Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Switzerland

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? At this point I don't think he has any reason to be jealous he really believes that the wolves are dangerous

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? I really think it's guilt. She has this martyr problem & she believes that he is hurting because of her & she wants to try and right that.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? I'm not sure...... um maybe because she probably expected it

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? Probably

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? No, I thought it was sweet and kind of him to think of that. He just wants Bella to be comfortable and to feel like she's at home (and any excuse to spend $ on her is great by him!)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

There may be some degree of jealousy -- I mean, Edward says his mind has the ability to process many more thoughts and feelings than a human mind does -- but I think the main reason is his concern for Bella's safety.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

Bella cares about Jacob as a friend and knows that he's hurting. As is her way, she thinks of everyone else before she thinks of herself so she wants to make sure he is ok. Maybe subconsciously there is something more but at this point Bella's head is too full of Edward to be aware of it.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

Alice is on Edward's side, 100%. She was the first one to tell Bella that she shouldn't hang out w/ the wolves and doesn't think that Bella is justified.

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car?

Nope!

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why?

Yes, but I don't think Bella was angry about the bed itself -- just what it represents. They planned this "hostage situation" far enough ahead of time to buy furniture for it. Ugh!

Image Image Image
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous?

He is jealous, even if he does not know about it. He can sense a deep friendship between Bella and Jacob, and deep inside he knew he caused that to happen. Still, it irks him a lot.

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more?

Bella does not know it yet but she is a little bit in love with Jacob. Also she can't forget all the times he made her smile when her life fell apart.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage?

Alice is a very happy positive person. There is not much that can bring her down, even Bella's whiny ways.

OH YEAH I WOULD!

No I wouldn't. Since I was being kidnapped anyway, I might as well be comfortable.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Bit of both. The wolves are unpredictable, and having the one you love run off to go see another guy, would piss you off.

Both (can't understand why she'd feel guilty though). She does love him but I think she's covering it up with the guilt thing. If she found out then that she was in love with him then she'd be in trouble, and she'd make Edward feel worse than he already does about this situation.

She probably thinks its funny - and she would've seen it coming.

Yup!

No, I would think it's cute. I feel bad for Edward because Bella is so damn against everything.
He wanted her to have a nice place to sleep but she has a hissy fit.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I think it's a little of both. He is concerned about the wolves because they are his enemy and they are young. He knows that any one of the wolves could lose their temper and phase too close to Bella and hurt her. However, he is jealous too. Edward has seen in Jakes mind and has heard from Bella that she and Jake are close. Jake can be close to Bella in ways that Edward can't and that makes him jealous.

Jake was there for Bella when she needed someone the most and through that they became very close. So I think she does feel guilty for not being around more because Jake needs her.

Alice is a pretty upbeat person most of the time so I'm sure that has something to do with it. She also knows that Bella does not like being the center of attention or being overly protected, and Alice probably saw Bella's unhappyness coming lol. She is well prepared for Bella's reaction.

haha Yes, I think I would. Bella and Alice are friends so they get along, and at most times they enjoy hanging out. So if someone gave me a car to keep my friend safe and have a good time, then yes I would do it in a heart beat.

No, I don't think I would be angry. Edward getting a bed would make it seem like I would be spending more time there. That would make me happy because I would know he wanted to spend more time with me.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I beleive it is b/c of concern mainly, but I do think there is just a tad bit of jealous.

No I don't really think it is guilt. She honestly cares about his as a friend.

B/C Edward payed her off and b/c she is concerned about Bella's safety as well.

Yes, otherwise Edward would probably kill her lol...especially if anything ever happened to Bella. Also, Edward would probably do the same for her in return.

This part was so funny.It was a unique touch to the book. I guess I can understand that she was mad b/c it seems he tries to buy things for everyone to make-up for being 'mean' or to pay them off in Alice's case.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think that he is a little jealous, but I don't think that is his main concern. Most of it is for safety reasons.

It is some guilt. But it is also the fact that Jabob is practically family to Bella, and she cares about him and wants to be there for him.

I think it takes a lot to bring Alice's spirit down. The girl is just so positive and happy. And of course, Bella's reaction was totally as expected.

Yes, I would. But I don't think Alice did it just for the car. She is very close to Edward, and would want to help him.

Not at all. I thought it was sweet that he wanted her to be as comfortable as possible, and the he is constantly aware of her human needs. And I would sleep in the bed even if I was angry over being held hostage. And, the bed was not un-necessary, she might spend many nights there even when she's not kidnapped.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Do you think Edward is really jealous or is he just concerned that the wolves are dangerous? Both

2. Why do you think Bella is so insistent on seeing Jacob? Is it guilt or could it be something more? She feels guilty of leaving him hanging like that. They were best friends he helped her through a really tough time that should not change because her boyfriend came back.

3. Why do you think Alice is not bothered by Bella’s outrage at being held hostage? They are friends for one and she knows Bella's not really mad at her. Two she thinks she's safer away from the wolves. Anything she can't see can not be safe!!

4. If you were Alice, would you have done what she did in exchange for the car? For that car OH YEAH

5. If you were Bella, would you be angry about the bed? Why? No she was being childish. It was very thoughtful of him really. Even though he was keeping her hostage.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

A little bit of both

He's her best friend he fixed her when she was broken.

She's Alice who knows what she thinks

Ummm....maybe

Yeah, cause Edwards made it clear it's gonna be for nothing but sleep ;)
**Kathryn**
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Both. But not so much jealousy because he should know how much Bella loves him. The werewolves are dangerous. Because he knows what losing Bella is like, now he's more protective of her.

I honestly don't get it. Jacob annoys me. Until I read Breaking Dawn, I hated him. I just wanted Bella to leave him alone and let him get on with his life. It just made everything more difficult later. She did feel guilty, and Jake works that to his advantage. They are friends though, and she feels like she has to comfort him because he's all depressed. It is something more too, grawr, I really wish it wasn't. She's in denial about that part, though.

Alice is having too much fun with her sleepover to care if Bella is annoyed or not. I'm sure she expected Bella to act that way, Bella is very predictable. And, like she says, the werewolves are dangerous, and Bella doesn't understand that.

I love sleepovers, and I can be like Alice, so yeah, probably. Plus that car is awesome.

Not really. It doesn't make sense how Bella doesn't let Edward give her stuff. I wouldn't want loads of gifts either, but he has lots of money and wants to buy her presents.....what's the big deal? I think I would just laugh at the bed and roll my eyes. I'd probably would sleep on the bed, although I have a futon in my room, and I sleep on it occasionally and it's pretty comfortable...
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa