Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Edward Cullen #3

Post by Amethyst1 »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:I'm skimming through Midnight Sun again to look for the character traits about Edward that are revealed prior/apart from Bella. But in reading it again... *sigh* How can you read that and not fall for Edward?
I love how he looks to do the right thing. And especially always wants to be a gentleman--even in his thoughts. That's just so...sexy.
If I ever have a son, I'm definitely going to have to teach him from a young age the value of being a true gentleman.
oooh, i definitely agree. Midnight Sun was an open book insight into Edward's personality and thoughts. I love the way he thinks. He never leaves a single thing out. I love that he looks at all sides of an equation, he's like science (i know i know lame analogy) There's never "we've reached the end" he's always learning and theorizing, there's never "the final step" the staircase do not have an end, it's infinite....and i guess that's how his brain works. facinating.

aww, a mini-edward. that's cute. wouldn't be cute if renesmee was a boy? or if bella had twins, a girl and boy. I think Edward is a great father. i wish we'd gotten to know more about his relationship with renesmee.
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I was happy for Bella that she got to have the baby that she didn't know that she wanted AND her immortal life with Edward.
But I was THRILLED for Edward. That as something that he didn't think could happen in his wildest dreams. In the end he got everything that his heart desired--including entrance into Bella's mind. I loved that ending since nothing is too good for our beloved Edward. :mrgreen:
Team Edward
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

malaz wrote:
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:I'm skimming through Midnight Sun again to look for the character traits about Edward that are revealed prior/apart from Bella. But in reading it again... *sigh* How can you read that and not fall for Edward?
I love how he looks to do the right thing. And especially always wants to be a gentleman--even in his thoughts. That's just so...sexy.
If I ever have a son, I'm definitely going to have to teach him from a young age the value of being a true gentleman.
oooh, i definitely agree. Midnight Sun was an open book insight into Edward's personality and thoughts. I love the way he thinks. He never leaves a single thing out. I love that he looks at all sides of an equation, he's like science (i know i know lame analogy) There's never "we've reached the end" he's always learning and theorizing, there's never "the final step" the staircase do not have an end, it's infinite....and i guess that's how his brain works. facinating.

aww, a mini-edward. that's cute. wouldn't be cute if renesmee was a boy? or if bella had twins, a girl and boy. I think Edward is a great father. i wish we'd gotten to know more about his relationship with renesmee.
I postively agree w/ u 2. You took the words right outta my mouth.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:
navarre wrote:Edward of the books enjoys his time with Bella, he loves her expressions, her responses and she challenges him. He came to life with her and vise versa. Rob had a hard time conveying that.

My Edward(Book) is by far the most brilliant, bizarre, beautiful boy who can life full-sized vans with one hand. :lol: :lol: (Yes, a Twilight quote).

Rob.... well his is very good-looking and he needs to work on his Edward, but he'll do. ;)
But remember that this is only the Twilight Edward--who is very serious, conflicted and intense for most of the movie. I think you see a little more levity from him in Midnight Sun, but from Bella's POV, she doesn't perceive his lighter moods as much as he feels them. I think that Rob showed the fun and more carefree side coming out after the meadow like in the book. But it is so short lived since very soon after the hunt is on and he's worried to death over Bella again. I think in that aspect Rob did fine.

BTW--Is this the same navarre from TFN? :)
What is TFN?
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Mara Jade Cullen

navarre wrote:What is TFN?
LOL. I guess not then.
TFN is The Force.net--a big Star Wars site. My usual home base, but being mostly male-based there wasn't much Twilight discussion going on. i.e. not many Edwards there. Mostly Erics. :lol:
Team Edward
LAURENonFIRE
Settled in Forks

Post by LAURENonFIRE »

r
Mara Jade Cullen wrote:LOL. I guess not then.
TFN is The Force.net--a big Star Wars site. My usual home base, but being mostly male-based there wasn't much Twilight discussion going on. i.e. not many Edwards there. Mostly Erics.

Wow. That SERIOUSLY made me "LOL". xD Cute! I spent an hour the other day explaining to my friend why light sabers could not be real but .. anyway .. Edward.

I guess I'll go into my reasons for loving his character. I do agree with him being a gentleman, that much is obvious. The way he's always very kind and polite to everyone around him baffles me, because with my temper there's no way I could handle someone trying to take away the core of my existence with such good graces. Lol. But I love Edward because of other reasons as well.

For one, I love his determination. He never gives up, and even when it tears him apart, he does whatever he can to make sure Bella has what's best for her. He even LEAVES, and even though I was like ICANTBELIEVEHEDIDTHAT the first time I read that book, when I found out WHY I loved him even more. To leave the one thing that had ever made you feel alive just to protect them is not something that many people would even consider, if any people at all.

Another thing I loved was in Twilight when he was shocked that he "dazzled" people, and how happy he was that he could dazzle Bella. I loved the way Bella made him feel. Like, I loved him because he loved her so much, I guess. I mean, that's the whole reason I'm crazy about this series: the power of love. It does remind me how Romeo & Juliet made me feel. And I'm still in high school, so experiencing that kind of love seems so out of reach for me, so it was comofrting to live in a world that true love was abundant.

Plus, I love him because he is a vampire. And vampires are dangerously beautiful, and who doesn't love a little danger?

The reasons I love Jacob's character are completely different, but for some reason I love them both? Lol.
xox: lauren[!]

love of mine, someday you will die, but i'll be close behind;
i'll follow you into the dark <3

;; death cab for cutie.
Kachiti
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Kachiti »

LAURENonFIRE wrote:r

Wow. That SERIOUSLY made me "LOL". xD Cute! I spent an hour the other day explaining to my friend why light sabers could not be real but ..
Just thinking about the energy requirements for one of those things give me a headache.

LAURENonFIRE wrote:Plus, I love him because he is a vampire. And vampires are dangerously beautiful, and who doesn't love a little danger?
I would have to say that the vampire part definitely adds to his allure.
Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:I was happy for Bella that she got to have the baby that she didn't know that she wanted AND her immortal life with Edward.
But I was THRILLED for Edward. That as something that he didn't think could happen in his wildest dreams. In the end he got everything that his heart desired--including entrance into Bella's mind. I loved that ending since nothing is too good for our beloved Edward. :mrgreen:
I 100% agree. I think that's why Bella wanted that baby so much. Because she wanted more than anything to prove to him that something beautiful like a child was his. That he wasn't a monster. That he didn't have to feel guilty about putting her life in risck. He's so much more than a vampire or a gorgeous man. He's also a wonderful person. So he deserved a family and that child more than anyone.
Mara Jade Cullen

Yes, yes. You're right. I totally agree with that.
After Bella is turned and he has a child he just seems...freed. Happy. DEspite having the Volturi hanging over the family, his angst is so much less.
Team Edward
Mara Jade Cullen

Okay. New question that's been going through my mind. Perhaps it would be better asked on the general board. But it pertains to Edwards, so...

Have you noticed how the other Cullen "kids" tend to defer to Edward? I mean, Carlisle and Esme are definitely the heads of the household, but of the kids, it seems like Edward is next in line.
Like with Alice asking him for that Porche. I'm sure there are other examples, too. Just that's the most obvious one. And it seems to be hinted at through the stories.
Is it because he's been a vampire longest after Carlisle?
Is it because a portion of the Cullens' money came from his inheritance from his human family?
Is it because of his self-control? Or because of his temper that they don't want to raise his ire?
Team Edward