Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Bella Swan Cullen #2

Post by Jazz Girl »

* Curtsies left. Curtsies right. Curtsies center* :lol:
Thank you. Thank you. So glad I could bring a little entertainment to all of you.

But, you're right Navarre. I'll tell you, keeping track of commas and pronouns in a run on that long is an absolute
b!t@h! :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

That was the best one-sentence summary ever. :lol: I agree JG, that is very realistic. Happens to people everyday. :lol: I happen to love those gooey, mushy quotes. That's what so great about romance novels and how unrealistic those relationships are. Because you get to experience something that's not possible and way beyond the norm. Those lovey quotes are part of the experience. :D
Knives
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Knives »

Jazz Girl wrote:And, of course, there are also those of us with serious weaknesses for unrealistically portrayed, completely over the top fantasy romances. That's why we chose Twilight over, say, The Relationship Rescue Book by Dr. Phil.
Dear God no, I couldn't read Doctor Phil to save the human race :P

Nah, I just tend to prefer relationships such as those seen in, say, Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy, or the Seventh Tower series. Or, for that matter, anything by Neil Gaiman is excellent. If you want romance, may I suggest Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte? There's a lot of great, well-portrayed romantic relationships in the literary world, if you look ^_^
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

LOL @ Knives.

By the by, sort of off-topic here but, were you the one that recommended Wicked Lovely? My niece turns out to have it, so I'm reading it now.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

The Dark Knight wrote:To catch up,

Bella settled for Jacob. This happens way to often IMHO. Sad

Bella does have some regrets when it comes to Jacob. From the beach where she dazzle him when flirting for information to the time in the garage up to the almost kiss in the kitchen. She even talks about part of her heart torn apart but her love for him and her love for Edward. These are all examples of her depths in the emotional department.

This is the part where Ron Wesley says, "no one can have all that going on inside them. They would explode or something."

If I read my cards right, Hermione and most of the ladies on this list would reply in unison, "Just because you have the emotional range of a tea spoon doesn't mean she doesn't."

Back at you Jazz Girl.... :lol:
You just became my favorite person on the entire forum. I love me a good Harry Potter reference!!!

I do, however, think that there is a lot of gray area between the "Dr. Phil" realism of relationships and Twilight. There are certainly many many realistically portrayed relationships in novels out there, which is what I think Knives is trying to say. No need to be snarky about it is there?

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:To catch up,

Bella settled for Jacob. This happens way to often IMHO. Sad

Bella does have some regrets when it comes to Jacob. From the beach where she dazzle him when flirting for information to the time in the garage up to the almost kiss in the kitchen. She even talks about part of her heart torn apart but her love for him and her love for Edward. These are all examples of her depths in the emotional department.

This is the part where Ron Wesley says, "no one can have all that going on inside them. They would explode or something."

If I read my cards right, Hermione and most of the ladies on this list would reply in unison, "Just because you have the emotional range of a tea spoon doesn't mean she doesn't."

Back at you Jazz Girl.... :lol:
You just became my favorite person on the entire forum. I love me a good Harry Potter reference!!!

I do, however, think that there is a lot of gray area between the "Dr. Phil" realism of relationships and Twilight. There are certainly many many realistically portrayed relationships in novels out there, which is what I think Knives is trying to say. No need to be snarky about it is there?
Because it couldn't possibly be well intentioned sarcasm...
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

Hey you guys, I was wondering if you could help me out...

In my opinion, I think Bella is a very needy, obsessive, and selfish character.. But I feel like those qualities do not really become clear until New Moon.. Do any of you guys have concrete Twilight examples that display these traits?? I mean I know her entire obsession with Edward throughout the book shows these.. But I'm looking to narrow it down to specific moments.. Got any??

I'd much appreciate your feedback!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

DesiringJB wrote:Hey you guys, I was wondering if you could help me out...

In my opinion, I think Bella is a very needy, obsessive, and selfish character.. But I feel like those qualities do not really become clear until New Moon.. Do any of you guys have concrete Twilight examples that display these traits?? I mean I know her entire obsession with Edward throughout the book shows these.. But I'm looking to narrow it down to specific moments.. Got any??

Well, seeing as how I don't really see Bella as any of those things, I am afraid I can't really help.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
DesiringJB

Post by DesiringJB »

Jazz Girl wrote:

Well, seeing as how I don't really see Bella as any of those things, I am afraid I can't really help.
Really? So how do you see Bella exactly then...?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I've been thinking about this question, and your phrasing makes me wonder. You said these qualities do not really become clear until New Moon. Is it possible that they actually surfaced in NM as a result of Edward's departure?