General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kerry211
Settled in Forks

Re: Cullen Cars

Post by kerry211 »

Alice's yellow Porsche Turbo for me but I do rather like Rosalie's BMW as well. To be honest I wouldn't say no to any of them
ImageImage[/img]
Twilight is my obsession..my horses, my other passion!
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

I love Alice's porsche!
And I do love Bella's after car as well.

But maybe I prefer a motorcycle, that's really awesum. Would love to ride one a day.
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
Hyvanna
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Hyvanna »

Love all the cars in the book
Being kids of a doctor they gotta have the best of the best, right :D

Well im not a teenybopper so when i see cars menched in the book i dont go all stupid an squill, but it is funny would love to have a silver volo just to have decaled on the frount -n-back windows StupidShinyVoloDriver :D

Its funny in BD Bella has her befor car,it goes superfas just by barly toein the gas an Edward knows she dont like goin fast, an you know the car has like armor plating agianst missles...well after readin that part i was like..Edward loves her so much, knows the speed thing...Why didnt he just Buy armor plateing from where they was barrowing the car from an other parts and gave them to Roselie to make maybe even a updated version of her truck out of that,,,,, I think that would been Roselies dream to create her own type of automobile, an the armor plates would give her a challange could use all her strenght beating and bending it..verry good stress releaver for her ;)
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Cullen Cars

Post by rainbowcrayon »

I believe Alice's canary yellow Porsche 911 Turbo is my favorite, but I also like the Aston Martin Vanquish and Rosalie's red BMW. I definitely wouldn't mind Jacob's Harley Sprint either.
I love how Stephenie Meyer manages to tie in all of these fantastic vehicles to her storyline and yet not make it seem like blatant nonprofit product placement.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I have always (ever since I was 14) been in love with the aston martin cars... so you could say I did fall in love even more with edward when I found out that he had aa good taste for cars....
the Vanquish is really the most beautiful cars I know.... If I would be so lucky to afford an aston ever in my life I would do it in a heartbeat.... ;)

to de more affordable ones... I had the agreement with my man that our next car would be an peugot or volkswagen but I am now bugging him to get a Volvo C30.... I have always liked them but now even more....

I don't know if it's a good idea for me to get a fast car, I do have the problem that I drive like a Cullen....it would get very expansive.. ;)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I know that it's a little early(obviously, especially when you read further into this message), but when she grows up, what kind of car would Renesmee own? We all know about her family, and in Breaking Dawn, some of her personality comes through(but not a whole lot). However, there is enough of her personality that shines through to show a guess, as it seems that the Cullens' cars are an extension of their personality to an extent.

That being said, what we do know of Nessie's personality is that she's loving, compassionate, if at times slightly impatient, but certianly not mean spirited, and my exhibit the same tendancies that her family members have with cars, namely like their ability to go fast. However, I'd expect her to be more like Edward or Carlisle in that regard-pick something that looks mundane, but can go pretty fast, or like Bella-pick something that that's usable everyday, but let's the intention known that it can go pretty fast when she want's it to.

Hence, in my fan fictions, Renesmee owns an Audi A3, an Audi A4, and drives one of the new Audi R8 V10s in Italy(yes, that a lot of Audis, but Audi's cars are good at those things, being incospicous-appearing as ordinary sedans but even the basic cars can go very fast in the right hands), or are cars that are tractable enough that inspite of their performance, can be driven causually every day.

But then again, I sort of see Renesmee as being sort of a slightly gothic(he vampire upbringing), slightly tomboyish(being Bella's daughter and Jacob's best friend/future girlfriend or wife) person in additon to what we know about her. So I think that Nessie would own an Audi or VW hatch back or sedan-likely an entry level Audi, or maybe a VW Golf GTI or Audi A3, for example. Or she may own an Audi S or RS car(S4, S5, RS 5, R8, etc).

And hopefully, if Stephenie writes a Breaking Dawn sequal, Nessie will be an adult or in her late teens(about 5.5-7 years old for her), and she may have a car that fits her personality, how ever that may develop.

Any thoughts on this, or the Cullens' cars serving as a personality indicator in general?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

^^ Ooh! I agree about the R8, it really suits her as a sports car! I don't see her in a Volkswagen Golf, though, more in a Passat or Jetta.
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

How about this car for Renesmee, the Spyker C8 Aileron: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/ ... 5375.shtml

This thing is as rare as Renesmee herself-there's only one in America right now, out of 40 Spyker C8 variants that have been exported to the US.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
megsy15
Settled in Forks

Post by megsy15 »

Hey, I LOVE the car they used in New Moon... I actually faound it on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Volvo-XC60_W0QQitemZ ... 45f00dddbc

I can't afford it, but maybe someone else wants to buy it... :D
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by VampireAlternative »

Chernaudi wrote:How about this car for Renesmee, the Spyker C8 Aileron: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/ ... 5375.shtml

This thing is as rare as Renesmee herself-there's only one in America right now, out of 40 Spyker C8 variants that have been exported to the US.
I agree, it's a perfect match. Good job! :D
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way