Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Sulpicia, Athenodora and Didyme

Post by Valentina »

Destani- Yeah me too! I wonder if Sulpicia is just as ambitious and conniving as Aro, or if she's simply one of his collection of vampires. Either way, she must have something really special about her for Aro to marry her. And given how deeply vampires feel about their mates. I wonder what it would be like to be the woman Aro loves. Intense, I'm sure.

As for Athenadora, I kind of see her like a Lady Macbeth type... slightly crazy and possibly more evil than Caius.

Also an interesting note, neither Sulpicia nor Athenadora has any special powers. So it kind of makes me think that Aro is just head over heels in love with her. Since she's not exactly what he looks for to add to his 'collection.' Caius has no special power, so it doesn't really seem odd that Athenadora doesn't either. But I'm now really curious about Sulpicia.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Ruby_Eyes wrote:Didyme is facsinating, I won't deny that, but isn't anyone else curious about Sulpicia and Athenodora? I mean, they are unknown, which instantly makes me curious. I personaly think Sulpicia would be the type to marry Aro for his position, since he seemed like the leader. Plus, I've noticed that Stephanie Meyer's characters usualy sound like their name (ie, Bella sounds nice, soft and Bella is nice and soft. Edward sounds old fashioned-thought not that old- and Edward IS old fashioned. See where I'm going?). Sulpicia sounds sly and ambitous to me. I think Athenodora simply got bullied into marrying Caius (another one who sounds like his name), Like maybe Caius wanted her and she didn't return the interest so Caius used his power to bully her into it.
But that's just my opinion. I'm working with basically nothing.

Hey, you got a point here! The names sounds just like what you said. Didyme sounds like a friendly person. And the other two wives... Wow. Nice theory!
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

I don't know why, but I really can see Aro, Caius and Marcus as married men. Except, maybe, for Marcus. His behaviour makes me think of Edward. If Bella died, maybe he would lose interest in his existence as well.

They are really fascinating, aren't they? After reading some posts, I think their marriage, especially Aro's may work as a contract. I think Athenadora has a very powerful gift and probably, is very ambitious So, I can see them sharing a friendship and the lust for power. maybe she can have a lover. But I don't think she loves Aro. I think she's just another powerful vampire. I don't see him interested in sex or love. Because he knows people so well, he shares a bound with people and still kill them. Even Victoria loved, in some way, James. I don't think this is the case. But, think about the time they probably knew each other. With Aro's coven and army growing, she probably knew they would be big and it wouldn't be reasonable. And they share a style of life. So, they could be friends and still have their lives.

I can see Sulpicia as a powerful vampire that was pushed to a unwilling marriage. Probably by Aro. I can see him convincing Caius that he should get married too. I can almost feel Caius' distress. I think he tolerates her because she's powerful - an ally to keep. And Suspicia is one of those people caught in a situation where she doesn't have an escape. I think she lives terrified with the day Aro will find her useless and kill her. Or maybe she pass the day spreading gossip. Her life is boring, but I doubt the other vampires are.

Didyme must be have been a really nice person, with a wonderful gift. Maybe she could choose the same type of life the Cullens have. She knew her brother and probably, his plans. That he wouldn't stop until he had collected every single gifted vampire. That's why she wanted to escape with Marcus. It's a shame that she was killed. I think Aro, sometimes, look at Carlisle and wonder if his sister would have that kind of life. Maybe that's why he's so interested.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Lunna-san wrote:I don't know why, but I really can see Aro, Caius and Marcus as married men. Except, maybe, for Marcus. His behaviour makes me think of Edward. If Bella died, maybe he would lose interest in his existence as well.

They are really fascinating, aren't they? After reading some posts, I think their marriage, especially Aro's may work as a contract. I think Athenadora has a very powerful gift and probably, is very ambitious So, I can see them sharing a friendship and the lust for power. maybe she can have a lover. But I don't think she loves Aro. I think she's just another powerful vampire. I don't see him interested in sex or love. Because he knows people so well, he shares a bound with people and still kill them. Even Victoria loved, in some way, James. I don't think this is the case. But, think about the time they probably knew each other. With Aro's coven and army growing, she probably knew they would be big and it wouldn't be reasonable. And they share a style of life. So, they could be friends and still have their lives.

I can see Sulpicia as a powerful vampire that was pushed to a unwilling marriage. Probably by Aro. I can see him convincing Caius that he should get married too. I can almost feel Caius' distress. I think he tolerates her because she's powerful - an ally to keep. And Suspicia is one of those people caught in a situation where she doesn't have an escape. I think she lives terrified with the day Aro will find her useless and kill her. Or maybe she pass the day spreading gossip. Her life is boring, but I doubt the other vampires are.

Didyme must be have been a really nice person, with a wonderful gift. Maybe she could choose the same type of life the Cullens have. She knew her brother and probably, his plans. That he wouldn't stop until he had collected every single gifted vampire. That's why she wanted to escape with Marcus. It's a shame that she was killed. I think Aro, sometimes, look at Carlisle and wonder if his sister would have that kind of life. Maybe that's why he's so interested.
I look forward to the "Official Guide to the Twilight Saga" coming out in December, that will hopefully tell us some more about all of the main and secondary characters. IF Stephenie Meyer gives us more stories from this universe of Twilight, I would love to see what would happen if Marcus really did find out that Aro killed his lady-love. Wouldn't that be a fight of the millenium. I would hope that Marcus would kill Aro for that.

BTW, Lunna-san, I like your post - it makes sense in so many ways regarding these mysterious vampires.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

navarre wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:I don't know why, but I really can see Aro, Caius and Marcus as married men. Except, maybe, for Marcus. His behaviour makes me think of Edward. If Bella died, maybe he would lose interest in his existence as well.

I look forward to the "Official Guide to the Twilight Saga" coming out in December, that will hopefully tell us some more about all of the main and secondary characters. IF Stephenie Meyer gives us more stories from this universe of Twilight, I would love to see what would happen if Marcus really did find out that Aro killed his lady-love. Wouldn't that be a fight of the millenium. I would hope that Marcus would kill Aro for that.

BTW, Lunna-san, I like your post - it makes sense in so many ways regarding these mysterious vampires.
Thanks! :D
NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks

Post by NaHueLs_GirL »

It does make me wonder how Aro could murder her when her power would have made him feel happy as soon as he got close to her.
Maybe he already had Alec then. Maybe Alec took all the feelings from her before Aro murdered her.

But what I'm a lot more shocked about (and I didn't read anyone comment on this yet), is that ARO KILLED HIS OWN SISTER, HIS OWN FLESH AND BLOOD. Suddenly my whole picture of Aro changes. Before reading BD I always thought Aro was quite a nice guyy.. but then in BD we saw his dark side, and now I'm like WHOA. Howw?? I could never hurt my brother NEVER even if i'd have to. Never.

And why the hell did Marcus still stay with Aro and why is he still loyal to him. I would not be able to stand one look at the face of my Mates Killer.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

Aro is so twisted. The "nice" is probably just his mask.

Cauis's wife is probably an evil sadist just like him...and possibly a masochist to be with Caius in the first place.

By the way, Aro used Chelsea's power to keep Marcus with the Volturi (says so on SM's website). But he's not too enthusiastic about the arrangement.

But out of the 3 wives, Didyme was the only one to have a tangible super power.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

NaHueLs_GirL
Settled in Forks

Post by NaHueLs_GirL »

Where on SMs site can I read this. I still have to read all the personal correspondences...
Is it in one of the PCs?
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

NaHueLs_GirL wrote:Where on SMs site can I read this. I still have to read all the personal correspondences...
Is it in one of the PCs?
It's right under the Breaking Dawn FAQ.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V »

Guys, Marcus doesn't KNOW that Aro killed his wife. SM said that he never found out. Chelsea used her gift to keep him loyal, but he lost all interest in everything. he's different than Edward, because as we saw in NM, if Bella really DID die, Edward would find some way to die too.

as for the Aro killing Didyme thing....Aro didn't really want to have to kill his sister, i don't think. but it's part of his ambitious, sly personality to destroy even things he loves if they're going to get in the way of him reaching the top, if you will. Stephenie explains it all in her BD faq.

and also, i checked the BD index. Sulpicia and Athenodora don't have any special powers. so it must be something else that draws Aro and Caius to them and vice versa [but who in their right mind would be drawn to Caius? EW :lol: ] i wonder what it is that connects them.
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you