves and vamps. But I also think he wanted time with her. Not sure though.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
I didn't get the talk. Not like I should anyway.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
I don't know. Love is blind as I have said so it would be hard to stay mad at him for it. Although I could forgive him without him knowing it so as to let him know he shouldn't do it again. Ya know make him sweat ;)
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.
We weren't worried - we were slacking off and doing what we pleased - we'd all gotten into the schools we wanted to, and were just basically waiting for summer to start. I didn't feel like it was the end of anything, whereas to Bella, it's much more. To Bella it meant goodbye to 18 years of life and family.

I thought she'd seen someone coming for Bella, and that's why Edward was tring to distract Bella from asking questions.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I thought he wanted to get her out of town - only after he was so persistent as to involve Charlie, though. I didn't see it before that.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
I didn't get "the talk" from my parents, so I have nothing to compare it to. I thought Charlie did well, though - he didn't question her knowledge, but basically reminded her to be responsible. I suppose that's further than a lot of parents with teenagers get without a door slammed in their face.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?
No. I think it was amazing that Edward came around like that. He was a man - apologizing and admitting his prejudice and everything. He came totally clean, and that deserves immediate forgiveness. Plus...who could stay mad at him? ;)

Image Image
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I was counting down and looking forward to the next stage of my life! I was excited to start college but scared to leave behind what I knew. I think Bella felt the same, but to a greater extent.

I (forgetting that Alice couldn't see the wolves) thought it was something to do w/ a fight between the Cullens and the wolves.

Absolutely!! Edward wouldn't manipulate Bella like that unless he had a reason!

Oohh... I only remember one Talk with my dad regarding what "it" was like in real life versus the way it was described in some trashy novels he saw me reading :) Oy!

In short... yes. In long (if you will)... it wasn't too quickly for who Bella is and esp who she is in relation to Edward.

Image Image Image
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

I had so much fun in high school that I DID NOT want to graduate hahaha! So yeah...very different fr Bella

I assumed she saw some kinda fight between the Cullens and the werewolves of La Push, I did not think Victoria had come back.

I suspected he wanted her out of possible danger.

My parents are traditional old fashioned Asian parents and NEVER had the talk with me. I had to learn from other ppl.

I don't think she forgave him right away, she grumbled and complained a lot.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's. I was more worried about after similiar to Bella (but of course for different reasons) I was wondering what I am going to do now?

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? I wasn't really sure.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? Nope. I figured he knew Bella missed her mother (I assumed she did) and since he watches her sleep he knew this.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk". I really don't remember getting "the talk". I'm sure I got something.........

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? I would say no. She doesn't want to have a fight or anything with him, they just got back together
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

In New Zealand we don't really 'Graduate', we don't do anything like they do in the US

At first I knew it had something to do with Bella. I wasn't sure if Victoria was involved too. When Edward finally said that Alice's vision was about Jasper, I calmed down a little. But I thought it was strange that Alice/Edward didn't tell her immediately what it was.

I truely thought that he wanted Bella to go see Renee, cause she hasn't seen her in a while. I thought it was quite sweet actually

Never really had one. I've been aware of that subject since I was a kiddy so there was no need for one.

Ofcourse not. He's only looking out for her. And I think she knows that. I just wish she wouldn't be mad with him.
Last edited by Jadey on Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

hahahaha well there is a VAST amount of differences there. When I was graduating high school I was getting ready to go away to school, and the only thing I really had to worry about was what to take with me. However, Bella and I were worried about how leaving would effect our families. Bella was not going off to college, she was getting married and being turned into a vampire.

I figured it wasn't something good or she would have told Bella. I didn't have any idea outside of that though, I thought it was really strange though.

I for sure thought Edward had ulterior motives. I figured it had something to do with Jake, and wanting to keep Bella away from him.

Well, this will be short because my parents never gave me "the talk" lol. Although, I imagine it would have been just as awkward as it was with Charlie and Bella. I also have to give Charlie credit for trying to have that talk with his daughter, I don't think most dads attempt that with their daughters.

No, she loves him and she can't stay mad at him. I'm the same way, why fight over stupid things. I mean he needs to relax, but she does not have to listen to him if hes going to stop her from seeing her friend. She really just got him back so I don't blame her for forgiving him for that so quickly.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I was very nervous like Bella was, but I was also ready to get it out of the way. I was so ready for the future and everything that was ahead.

I thought she saw Victoria coming back.

I was right on about him wanting her out of forks and I did think it was odd he brought it up the way he did, but in the same sense he covered it up very well.

I just laughed, my mom never gave me the 'talk'. Everything I know is from school, friends, and tv.

Yes, but it is hard not to forgive the one we love so much.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Here in Norway graduation is not a big deal. We had a goodbye dinner in my class, and that was it. But I remember feeling excited and free, and at the same time a little anxious. But that is nothing compared to what Bella is going through. She is giving up mortality, but at the same time she would be gaining forever with Edward.

I thought that she saw some sort of danger coming for Bella and the Cullens. Maybe Victoria.

Not at first, but I suspected it when he was so eager, and he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Luckily, I didn't have one.

No I don' think so. She never could stay mad at Edward, and especially now that she has just gotten him back. And I think that she probably understood to an extent where Edward was coming from. And..really..Who wouldn't forgive Edward...I thought it was so funny how she slammed her window and then opened it as wide as possible.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

I was thankful it was all over. I hated high school. I can't compare it to Bella's tho as I wasn't about to become a vampire. I also didn't have finals because I went to vocational school. I had to prepare my portfolio which was done way before it was due.

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen? Another attempt from Victoria.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were? yes to keep her safe. I'm suprised Bella didn't figure it out. I'm so glad that in by the middle of the book she had stopped be so oblivious. I suppose Edward can have that effect on a girl tho.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk". I was much younger and it was my mom not my dad. SO glad that my parents never divorced so I didn't have to worry about my dad ever having to talk to me about it. I'm sure he is to

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob? NO I would have done the same exact thing. I even thought open it back up before I read that she had.