Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 5 ~ Cheater

Post by Alphie »

Questions supplied by Seraphyn -

1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be?

2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?

3) What did you think of Bella's motorcycle plan?

4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did?

5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not?

6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Cheater

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be?
Well, I didn't think it would be a bear, in the end, but I had no idea how important it would be for the storyline.

2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?
I was actually a little impressed that he wasn't trying to hit on her all the time.

More Bella silliness. It was her attempt to think of Edward in his responses to her actions, and not his thoughts about her, I think.

4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would
become as important to her as he did?
I was cool with Jacob until the love triangle started, to be totally honest.

5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not?
Nope. Aside from the Edward/Cullen's side of things, she actually had friends in Forks, and she'd never had them in Phoenix. It wouldn't have made sense for her to leave, really.

6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not?
Not really. He would have known that Edward couldn't come on his property even if he WAS around, so it didn't make a difference to me.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

I was interested. I didn't really think much of what it could be, what it could mean but I knew that it would be something.

I figured that maybe Mike was "over" Bella. Maybe he realized that she wasn't over the pain of losing Edward.

Eh....it was interesting enough.

4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did?
I liked him. Just not as I *loved* Edward! ;) Jacob seemed to be a nice, "normal" teenager. It doesn't surprise me that they did become important to one another.

I wasn't surprised that she didn't want to leave Forks. It was the place that she met Edward and where they shared their time. Like the question asks, his presence was there.

Not really. I think he'd still be protective of Bella because she is Charlie's daughter, just maybe not as protective because Edward and the rest of his family are gone. I think if we never saw Edward to begin with, Billy would be someone totally different.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I took note of the bear. I figured that it was a bear. It would not be out of the question for a bear to be seen in that location. I had a suspicion that the bear sighting would come to mean something.

I think Bella was void for so long, she was just like a shell of Bella. Mike experienced Bella in those 4 months that we didn't. I think Mike was making the most of being with Bella.

I love it! I would never have the guts to do what Bella did but I wish I would. Maybe when I was her age. I think it's genius.

I did like Jacob instantly. I was happy that being with Jacob made Bella happy. I did not think that he would become as as important as he does.

I wasn't surprized that Bella didn't want to leave Forks. A minimal lingering is better than nothing.

No, my impression didn't change of him. I always thought of him as the strong, kind, wise, old, fatherly Native American man. I probably imagine him WAY older than he is.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

spookybell wrote: 2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her?
I think Bella was void for so long, she was just like a shell of Bella. Mike experienced Bella in those 4 months that we didn't. I think Mike was making the most of being with Bella.

I never thought of it that way....but I totally understand it. Hmmm...very interesting....
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I always try and post my responce before reading everyone elses so that I am not tainted. It is fun to go back and then read everyone elses responce. I find my self saying "Oh Yeah" a lot! Everyone is so interesting!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

well, yeah, huge black bears don't usually just get mentioned for no reason, ya know?

it was nice that he wasn't trying to get with her. i think he just realized how affected she was by edward being gone and how he couldn't do much to get her attention.

just stupid. i dont like motorcycles, but it was part of her plan pretty much.

i figured he might be an important character in the book, he always seemed so nice and likable.

i wasn't surprised at all. it was her last memory of edward and the cullen's. i wouln't bear to leave it. i couldn't.

i always liked billy. he's the same towards bella and is still very protective of her no matter what.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

no, kind of....i don't know. lol

yes actually lol

i thought it was dumb..and boring, lol

no not at all...i hoped not. lol
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I didn't really think it would have been a bear. It doesn't seem likely that a bear would turn up in the little town of Forks, Washington. Then again, in the little tiny town I used to live in across the country from Forks in New Jersey, we had a sighting of a baby black bear. The authorities captured it and released it elsewhere.

But anyway... No, I did not think of it as important as it turned out to be.

I didn't really think anything of Mike, to be honest.

I thought it was really stupid. I'm terrified of motorcycles, myself.

Yes, I liked Jake in Twilight. Not as much as I do now, but I thought, "Aww, he's sweet. Shame on you, Bella, for using him like that!" I never thought he'd turn out to be so important to her.

I was not surprised at all. I suspected it was because of Edward that she did not want to leave, because let's face it Bella's whole life revolves around Edward. He is the center of her universe. Her sun.

Yeah, it did. I always understood why Billy was being the way he was, so I always sort of liked him.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1) This is the first mention we have of the huge black bear wandering around the forest of Forks. What was your first impression of this information? Did you think it would be as important as it turned out to be? I am trying to remember my first impression... MAN, I wish I'd found the Lex when I'd found the books, that way I really could have given my first impressions on all these. I didn't think anything of it at the time...... however, I have noticed that nothing is written into these books that doesn't have some sort of meaning- THAT should have been a clue for me. I remember thinking that it was a HUGE bear they saw.

2) What did you think of Mike in this chapter and his behavior toward Bella? Were you surprised that he wasn't trying to "make the most" of working alone with her? lol- I kinda think Mike gets a bad rap sometimes... sometimes. He has been working with Bella every single day since "the end." Mike pays attention to Bella; he knew how much she loved Edward; surely he knew how much heart-break she'd be going through, and I'm sure he picked up on the sense that she just wasn't herself. I really think he was "making the most" with what Bella was giving of herself, just trying to be friendly and bring back the Bella he knew... of course, you know, Edward wasn't around to tell us all his thoughts, so I could be wrong... :twisted:

3) What did you think of Bella's motorcycle plan?Ugh- reckless and stupid, indeed!

4) When you first saw Jacob through Bella's eyes, what did you think? Did you like him? Did you think he would become as important to her as he did? I liked Jacob in Twilight- didn't love him, but I liked him. I thought he was just gonna be friends; I knew Edward and Bella belonged together, so this whole book was an adjustment for me. No, I didn't think he would become so important to Bella. I LOVE the last paragraph of this chapter... through all the drama that is the Edward-Bella-Jacob mess, it was just nice to see something that was age-appropriate! It made me laugh!

5) Were you surprised by Bella's complete reluctance to leave Forks or did you suspect it given Edward's minimally lingering presence? Why or why not? I wasn't surprised; I thought she would want to be in the place that reminded her of Edward.

6) This is the first time we see Billy without Edward around or the threat of Edward looming. Did your impression of him change at all from Twilight? Why or why not? Not really. Billy was in "protector" mode in Twilight. Now that the reason for that "mode" was gone, he could just be happy to see Bella.