Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Jacob Black

Post by pubesy »

but like Edward said in Eclipse, the tent scene.

if bella DID chose jacob, Edward would forever be "watching." He would never be far. He would be biding his time, waiting for jacob to imprint, then jacob would have no desire for Bella anymore. and Edward would once again appear to Bella. without the Bella/Edward relationship, there would be no Nessie.

how do we know that since there was no such thing as Nessie, jacob may imprint on someone else, say 5 years later? it is possible!

bella would now have 2 holes in her heart!

i know i am going to disappoint many of you avid fans in here, but i believe Jacob never really had a chance to begin with! She would have ALWAYS chosen Edward.

In new moon, sure they became close, and bella did almost kiss jacob. but in this scene, she talked about settling for jacob. I dont think anyone should have to "settle" for someone! and Edward said that he would return within 6 months - Bella would have ran to him with open arms. She was always jacob's friend.

then the whole part of eclipse - time and time and time again, she tells jacob that she is friends only. when jacob DOES successfully convince Bella, that she does LOVE him, she still says friends only.

LOL :o :lol: "jacob fans - dont eat me please!" :lol: :o
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
onebreath
Wandering Through Town

Post by onebreath »

^^ It's a dangerous thread to be saying these things, pubesy (lol) but I agree.

I don't think it would have been fair to Jake if Bella had ended up with him. He was not her first choice and I truly believe she would have constantly been looking over her shoulder for signs of Edward for the duration of her entire life. I thnk she would have been able to be happy with Jake but I do not think she would have ever been able to "move past" Edward in her heart. And Jacob deserved better than that.
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

Wow, i could say a lot, but i'm going to keep it subtle (i'm ususally one of the harsher people on here).
pubesy wrote: when jacob DOES successfully convince Bella, that she does LOVE him, she still says friends only.
This...was STUPID. I'm sorry. But Bella ALWAYS knew she loved Jacob. She knew all along that she loved him as friends. But Jacob wanted Bella to see that it was MORE. And it was. She loved him a lot more than 'just friends', but not enough for that to replace Edward. You can love more than one person like that. I'll quote from the book too, "I loved him much more than i should, yet no where near enough." It wasn't a 'friendly' kind of love. It never really was.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
pubesy

Post by pubesy »

oh, i agree. bella did love jacob.

but she also talked about wanting jacob to be her brother. you don't wish for someone you are in love with to be your brother!

and yes, i agree with you too, emmet. but like you said - her love for jacob was never enough. and never would be when compared to edward!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
emmett_<3
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmett_<3 »

That was before she ever REALLY, TRULY loved him. You see, she said, something like, "it never would've been right for Jacob to be family." That was in Eclipse.
"The piercing, heartbroken howling grew fainter and then disappeared entirely." <3

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." -MS
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

pubesy wrote: how do we know that since there was no such thing as Nessie, jacob may imprint on someone else, say 5 years later? it is possible!o
Is it possible? I'm not sure. I would love to hear SM's decision about if it is possible to imprint on more than one person. I stated before in some other post that if Bella and Jacob had gotten together, I don't think he would have imprinted on anyone, since Nessie would never have been born.
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

pubesy wrote: how do we know that since there was no such thing as Nessie, jacob may imprint on someone else, say 5 years later? it is possible!o
I think it is possible. I don't know where I heard this— maybe I read it, or maybe someone said it to me— but whatever it was said, "Everyone is born with a soul mate, but not just one. There are many people in the world you could fall in love with that would be your 'perfect match'."

Not everyone finds that perfect match. Jacob could have wandered around forever in search of her and never lay eyes on her. (That's another reason imprinting is sort of unreliable)
emmett_<3 wrote: This...was STUPID. I'm sorry. But Bella ALWAYS knew she loved Jacob. She knew all along that she loved him as friends. But Jacob wanted Bella to see that it was MORE. And it was. She loved him a lot more than 'just friends', but not enough for that to replace Edward. You can love more than one person like that. I'll quote from the book too, "I loved him much more than i should, yet no where near enough." It wasn't a 'friendly' kind of love. It never really was.
Yeah, I think Bella always loved Jacob, at least after he held her together when Edward left. (Hmph)
She knew that ever since she debated with herself about kissing him in New Moon, right before the phone rang. Eclipse just sort of dragged that out, almost unnecessarily.
pubesy wrote: i know i am going to disappoint many of you avid fans in here, but i believe Jacob never really had a chance to begin with! She would have ALWAYS chosen Edward.
I'm actually very happy she didn't choose Jacob. She didn't deserve him.
Renesmee doesn't deserve him, either.
HE'S MINE! :lol: Actually, his heart will forever belong to Leah. =)
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
glstewart

Post by glstewart »

[quoteHE'S MINE! :lol: Actually, his heart will forever belong to Leah. =)[/quote]

I'll arm-wrestle you for him! 8-)
I Want to Believe
Amivera
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Amivera »

You're on! *flexes* :D
Blackwater. <3

potterpuff @ lj
holdingoutforjacob
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by holdingoutforjacob »

pubesy wrote:oh, i agree. bella did love jacob.

but she also talked about wanting jacob to be her brother. you don't wish for someone you are in love with to be your brother!

and yes, i agree with you too, emmet. but like you said - her love for jacob was never enough. and never would be when compared to edward!
this. is. fact! i'm sorry but i feel like i have repeated this five thousand times. the FACT that STEPHENIE MEYER says is that

a) if edward DID NOT EXIST bella would have ended up with jacob. however, once edward DID come into contact with bella, she was always going to be with him. had she never met edward though, jake would have been the one and

b) bella DID love jacob ROMANTICALLY. she WAS IN LOVE WITH HIM. yes, she loved him unbelievable amounts as a friend, and she always will, but she ALSO loved him romantically. it just wasn't enough to fight edward's "eclipse".

death cannot stop true love, it can only delay it for a while...