Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Target

Post by debussygirl »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was? The Volturi

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not? Yes, he was too harsh but I can understand that he was under stress and freaking out.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together? It makes sense since they both love Bella.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation? It would be weird.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LoveTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
I thought it was the Volturi. They seemed most likely to sneak in... I was more confused about what they had taken her stuff for if they'd already tracked her. Then I realised it was Victoria :roll:

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Of course he was too harsh. Like Alice says in NM, they all rely on her foresight way too much. You'd think they'd have learnt by now not to rely on it so much! His harshness was understandable though, he goes crazy when Bella's in danger.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I think it's great. I think Edward is so nice about working with Jake genuinely out of his love for Bella but I think Jake does it more to try and get one up on the "Bloodsuckers" and to keep face, if that makes sense. He wants to try and look better than Edward, even though Edward has the whole selfless thing down ;)

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
I'd be as happy and proud as I could be considering how terrified I would be at that moment in time, you know, seeing as she just found out someone trying to kill her was in her room LOL :D
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I didn't have a clue. I did however realize it had something to do with Bella's missing stuff.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Yeah, of course he was worried about Bella, but he shouldn't have blamed Alice.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
Kind of touching how their love for Bella is strong enough to make them work together although they hate each other so much.

Awkward. :lol:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

- I immediately thought of Victoria!

- Not at all. He loves Bella so much & if that means hurting someone in the process...well, I'm sure he will do it.

- I think it was great at this point, but I wouldn't have minded Edward kicking Jake's butt! :p

- I would have been feeling a little awkward, but at the same time be thinking, "FINALLY!!"
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

I figured it was someone from the Volturi.

No, he loves Bella so much and is so worried about her...but it is unfair of him to get mad at Alice given all the other things he is asking her to watch. As Alice says, something was bound to slip through the cracks.

I was shocked. Edward seemed to change his tune pretty abruptly!

Confused, as was I. But I also liked Edward even more for his acceptance of their friendship. I also loved when he puts his scent in her hair...made me laugh out loud.
dawn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dawn »

I thought of the vampire in Seattle right away, but I thought it was more because he/she was curious. I didn't think about Victoria at all.

Yes and No. Yes because its not her fault she didn't see - if she could have, she would have wanted to see that. No because he's only 'human' (baha) and he's just worried about Bella.

I think its really great and mature of them to agree to work together. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

I would actually feel embarassed that these two guys were both so in love with me that they would put their hatred aside to protect me. Then, I'd feel helpless for not being able to properly help myself and want to become a vampire even more.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I knew it wasn't the Volturi or Victoria but I knew that Victoria had something to do with it. I figured she learned from all her mistakes and after she noticed that the Cullens were back; she realized she needed some help. She wouldn't risk herself so she had to get someone else to do her dirty work to see what her limits were. I didn't think it would have been a newborn though, at the time.

Yeah! He was just probably just frustrated about everything, (because they seem to be a step behind)but she can only do so much at one time. Luckily he apologized.

I thought 'It's about freakin time' I was waiting on that to happen. It was almost as if I wanted to reach through the book and smack them then shouting 'Work together, idiots, duhhh!'

Since it is Bella, I would have just been glad that they were making an effort since she doesn't want to have to choose between them anymore. It would be better on her. Now if she thought like I did then I would have said what I did above. 'It's about freakin time'
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

I thought it would be someone related to either Victoria or the Volturi, the 2 entities that Bella had to worry about.

Yes I think he was a bit harsh. Alice's gift is not a complete science, but at the same time, he was just unleashing his worry and stress on her, but at least he apologized.

When it comes to Bella, it's obvious they both love her enough to set aside their differences for a time being.

I would feel flattered that they cared and worried so much about me.
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Hmm...I'm not sure I knew. I would have suspected Victoria until Edward said he didn't recognize the scent. A Volturi guardsman?

Yep. We've heard Alice say before that her visions are not perfect. And we saw in Twilight the way Bella could circumvent them. Anyone who understands the way the visions work could figure out a way to get around them. At the same time, though, you can't blame Edward TOO much for being so upset if he thought Bella was in danger.

It really showed how what is most important to both of them (Bella) can motivate both to get beyond their own prejudices and hatreds. Maybe even a little more scared than I was before because of the significance the conversation places on the visitor

Confused, and probably mildly irritated that it took something so potentially catastrophic to get them to be even civil to each other.

Image Image Image
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was? I fugured it was no one good obviously but I wasn't sure.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not? Yes he was. She can't see everything

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob’s conversation and their sudden willingness to work together? I was surprised they suddenly were willing to do that.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation? I'd be happy but probably a little confused
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson