Forum rules
Character Discussion Forum

Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Huelin

Post by Nena »

This is the place to discuss Huelin.

Please remember the Discussion Guidelines. Posts will be edited or deleted as needed at the moderators' discretion without warning.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Huelin

Post by bite_me »

Huelin was the one who was Nahuel's aunt, right?

I found her interesting. The way she cared for Nahuel even though she loved her sister, and he killed her, and she probably hated him before the birth, and then he put her through three days of agony when he bit her, and she still cared for him. I admire the way she did that. And she didn't have imprinting to soften her feelings for him, like Jacob did.

Anyone agree?
Last edited by bite_me on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

bite_me wrote:Whoo, first post!

Huelin was the one who was Nahuel's aunt, right?

I found her interesting. The way she cared for Nahuel even though she loved her sister, and he killed her, and she probably hated him before the birth, and then he put her through three days of agony when he bit her, and she still cared for him. I admire the way she did that. And she didn't have imprinting to soften her feelings for him, like Jacob did.

Anyone agree?
Makes sense. It helped Nahuel that Huilen loved her sister so much and she did promise Pire that she would care for her son. I think once she came to after the painful transformation and found Nahuel curled up next to her, that probably stirred her heart. He would not have understood what had transpired with his mother's death, and I would think Huilen would have come to that same conclusion. Just a thought.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StarEmerson »

Yes I agree there, that she did promise her sister that she would care for the child. What an exhausting experince that must have been for her. I bet she felt the same as Edward and the others (apart from Rosalie) when Bella was going through the whole thing.

I loved her story though, it was an amazing part in the book! I could imagine little Nahual calling about as a newborn and then lying next to her, waiting to be cared for. Would it have melted her heart? The others loved Renesme once she popped out! But then Bella didnt "die"?

So now that makes me wonder if she always loved him, or resented him at first?!
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

bite_me

Post by bite_me »

StarEmerson wrote:So now that makes me wonder if she always loved him, or resented him at first?!
Do you mean before or after his birth? I think that after he was born, and she woke from the transformation to find this astonishingly cute little thing sleeping beside her, she would have loved him instantly. Like with Renesmee, no one could hate her. She was just too adorable.

But before his birth, watching him tear apart her sister, surely she hated him, just like Edward and Jacob hated Renesmee.
ImageImage
mikkib

Post by mikkib »

I have one problem with this character. She loved her sister. She didn't like vampires. She didn't want to be a vampire. She raised her nephew to love his mothers and be sympathetic to humans and yet she hunts humans? She had burgandy eyes? So her and her nephew, through it all, hunted humans? That is sort of distasteful and doesn't make sense to me. Did they not knew they could survive otherwise? Did they choose to be vegetarians after that?
buffygrl3

Post by buffygrl3 »

I think that her love for her sister had alot to do with her raising and loving her nephew. After all he IS half of Pire.

I do wonder what's up with the red eyes though. I mean if they were both so fond of humans then how could they condone the eating of them? I think that maybe, after becoming a vampire and having to face it without the help of any other vamp, she either assumed that human was all she could survive on, or she just didn't have the willpower to resist the temptation. And we've got to remember, she had a tiny little person to take care of, she couldn't exactly leave him alone while she tried a new diet... and after seven years of caring for him and drinking human blood she may have been to ingrained in the belief that human blood was her only means of survival.

We can't really blame either of them for not figuring out the vegitarian diet. After all, it took countless centuries of vampires for Carlisle to finally come along and figure it out.

Team Mike:Cause no one says "Go Mike!!"
Mike: Bringing sexy back since... wait, did I just say bringing SEXY back? I meant annoying teen boy-ism.
Moorea
Settled in Forks

Post by Moorea »

I find this parallelism between Huelin's reaction to her nephew and the Cullen family's reaction to Renesmee really intriguing. As someone said before, while they are in their mother's womb, people hate them (Rosalie being the exception). But they are born, everyone fall for them, and why? Because babies are innocent, as innocent as can be. These two human vampires didn't kill their mothers, Nature did. So how could Huelin, who, on top of it, really loved her sister, hold it against them?

As for them feeding on human blood, I found it quite strange to start with. I'd have thought Huelin would have spared human beings. But she weren't taught. Remember that Carlisle had a gift, a gift for compassion/understanding, and this is probably what helped him go through the ordeal of having to fight his very instincts. If Huelin had been taught differently, she would probably have gone for the "vegetarian" diet.

Or maybe I'm just too optimistic.

Nevertheless, Huelin was a great aunt, and I found her story very moving.
bite_me

Post by bite_me »

Now that she's met the cullens and denalis, I can easily imagine huelin and nahuel trying out a vegetarian diet. Like other people said they probably didn't know there was another option beforehand.
ImageImage
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

I think she was really nice and took care of her sister's baby like her own...