A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by Alphie »

1. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?
Jenny
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 5 ~ Blood Type

Post by Jenny »

Nope, not really. Gory stuff, yes, but not just finger pricks.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her?

Nah, I never thought she was in any danger.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?

Absolutely agree.

4. What did you think about Edward's demeanor this chapter? How is it different than in the previous chapters?

I think he seemed more open, like he knew he couldn't stay away from Bella.
xx mycoldangel xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx mycoldangel xx »

It depends. If it's my own blood, i freak out. if it's someone else's blood i just look away. I'm weird like that. I have never felt totally sick though.

No, i knew he wouldn't hurt her. I was just so happy that he finally was talking to her again. It made my day.

Yes, i agree, she seems more mature than her class mates. It's like she doesnt care about the drama that they create. She's above all that.

he's less dark and mysterious (still kinda mysterious though) and more open and happy. i liked it
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Not really. I would have reacted to a larger, much larger, amount of blood and such, but the smell, or prick, is nothing to me.

2. No. I knew he was a vampire then, already, from the back cover, but I knew he must have some self control, being around all of these humans.

3. Nope. She just seems, well, like she isn't in high school. I just can't really point it out.

4. He is a little more caring, and you see more of him.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

. Do you personally relate to Bella feeling queasy around blood?
Yes, I am a big baby. I pass out.

No. I was amused. I wish someone would do that for me! I didn't think there was danger at all.

I agree. She has spent so many years taking care of her mom, she grew up a long time ago.

He was very light and witty. I truly enjoyed it. He was enjoying the fact that Bella was affected so seriously by blood (like him) but for such a different reason than him.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I wouldn't get sick in a bio class where they are pricking my finger, but much more than that and I'd rather not see it.

I wasn't afraid for Bella. This falls into the same category as my answers for the previous chapters...Everything about Edward intrigued me. Man, I'd be in serious trouble if he was real. haha.

I agree in most ways.

He showed that he cared enough about Bella to take care of her. Also, it seemed like maybe he was trying to show Mike that HE was interested and perhaps Mike should butt out. :) The difference, to me, was that he seemed to WANT to be involved with her, like he'd finally made up his mind.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

Lord no, blood does not bother me. I work in a hospital.

2. Were you afraid for Bella when Edward scooped her up? Did you think the fact that their was blood around might endanger her? I never was fearful of Edward, blood or no blood.

3. Edward says that Bella doesn't seem like a junior in high school. Do you agree or disagree with that assessment? I agree with Edward's assessment. Bella is wise and mature beyond her years.

I think that Edward's demeanor had really shifted by this chapter. I started to get the feeling that he had come to some decision and that meant he was going to go with his feelings for Bella.
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

Nope, I don't have a problem with it.
No, they were outside and Bella wasn't bleeding.
Agree. She doesn't act like a normal teen. She analyzes everything she does before she does it. It's how she grew up, as a teenager and she just becomes more middle aged every birthday :D
Well he shows genuine concern when he sees Mike taking her to the nurse. He allows some contact between them, him carrying her. He also is slightly more optimistic than usual. It seems like his plan to just appologize for being rude that first day isn't working out. He is starting to realize that there are many other appealing aspects of Bella, other than her blood, that he enjoys...
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
FrostyJasper
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrostyJasper »

No I dont get that bothered by it.

Nope. I just knew that Edward wouldn't harm her.

I agree. She seems much more mature than most high schoolers.

Well he showed that he really is a nice, caring guy.
ImageImage
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

Yes, I get sick with the smell of blood.

I wasn't afraid, and I didn't think that because there was blood around that might endanger her, and I wasn't afraid because I knew that Edward was really strong and he could handle it. Besides, he gets really worry when he sees Bella sick and he can't actually think of another thing but Bella and make sure that she's okay.

I totally agree, she's not like any other junior. She's Bella, she may be 17, but she doesn't like act like one.

I think it was much better. When you read the book for the first time, you can't understand why he's been like that with Bella, but then you learn that it was all to protect her. So it's nice to see that he's been nicer to her, specially knowing that she has done nothing wrong. He much more nicer to her, and also we can start seeing how overprotective he is of Bella.