Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 16 ~ Epoch

Post by Alphie »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
MissV327
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 16 ~ Epoch

Post by MissV327 »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?

I was a little surprised. I didn't put the two together exactly, but I knew that the two incidents were related somehow. I thought maybe Victoria had made a deal with some other rogue vampires that had special powers - kind of like the Cullens do. That was my initial prediction.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?

I thought it was kind of immature. Jessica barely speaks to Bella AND she makes fun of her, talks about her behind her back, etc. Just because it's graduation doesn't mean everyone is all happy-happy now. Bella handled it with dignity and grace, but I thought it was very "fake" behavior on Jessica's part. She makes me think of what is called a 'fairweather' friend.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?

I don't think that Bella would have been more excited - even if she wasn't in danger. She doesn't seem to get into the celebration type of mood for anything. She doesn't like to be around a lot of people in big groups. She is more of a loner to me. I think that at this point in her life "ending her human life" is all she can think about. That is her all consuming train of thought.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?

I think she was just trying to be nice to her dad. I don't think he is necessarily the 'best' dad - but he does honestly care about his daughter's well-being and he does the best that he can. Besides, giving her monetary or material things is not as important as being emotionally supportive,etc.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I wasn't surprised, Bella is always in some sort of bundle.

2. Well, they in general aren't perfect friends. Then, mature Bella, doesn't act like Jessica.

3. She would be worried, but still would manage some enjoyment in it.

4. For her, it would be hard for her to lie like that. I think she was being truthful.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Absolutely not. I was waiting for Edward, Alice or Bella to realize it from the time they realized a vampire had stolen items from her room.

Jessica was a terrible, shallow friend. I wasn't surprised.

Nah, she would still have thought about her being changed into a vampire more than graduating. The newborn issue was definitely important enough to be at the forefront of her mind, though.

I think she was being honest, because Charlie is the only real example of a parent she's personally had, aside from Carlisle and Esme. He really had been a fantastic father: thoughtful, caring and protective.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

I don't think I would have ever have really figured it out! I thought maybe there was some connection but I didn't know what it could be. I didn't realize the connection until Bella figured it out.

I probably would have been nice to her as well. I think that Jessica just got caught up in the excitement of graduation. It's pretty much ones of the last times that Bella will ever have to deal with her again so she may as well grin and bear it. It's not like they were ever especially close to begin with.

She may have been just a tiny bit more excited but I think that she still had the whole "turning into a vampire" situation to deal with and that would be more prominent on her mind than anything.

Very honest. Just because he can't give her tangible things doesn't mean that he wasn't a great dad in other ways. He had been very lenient with Bella, he was pretty much always there when she needed him...sounds like a great dad to me.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?Not all all. I knew from the beginning that the newborns were connected to her. I knew one of them stole her scent for Victoria. The book is all about Bella and her danger attraction. It was an easy assumption.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted? Jessica is so pathetic. I remember girls like that back in HS. Get a grip. I would have probably left it alone too. Who cares?

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life? Maybe a little happier, but she would be nervous about what graduation really meant.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation? Yes, because if Charlie had been more doting, or observant...she could never have had the same relationship with Edward, Jacob or the Cullens.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

It wasn't at all surprising when she made the connection, but I can't claim to have consciously made the connection either. It was more as soon as she figured it out, I went, "Oh yeah, duh. Why'd it take them so long?" :lol:

Jess is ridiculous. Always has been, probably always will be. Bella handled it well by not handling it at all. That's what is to be done about fake friendships. Nothing. Both of them knew there wasn't anything real about it. So they smiled and laughed while knowing it was meaningless, in their heads.

No and yes. Bella wouldn't have been excited about the actual graduation, but she would have been anticipating what came after the graduation, the transformation.

Completely honest. Bella genuinely loves Charlie and she knows he has put up with sooooo much of her crap. She completely meant it and believes that Charlie had been the best father he possibly could have been.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
*FANPIRE*
Settled in Forks

Post by *FANPIRE* »

Not related to the questions; Has SM said anything about what music Alice is talking about on page 366 at the Grad Party? Alice asked Edward, "I need your advice. Should we give them the familiar and comforting? Or educate their taste in music?" I'm just really curious.

Thanks *FANPIRE* [Bek] :D
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I think Bella was being completley honest. Charlie was the best dad, for HER.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I thought the thief was something with victoria, but when it wasn't her sent...and they left charlie alive, I wasn't sure...Im glad although she is scared, I think she feels like she is somewhat helping...

Yes I would have reacted the same way - Jess hasn't talked to Bella in a while! Girls tend to be like that though! I think Jess was serious that she was sad to not see Bella, although the keeping in touch was more just to say in though! just the nice thing to say.

Bella doesn't big ta da's - i don't think she would have really liked graduation no matter what!

I think she was honest, she knows how he feels about her!! He was good for her, and she realizes that!