Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Stefan and Vladimir

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

This is the place to discuss Stefan and Vladimir of the Romanian Coven.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
HazedInDeadlyPollen
Wandering Through Town
Location: somewhere in the many worlds of my brain...with Edward...

Re: Stefan and Vladimir

Post by HazedInDeadlyPollen »

I think they're so cool and evil.I love them.They have such a mysterious and ominous air about them.I want to know more about them.And I need to hug them.
if I'm not talking it means I'm lost inside my mind...
- nANCY ^_^
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Hug them? Ok....

Was I the only one who thought that maybe this Vlad was Vlad the Impaler whom the Dracula legend was based on? I would love to hear from Stephenie if it is her idea that Vlad the Impaler was a "real" vampire and the fact that his story got out in such detail was what lead the Volturi to go to war with them.

I thought the Romanians were fantastic, though. One of my favorite little moments in the book was when Renesmee asked them why their skin was so different, to which she gets a very interesting and relatively calm reply. Then at the end, they say that they will gouge out the Volturi's eyes. And Bella says "I made sure Renesmee stayed away from them after that." That line made me laugh out loud! OH! And then Jacob calling them Dracula One and Dracula Two was just as priceless.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

i love them. they were cracking me up. they reminded me of the two old guys on the muppets, you know, the ones who sit in the theater box and just make comments to each other?
wow i hope someone knows what i mean.

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Hah, I know what you mean, holdingoutforjacob.

Stefan and Vladimir made me laugh. I love how they're all calm and somewhat polite one minute and the next minute they're talking about the things they'd do to the Volturi. I especially loved the the line that Bella said that Alphie posted. Hysterical.
Celia~Ashe
Settled in Forks

Post by Celia~Ashe »

They were probably my favorite foreign vampires. The whole juxtaposition of calm answers mixed with completely homicidal threat at the Volturi was hilarious and a bit scary. I especially loved that they were one of the older ones. For some reason, when I realized that they began to remind of some of the men at the senior center I volunteer at: Sweet, calm, and capable of being their own polar opposite in a conversation (did that make any sense?)

Also, I got a kick out of it becasue I know a Stefan, except he's a Polish percussionist/engineering student, not an ancient romanioan vampire. >.<

~Celia~Ashe
It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.

~Good Omens
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Alphie - that would be awesome! i think she probably took the name from that at least.

the name Vlad also made me think of the movie adaptation to Dr. Suess's Horton Hears A Who (which i saw with my seven-year-old brother - honest!) where the villain's name was Vlad. he was a vulture, the character's were SO similar, it cracked me up. god i hope someone else has younger siblings and saw that, so i don't look like a total loser...

i liked how they were a little psychotic....

i would love to know their whole story. they fascinated me.

aznbtch
Settled in Forks

Post by aznbtch »

I love that part when Renesmee asks them about their leather white skin! Also, i was cracking up at the part when they said, "Of all the rotten luck..." when there was not to be a fight anymore. I don't know, i just imagined an old guy spit on the ground and seem that he really wanted to fight.
Edward Cullen is overrated.

That doesn't mean he's not hot
anneboleyn
Settled in Forks

Post by anneboleyn »

I made the mistake of looking at the chart in the back before I finished the book, but as soon as I saw "Romanian Vampires" immediately I thought of Vlad the Impaler. Based on what their history was, there's little probability that he was the same Vlad that we generally think of. It's probably SM's little joke on the Impaler histories.
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

wait what do you know about their history? and how??
i'm sure they were in an earlier book somewhere and i just wasn't paying attention...