A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by lunamia »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
I think Jacob was doing what he thought was best for Bella at the time. He knew that it was dangerous to loose his temper around her. So I think he did the righ thing, he needed time to get adjusted to this new reality.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I kinda of prefer Jacob with long hair. No i did not think he was frightening, a little more intense maybe. And yes I think he had Bellas best interest in mind.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
*Sigh*..I think that while Bella was honest with Jacob about her feelings..she was still kinda, sort of leading him on? I dont know, its hard to explain.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
I thought it was a tree branch LOL.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
I think Jacob just leaving her in the dust was pretty cruel of him. It made her sink into a deeper pit of loss with Edward and now her best friend. That act was not nice. .

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
In real life, I'm not a fan of "long hair" on guys so I imagined Jacob totally hot. XD I'm not sure if Jacob had Bella's interest in at the moment since he was trying hard to make his "transformation" as easy as he could.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
Sometime during the book, I had a feeling that Bella was really using Jacob. I didn't like it but, from Bella's perspective, it looked as if she was starting to fall for Jacob and move on.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
It said someone was digging their nails into the window so I thought it was Victoria. =/
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner? He should have told her sooner.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind? I thought he was being a jerk and that Bella should just try and stay away from him, because he did seem dangerous.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings? I think that she needed and friend and was willing to play with Jacob's feelings to get that friendship she needed. But she was sincere in her friendship.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together? I feared it was Victoria and hoped it was Edward at the same time.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~told her sooner.
~i imagined him to be hot, lol..
~definitely playing with his feelings.
~ i wanted it to be Edward, but i knew it was just Jake.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner? He should have talked to her sooner. She was scared out of her mind.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind? I thought that he was scary and mean.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings? She was sincere!

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together? I thought that it was Edward. I was wrong. (again) I cried. (again)
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I think he probably thought it was a good idea, and Billy was probably encouraging him to keep everything a secret. However, Jake and Bella were pretty good friends, so I would think a phone call saying he was better and that he was swamped with school or something would have been a good idea. He could have give her any reason in the world that he couldn't hang out instead of just ignoring her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I liked the shorter hair better, I'm not a fan of long hair on guys. No, I didn't think he was frightening. More intense definetly, but not frightening. As I said, I do think he had her best interest at heart, he was just going about it wrong.

She didn't mean to lead him on, that was never her intension. But, yes I think she was giving him false hope lol. Billy was just using that as an excuse to keep Bella away when he talked to Charlie though.

Definetly thought it was Victoria or someone "working" for her.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I think he should have tried to get a message to her sooner...I mean come on she ran w/ vampires!!!

I was def. not scared of him. I think he had a hard time thinking straight since he became a wolve...so I guess we can't completely blame him.

I don't agree w/ Billy b/c Bella made her intentions very clear from the get go, but in the end that was just an excuse for charlie anyway.

I thought it was victoria.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner? I hated that he ignored her & didn't try to communicate sooner.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind? It didn't scare me or anything.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings? I don't think she meant to lead him on, but I think there was some involuntary leading on going on on her part.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together? I didn't have a clue but didn't expect Jacob.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Jacob went and dug the hole deeper. I thought he'd have more sense... but If Sam told him not to, then he couldn't. Jacobs an idiot
2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
All I was thinking was poor Bella. Everyone she cared about just seemed to turn on her. Edward did it for a good reason, but Jacob did it because he was told to. He didn't have Bellas best interest in mind. He was just doing what he was told.
She was sincere in her feelings I think. She had noone, and she was hanging on to the only thing that made her happy. Jacob, being the young, arrogant pup he is, took it the wrong way and went crying to Billy.
I THOUGHT IT WAS EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like HALLELUJAH HES RETURNED. But no. It was stupid Jacob.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I think he should have called and said he was busy or tried to explain what was going on. It's not very polite just to ignore her when she's worried about you.
I really didn't know what to think of him. I might have caught on to the whole werewolf thing, but I obviously didn't know specifics. Jacob just bugged me throughout Eclipse and New Moon. I really didn't care about him, I just wanted Edward back.
She never meant to lead him on, she was very clear that she obviously didn't want that with anyone, but she did feel a lot better around him, and how happy she was and that she let him stay around her anyway just kinda made it happen. She didn't do it on purpose, and that was just an excuse for Billy.
I thought it was Edward!! I kept thinking 'It's Edward!!!' the entire book when anything like that happened. And it just kept making me more annoyed at him when he failed to actually be there.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa