Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by Alphie »

Thanks to Be My Escape for the following questions!

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Imrpint

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

"Yikes! I wouldn't want it to happen to me," is sort of my initial impression. But when I get to thinking about it, wouldn't it make your relationship with your significant other so much easier if you had this sort of thing? It's basically as close to a guarentee of marital happiness as it gets.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

I think I was already pretty compassionate towards the werewolves.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

I dont' know that it was wrong, per se. It certainly was uncalled for and unkind, but Jacob doesn't really know the whole story, so it's hard to blame him.

4. Do Bella’s actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

YES!! I wanted to slap Bella a lot of the time. Bella's lack of self awareness causes both her and Jake a lot of pain. And Edward too, though not specifically in this chapter.
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

I think it's kinda weird.... especially Quil and Claire... a 2 year old?!
Now there's Jake and Renesmee

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?

I'm not much of a dog person... no offense

I thought it was mean... but it showed Edward what he did and that his actions were pointless

I wanted to slap Bella. she should have put her foot down. Part of it was Jake's fault because he is so pushy

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

Like Edward said, it's like a soap opera, I wouldn't want to be in a mental connection like that. The only good part would be sharing plans on an attack without the enemy knowing
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

It's an odd way to find your mate, but it would be nice to have that decision made and out of the way with no questions. I didn't know imprinting actually happened, but after doing a little research, I found out it happens with certain birds and whatnot.

I never felt ill will towards the wolves, in general, and I thought Sam's story about Emily was sad, and that it would have SUCKED to be the only one turning into a massive wolf with no one to help you understand what was happening.

That was mean and uncalled for, because Edward already harbored so much self-guilt, it was unreal. Boo, Jacob.

Yes. Ugh! I wanted to smack Bella every time she was around Jacob because she seemed to be leading him on.

It lets them know what the real issues are and what's really going on, and creates a closeness between the members of the pack.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

I don't really feel one way or another about it.

2. Does Sam’s story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I do feel for him. It can't be an easy thing to deal with but he does..

Meh. I like that it adds a bit more flair to the story.

Yes it does. She should know better!! It gives Jacob false hope.

Obviously it can help in a fight but there are some thoughts that a person would rather keep to themselves and having everyone know about it can be a burden.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

I'm kinda iffy about it. The cons are that there is no choice. It would suck if you were like Sam, and had to break up with someone you loved after imprinting on someone. BUT the pros of it are that you can find someone you are truly compatible with. Being able to find your soul mate is pretty amazing.

The story really didn't make me feel any more differently about the wolves than before (I was pretty neutral about them). It did make me feel really bad for Sam and Leah, though.

It was a childish thing to do, but I guess I understand why he did it.

AARRRGGGHHHH! Like pretty much everyone else in this thread, I wanted to slap Bella too! I don't believe how she couldn't see that she was hurting both Jacob and Edward by doing it.

Obviously, it sucks because all their secrets were revealed to one another, but this allowed them to become closer to each other, just like la_tua_cantante said.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I am in the middle about it. Sometimes it seems wrong, mainly when small children are imprinted on. But then if you can't get a date or something, it can be useful.

2. I don't change my view.

3. Yes. It seemed a very bit immature to me.

4. It upset me. Just pick one already Bella!!

5. I would hate it, personally. But it must be useful when you are lost or need help.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I don't think it was wrong or right. It was Edward who left her....but he didn't need to see it over again. I'm sure he saw and felt like crud when he thought she had killed herself.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

not so sure, this seems a bit out there...the concept is nice, soul mates - I was thinking Jacob would say something to Bella and he wanted to imprint her - not that he could be you KWIM

I wasn't a fan of Sam before - a better insight I have now - i do feel for them, i suppose they seem to like to fight a little more then they should, so I am still not sold on them ;)

well...Jacob did put her back to gether so to speak...and she forgave edward really fast!! (not that I wouldn't have) but that had to hurt him, so I think he was justified in some way!! not that I agree!

I think she had always told him they were just friends and that is how it would be forever..and he said that he understood and it was ok - she didn't let him go to far and tried to keep it friendly!

I, personally, would hate that - not that I have a lot of secrets - but the personal ones, not really anyone elses business!! i can see the benefits in a hunt though!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I'm okay with imprinting because we reading fiction.

I understand the wolves betteer but I'm not sure that I am more compassionate. Time will tell.

No way. I'm glad he did. I think it's really fair for Edward to know what he did to bell by leaving.

not from her POV

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones
It will be interesting
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!