Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Edward Cullen #4

Post by ringswraith »

The thing about the middle/last names- they're on the Personal Correspondences as well as the character bios on the Lexicon. Stephenie Meyer mentioned them.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

amethyst wrote:Intensified how . . . ? It’s quite a debatable subject actually. A lot of people think the way Edward acts is a result of his vampirism when it is just who he really is. However, when Stephenie Meyer proposed the notion that during the conversion from human to vampire, things “intensify” . . . I always took it to mean that said “intensification” effects only the physical body (and mental too). Because abilities such as playing music, mechanics, wrestling and so forth and so one has to do a lot with reflexes and the five senses and the brain, and these things during the conversion reach their full potential thus effecting how much more wonderful Edward can play music or how much more knowledgeable Rosalie is about cars or how strong and potent Emmett can be. I am concluding that as SM said, their reflexes and senses intensify and how quickly their brain grasps things effects greatly their abilities as well as characteristics. So Edward’s abilities include music, reading, science etc so his brain having the ability to process things that much fast he is able to learn science and read fast, and his reflexes made those pianist fingers fi play much much wonderful music than any human is capable of.

I am not sure how accurate my science is so excuse me if I made many mistakes and feel free to correct me (I am looking at you Kachiti. I think you’re a genius so if I am wrong, correct me!!) . . . It is good I will be taking ap bio next year woooopp!!

Amethyst,

I am honored that you think I'm that smart when it comes to science but I'm just a run of the mill scientist. Something to do with fact that I analyze things to death, anyway I find nothing wrong with what you have posted. I don't know if I could have stated it as eloquently as you have but it makes perfect sense to me.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

Something has always bothered me. How was Ephrim Black and his pack able to sneak up on the vampires back then? Shouldn't Edward have been able to read their minds and known about their approach? He can read the minds of all the other wolves?
amethyst
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by amethyst »

Kachiti wrote:Amethyst,

I am honored that you think I'm that smart when it comes to science but I'm just a run of the mill scientist. Something to do with fact that I analyze things to death, anyway I find nothing wrong with what you have posted. I don't know if I could have stated it as eloquently as you have but it makes perfect sense to me.
Good, and thanks and you're welcome . . . woahh, scientist? I hope to become one too in the distant future (a biotechnologist sort of thing) . . . must be fun job you have. science!
mikkib wrote:Something has always bothered me. How was Ephrim Black and his pack able to sneak up on the vampires back then? Shouldn't Edward have been able to read their minds and known about their approach? He can read the minds of all the other wolves?
They weren't capable of sneaking on them. Was it mentioned in the books that the wolves snuck on them? . . . if my memory is accurate, the wolves and vampires somehow "bumped" into each other and they were about to start a war which the Cullens would have easily won since they outnumbered them but Carlisle suggested a truce and him and Ephrim created the treaty. And now that I think of it, the Cullens were living in Hoquim at the time, what could possibly bring the wolves there, aren't they only supposed to protect La Push and the land near of it . . . unless I am completely missing something and Hoquim is like 5 minutes away?
"I never would have banished him from her society as long as she desired his. . . . . But, till then--if you don't believe me, you don't know me--till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!"
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

^^ I didn't think the wolves snuck up on them either... I thought Carlisle approached Ephraim for the treaty.

Where are the smarties from the Q&A thread when you need them??

Image Image Image
twilightsagaaddict
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

akire wrote:^^ I didn't think the wolves snuck up on them either... I thought Carlisle approached Ephraim for the treaty.

Where are the smarties from the Q&A thread when you need them??
In the book, I believe Carlisle did approach Ephraim Black; the wolves did not sneak up on them. I think they added that in the movie to make it more "dramatic" (?).

Akire~ good question- where are rings and fangs when we need them? ! :D ;)
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oh I've been lurking. I haven't said anything yet because I don't have my copy of Twilight with me to verify, so I will do so when I get home. :)

EDIT: Ok, home. So, let's see...

(skims through Twilight and Eclipse)

So, both sources basically say that when Carlisle and company arrived (sans Alice and Jasper), the then-pack led by Ephraim Black prepared to fight them off. But Carlisle spoke to Ephraim and offered a truce.

The wolves were outnumbered, and it was clear that the coven would have won, had they wanted to fight. So, Ephraim accepted.

So, to answer the question... It doesn't look like the wolves snuck up on the Cullens at all; rather, what might have happened is that the Cullens waited for them to arrive and then negotiated the treaty (with Edward being able to tell when they were close).
mikkib
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mikkib »

Thanks. I get it now. Since I saw the movie before reading Twilight I guess the sneaking up part was always in my head and I assumed it said it and that made absolutely no sense at all.

I could see them waging an attack and Edward realizing and Carlisle walking out to defuse the situation. That makes sense.
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

Good Ol' Edward! :lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Good Ol' Edward! :lol:
Kissing and making up, are you?!?! :lol: ;)

Ok, so I am going to pose a question to you all. I just finished rereading BD for the umpteenth time, and something stuck out to me (again). So, I am asking you all, my fellow Edward analyzers for your opinions.

At the end of the final battle, as Huilen tells the story of Pire and Nahuel, what do you think Edward's thoughts and feelings are about his daughter's future? Relief? Fear? Joy? Trepidation?
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS