Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Chapter 18 ~ Instruction

Post by spookybell »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
Sure, sure

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
No idea... except all through the books, I really expected Billy Black to become a werewolf.

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
I thought they'd manage. It would be challanging. I love that the boys cooperated for Bella's safety! I looked forward to every part of this. I just loved every moment.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
Honestly, every time we get any bit of Jaspers envolvment, I like him as a character more. I really feel like he is a wall flower. I don't get how everyone loves Jasper so much. It's just recently I've understood and cared about him. Before that I just loved saying and reading the word Jasper.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
Bella has already seen Jacob in his wolf form, so I would not her to react any differently. Bella does not get all that shook up by differances in people. I only think Bella was surprised to see Jacob half nakid because he had a good body and she wasn't used to seeing it.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
No, but that's bella for you overreacting about every little thing.

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
Leah and Seth, cause why else would they have been at the bonfire.

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
Mmm, i don't know about this one, i was pretty sure one of them would have ended up in an accident by the end of it.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
Wow, Jasper taking the lead.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
Well the last time she saw him in wolf form was when he was trying to rip paul's head off so i was surprised she wasn't scared.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

No.

I figured Seth was one of them. Wasn't too sure who the others were.

I thought after Sam showed up and was calm that it would be ok.

COOL!

I knew what it would be. She's already seen him in wolf form twice before.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Yeah.

I didn't really have any guesses. Theres tons of people in La Push that haven't been mentioned in the books, so it could've been anyone.

I thought it would work just fine.

Jasper was awkward and shy and hot(as usual). The wolves were...respectful. Emmett and Edward were funny. Alice was...Alice.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised.
I was hoping she'd be frightened and run to Eddie's waiting, protective arms...
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable? Yes. She thinks of them as young, probably inexperienced, just waiting for a chance to fight. Of course she's worried about Jake, too, as he's her best friend.

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were? I don't remember what I was thinking the first time I read this.

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety? I hoped that they could get along and do this thing together.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings? I remember thinking how cool it was. I also thought that the Cullens were teaching the wolves strategy that would backfire against them...I'm glad it didn't go there.

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised? I thought that maybe she'd accept him and wouldn't be afraid.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

Well yes and no. From my point of view, I knew everything was going to be fine. The wolves were built espically for the act of killing vampires. Plus Jake can hold his own. But if I was Bella, I would be worried sick about Jacob and the pack too. So for Bella it is reasonable. We worry about loved ones all the time even though we know they will be safe or fine.

Well I figured Seth and Leah since they were at the bonfire. Why would they be allowed at the bonfire if they wern't part of the pack? I had no clue about the others though.

Well they would divide places to keep watch on, and divide up tasks. They don't have to be literally working together right next to one another. They can have their tasks and do their own thing. I figured Jake and Edward will have to cooperate. They have to stay civilized, plus Bella will be upset with them if they tick each other off to much lol.

I thought it was really cool. I LOVED the Jasper/Alice fight. Alice is awesome. The Edward/ Jasper pair up was cool too.

I wasn't suprised about how she acted. I knew she wouldn't be scared of him,
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Yes. She doesn't want everyone that she cares about risking their lives for her.

I actually wasnt sure at all.

I just thought that as long as one or the other didnt try anything "funny" then it would be fine. Well Jacob and Edward both care for Bella very much, so of course they would work together at their best to do whats right for her.

That he must really know what is going on. && That if they were tought right they would be able to handle all of the newborns.

Bella is fine with seeing Jacob is his wolf form.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

No. She knows they're perfectly able to defend themselves. She just can't help it, so that's why they try (sometimes) to tolerate her when she gets all worried that way.

Seth, I was sure had joined. I was not expecting Leah. And I had no clue who Collin and Brady were, so.

I think the wolves and vampires all knew they had to work together, so they simply did. There was no other choice that made any sense. I thought the cooperation showed a lot of character on both they're parts, a lot of restraint.

I was excited. My heart was beating double time and my eyes were the size of dollar coins. It was fun. Especially with Alice and Jasper... so cute.

No. I thought she'd be fine with it. No problems.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

No, but then I always rolled my eyes at Bella when it came to Jacob. I would be sound in their ability after knowing they killed Laurent, and knowing the size of the pack.

I was positive about Seth, but not Leah, and I don't think we had ever heard the names Collin and Brady before this.

I knew with Sam in charge of the pack that everything would be ok. Sam doesn't like vamps, but he is more mature than the others and also doesn't want a war with the Cullens. Sam respects the treaty.

Personally it was kinda boring. I am definitely not a Jasper fan, and for a time I wondered if the pack would use these skills against the Cullens someday.

I knew she would be fine with it.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

she's overprotective, that's just how she's always going to be. and she loves jake and doesnt want him to get hurt. i dont think she grasps how strong the werewolves really are.

i figured seth, but i definitely didn't figure leah.

i knew that they all wanted the same thing so they would work something out. and sam and carlisle both are calm and cool when they need to be and they do what needs to be done.

ahhh, i loved that part, completely! i love jasper and i get excited every time the focus is on him. =]

i wasn't really surprised. i just kind of thought it would be more weird for them. but he was jacob, no matter what form he was in.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3