Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 24 - Snap Decision

Post by Tonya »

1.  Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book? I didn't put to much thought to it. I was to scared about what Bella doing something stupid.

2.  When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this? Yes it's classic Bella. When I first read it I said OH NO!!!

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt? I thought he was supposed to go get help or something. Not run away home like Bella thought. When he came back I thought, Where's everyone else???

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth? All the way of course this is Bella we're talking about.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
Wow more wolves.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
Yeah kinda.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
I thought he'd stay to help.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
I think she would of given her own life.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1.  Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
Interesting background. I'm always interested in Victoria and james's past.

2.  When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
I had no clue. The chapter with all the legends seemed to drag on a bit to me. So I didn't pay that much attention the first time.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
I thought it was just so he wouldn't get hurt. Clever Seth and Edward!! They make a good team!

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
Very far. Let's leave it at that! :roll:
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
I had no idea. I was confused by what Edward said, meaning that Seth was like the monster James tracked, or he wasn't? I guess that he was different as Victoria was shocked that Seth and Edward were working together, helping each other, and not enemies. I think Edward was just trying to keep Victoria occupied tho, trying to distract her from getting Bella.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
Yep. I knew it, especially since Bella was dreaming about her etc. I knew that Bella would do anything to save Edward, and the Cullens & the wolves.

I thought something really bad had happened at the other clearing and Edward was telling Seth to go and help. I didn't think that he was hiding, waiting on Riley and Victoria! Tho I assume that Edward did tell Seth to go home, and not to stay and help, as it was really dangerous and Seth is so young.

Very far. All the way infact.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

The first time was over two years ago, and I doubt I caught it. Probably reading too fast.
Of course not. I know Bella's stupid, but not THAT stupid. And I love that legend. The way Stephenie wrote it is beautiful...I never thought it would come into play like this though. Thought it was just a story.
I thought he was supposed to stay away or go get more help. I never thought he would just come back alone.
Probably would have killed herself if she thought that's what she needed to do... :roll:
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I'm guessing there is another kind of werewolf out there that is not like the shape-shifting werewolves here.

Not at all! I thought maybe Bella would attempt to go to the clearing,.. but REALLy.. how is SM so amazing to plan it so perfectly like this.. it goes from such a easy going listening to a fight to.. a nerve-wrecking in the middle of it. She surprises me every time.

I was still under the impression that someone had gotten hurt in the clearing, and I thought that Seth was going to assist them,.. Then after I realized Victoria was there, I was confused why he would send him away,.. I didn't think he was hiding and going to jump out and start fighting,.. and I didn't think Edward would send him away from this fight. I was very confused. lol I thought maybe it was going horrible in the clearing and Edward thought he could deal with this by himself.

She probably would have just run towards Victoria and told her to get her,.. knowing Bella.. lol
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I wasn't surprised by the fast that there were other werewolves. I just figured that Victoria thought it was the same, but that it couldn't be, because Seth has different colors.

Not exactly like this, but I did think Bella would relate to it and try something at some point.

I though he was going to get help rather than get back himself. But I did think that would be strange, he can communicate with the pack, so why didn't they come to the rescue?

She would've killed herself if necessary.
SkittleE
Settled in Forks

Post by SkittleE »

I was confused. At the time I didn't know that there were actual werewolves in Twilight, obviously, so I wasn't sure if it was another shape-shifter werewolf or what.

It was pretty obvious that something was going to happen, but I wasn't sure what.

A bit of both, he didn't want Seth to get hurt but probably wanted help to surprise Victoria.

Oh, she would have been an overly-dramatic self-sacrificing idiot like always and plunged the rock into her heart. The whole point of that fight was to save her life and she would have given it up anyway. Sigh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/ ... r-nazi.gif
Sucking the joy out of life since 1998
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I thought it was funny. Edward had a lot of guts, talking about James like that...

Yes, I did.

I wasn't paying attention...I don't know.

She would have died to save them. That's just how Bella is.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

It made me wonder if there were other werewolves somewhere in the world. I wasn't sure, however, whether they would be shapeshifters or not.

Yes. You don't set up something like that unless you intend to use it.

I think it was Seth's suggestion, and Edward accepted it.

Bella's sacrifice? She didn't cut herself, although she was willing to. I do believe that she would have done so in order to save them.