Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 18 ~ Instruction

Post by Alphie »

Many thanks to LizaCullenAZ for the help!

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
DistractedbyDazzle
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 18 ~ Instruction

Post by DistractedbyDazzle »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?

~~I think Bella is scared out of her mind and, therefore, to her they're reasonable. However, no way Jacob is in danger! come on, it's Jacob!

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?

~~That was an interesting twist. I had no idea who they were -- potential characters never introduced?

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?

~~The adreneline rush of fighting against the newborns. J&E's cooperation is fueled by their love for Bella.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?

~~I'd love to see that on film!

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?

~~Initially I was concerned. However, in hindsight, there's such a strong bond between them that her reaction seems very natural.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

Yes. She had never seen the wolves fight. She has seen vampires fight and knows how they move, their strength and venom. She is friends with the wolves. She knows they are human still. I understand her fear.

I figured Seth back at the bonfire. I knew they was something up with Leah.. I was debating the possibility that she could be one. But I wasn't completely sure.

They have a common enemy. That whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They weren't going to be friends for long just long enough to ensure the safety of their families and towns. Edward and Jake can get along and will do anything to keep Bella safe. It makes sense they would work together now!

He was showing them and the wolves how to fight and what to expect. I like how he used his family's different strengths to show the different styles that could be used. I like how he showed Bella that Alice would be safe. It seemed like this was fun for them.

He seems more playful as a wolf. Which reminds her of the old Jacob. SHe had seen him as a wolf before, so she knew what to expect. I knew she would still like him... it just makes it more real that he is a werewolf.
ImageImage
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I think she needed to let it go, because there would have been no way that the Cullen's could have won against so many newborns, but that the fears were reasonable.

I had no idea.

I thought they did really well. I was pretty excited when that whole scene came around. I was glad Jacob and Edward worked together, but wondered how long it could last with Jacob's inane ability to lose his temper.

GAH I WANT A BOOK ABOUT JASPER. I still think that to this day. Sigh.

Not surprised. If he's not human, it makes it easier for her to seperate her feelings.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Yes. Granted, she knows that they're werewolves which are super strong and super fast but more than that, they are part of Bella's family. She doesn't want any of them to get injured over her. But that's just Bella's nature. She is always going to fear for the safety of the people she loves.

I imagined that Seth Clearwater would probably be one but more than that, just local boys of La Push. We really haven't introduced to many others.

They're all "itching" for a fight, on both sides and they are united in their desire to protect Bella so I think the alliance will work just fine. The same for Edward and Jake - they may both be fighting for Bella but her safety comes first and they both realize that. They'll do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

Jasper knows his stuff! It was interesting because I can imagine what it looks like in my head as I read, but I just kept thinking this would be neat to see on camera!

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?[/quote]
I'm not really surprised, no. Bella does love Jacob, despite him being rude sometimes, and it isn't going to matter to Bella what he looks like, or what form he takes. He's just Jacob to her.
kristakamikaze
Settled in Forks

Post by kristakamikaze »

Yes, and No.

I figured it was Henry's kids.

I think stuff will work, atleast I HOPE

I was amazed. It sounded like fun xD

I thought it was cute!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Yes. They aren't immortal, so it is easier for them to get hurt or killed.

2. Just others from the reservation.

3. I think it was easy for them to work together for the safety of the area. I thought Jacob and Edward's cooperation was mostly an act for Bella.

4. I thought it was cool. You got to see how they really move and fight.

5. It was normal. He was still Jacob.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i thought at first that she wuld just treat him normal-like he was jake. nothing different.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Yes, she wouldn't want them to get hurt and she does not want to hurt or loose Jacob anymore.

Not really, probably some of the La Push boys, thats all.

I think they would figure out the weakest enemy and the strongest, then figure who hits who.

Scary....

I was gonna hope that she would scream or something. (this is not our Bella , fortunately).
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I think she is a bit out there, but yes!! she loves him even as a friend and you gotta be worried, even if he is a super strong wolf!

I figured Harry's son, just not his daughter!!!

I knew they would work something out, they both really wanted to same thing! and as far as Jacob/Edward - they may despise one another, BUT they both are super protective of Bella and that they will always agree on, for now anyway!

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings? maybe a little too much information - but I think maybe necessary!! if the wolves get hurt, Bella would feel bad and it would trickle outward...so i think they truely are trying to help!

no, she is fine with it...she has said that over and over- so i think her reaction was just as I would excpected! they weren't fighting, he was "just jacob"