Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Scent

Post by futurevampire »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?
At first, I thought he just had trouble with the word "werewolf." Later, I realized, he just choked and almost told her how many of them there were. He was probably forbidden to tell her and had to think about how many of them she knew about for a second.
2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?
I was very...suspicious...
3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?
He doesn't want to leave her. As always. And he's worried that her judgment isn't always very safe.
4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?
*eyeroll* Edward's just like, "She's mine." And then Jacob tries to do it back. It's really annoying. They are both very territorial. And immature.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

1. Jacob says “C’mon you think someone is going to get past all – all six of us?” Do you think his pause has to do with using the word werewolves as Bella suspects or do you think it has to do with the fact that Jacob has already been forbidden to reveal that the number of werewolves have been growing?
I think it was just because he wasn't allowed to reveal the numbers of his pack.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob
He did it because he realized that it would only drive a wedge between them, and because if he kept forbidding her to go to Jacob, she would get hurt trying to sneak away to him.

3. What was it that Bella caught a fleeting glimpse of in Edward’s eyes as he left on page 237?
He was propably just worrying again.

4. What do you think of Edward and Jacob taking turns provoking each other by marking Bella with their scents and accentuating their relationships with her in front of each other?
it was funny but immature of course. And I really disliked Jacob doing it, because he didn't have the right. Bella belongs to Edward.

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

Well,.. there is no way of knowing that the pack is growing.. or rather, you wouldn't think it would of been something Jacob would hide from Bella since she knows everything already. So I thought it was because he had trouble saying werewolf.

2. What did you think of Edward’s new found acceptance of Bella’s judgment when it comes to her friendship with Jacob?
He has turned a new leaf. He probably figured that if he kept going to extremes to prevent her from going there, she'd just get more sneaky and get hurt in the process. When someone tells you not to do something it just makes you want to do it more.

He was probably hearing something in Jacobs voice that he didn't like.. and maybe also because he really is worried about Bella and not being able to have Alice see her while she's with Jacob. It hurts Edward just as much as Bella to leave her.

ahha.. I thought it was hilarious.. they're provoking each other.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

At the time, I felt it was off. He wouldn't feel strange about using the word werewolves, he's used it before. So, I felt something was off, but didn't have a clue what. I did suspect it had to do with an order he got though.

I felt it was sudden. Why now? Why not trust Bella's judgment from the beginning?

He's worried about knowing that he can't know her future now for some time, since she'll be with Jacob. He can't keep an eye on her in any way at all, which worries him.

I thought it was funny, but I also thought Jake was being annoying.
wolf-girl0221
Settled in Forks

Post by wolf-girl0221 »

I think it was because Sam told him not to reveal the number of wolves in the pack. Despite the treaty, Sam likes his secrets I think. Anything that could give them the upper hand if things turned bad between the wolves and the Cullens.

He's said he didn't want to drive a wedge between them over the whole werewolves-as-friends thing. His acceptance was more out of his love for Bella than actually trusting the werewolves.

At first I thought it was concern. Then I read further and kind of danced in my chair right in the office. Yes, I still get excited despite the fact that I've read these books at least 10 times.

I think it was a little childish actually. Then again, guys are very territorial. So I guess in all fairness it was just a guy thing.
I'll be waiting for you until yourheart stops beating. And maybe even after that.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

The fact that he was forbidden not to say anything.

Odd, but I was glad. I was getting annoyed with how he would constantly try to prevent Bella from seeing Jacob.

Probably just concern.

Pretty typical for men. Haha.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

At the time I thought it was just about the word werewolf. By the end of the book I believed it was because he was hiding their numbers at Sam's command.

I think he is backing off to try and let her make her own decisions. He wants her to be happy.

It was panic. He's worried that she'll leave him for Jacob.

What can I say? Teenage boys and testosterone!