Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Leah Clearwater

Post by navarre »

holdingoutforjacob wrote:i think leah's feelings for Jacob are strictly platonic. I don't think she's jealous of Bella having Jacob, but I think it's gotta suck that Bella gets whatever she wants allllll the time and Leah gets, well, nothing.
I agree. The whole Leah/Jacob thing is platonic. She just dislikes Bella so intensely because Bella has been a huge part of Jacob's heart being torn apart. At the same time, she gets irritated with Jacob for not walking away from all of that and just keeps going back for more.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

I think she also dislikes Bella because Bella is the type of person that a strong, but jaded woman like Leah would just want to kill. There is absolutely nothing special about her, she's very weak and whiny and (as Leah could see it) maybe even cruel, and she gets EVERYTHING???

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Also, on the day that she needed help and the people she loves surrounding her more than ever, the day of her father's death and her first phase, Bella decided to jump off a cliff. People were thinking about how Bella was and if Bella was okay when her father just died. I wouldn't have liked Bella very much either if I was in that situation.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

Oh my. I forgot how those two coincided. Goodness. That's just rotten.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I know, Leah has no reason to sympathize with Bella or like her, yet some people still expect it from her.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I really like Leah, she'd be up with my favourite characters. I feel so sorry for her, and as a result of the Sam/Emily/Leah mess I don't like Sam at all, and I don't really like Emily either.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

I cant remember the details behind Leah's scar. I remember thinking that it was Sam that caused it when he lost his temper sometime...but I cant remember.

As for the reason it wont heal properly, is that because it was caused by a werewolf? I mean the werewolves fight all the time amongst themselves and I thought that they healed up quickly. Can someone enlighten me on this?
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
.La.Tua.Cantante.
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by .La.Tua.Cantante. »

Lightwish wrote:I cant remember the details behind Leah's scar. I remember thinking that it was Sam that caused it when he lost his temper sometime...but I cant remember.

As for the reason it wont heal properly, is that because it was caused by a werewolf? I mean the werewolves fight all the time amongst themselves and I thought that they healed up quickly. Can someone enlighten me on this?
Leah's not the one with the scar, it's Emily - Sam's fiancee.
Sam lost his temper, and Emily was standing too close when he phased - thus the scar.
I don't think that Emily's wound has failed to heal properly, its just looks worse because of its size.
Plus, supposedly, Emily is really gorgeous - so the contrast between her beauty and her scar makes the wound appear more prominent.

The reason the wounds heal so quickly when the wolves fight amongst themselves is because the person on the receiving end of the wound is a werewolf - & werewolves heal at a highly accelerated pace,
it's just one of those freaky werewolf things :D
Peace.Love.Twilight
Kayla Marie

"You held out your hand, and I took it without stopping to make sense of what I was doing. For the first time in almost a century, I felt hope." - Jasper Hale, Eclipse
Lightwish
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Lightwish »

I cant remember if Leahs age is mentioned in the book or not. Does anyone know her age at the time of the turning?
I am a faithfull Twi-Guy!
H.Black
Wandering Through Town

Post by H.Black »

Well she's 20 in Breaking Dawn. Cause she's all like, "I'm 20 and menopausal!"