Bella's Pregnancy

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cocoa

Bella's Pregnancy

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss all things to do with Bella pregnancy and Nessie's Birth.
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Re: Bella's Pregnancy

Post by em's_twilight »

Ok so im sure this question has already been asked but i never wondered about this until a fellow twilight fan from my work pointed it out to me yesterday. How can Bella even get pregnant? I didnt even know vampires can produce sperm. I knew there was an explanation behind them being able to have sex in the first place, but how did he produce sperm? :|

<3
Em
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

First of all, I have to say its GREAT to be back on the boards! I was starting to have withdraws!!

Anywho. The venom flows through the vampire's veins. So much like the role of blood plays in an erection, that is how the venom is for male vampires. So it is not totally impossible for them to have sex. Vampires emotions and senses are in overdrive so, it happens..'

So back to the venom, that itself is pretty much the "sperm" if you will..It was able to fertilize the egg, which is the reason why Nessie is half human and half vampire.
em's_twilight
Settled in Forks

Post by em's_twilight »

You would think the venom would kill her eggs rather then fertilize them. Jeez vampires are so complicated :roll:

<3
Em
Twinkle Kaye
Settled in Forks

Post by Twinkle Kaye »

Ok, on the old forums this question was all over it. First of all, let's remember we are talking about vampires, remember? secondly, technically after a male becomes a vampire, he dosn't change, as with any vampire. but before he is changed, he is constantly making sperm. and sperm can stay alive up to 48 or more hours (depending on temperature) outside the human body. and the sperm is trapped in edward. so. the temperature he maintains is cold enough to freeze them. and of course we all know that edward upheld his virtue so much as to where he would not...er, expell of it himself. so it's been there since 1918. when he was changed. when he and bella had sex it was warmed up enough to fertilize. and half v-half h thing. sperm is in a fluid. his sperm is human, more or less. but the fluid he makes is vampire venom. and since having sex doesn't interrupt the blood system, which is what is needed for the venom to change the human. bella was able to get pregnant.

but remember, this is my theory. and this is a FICTION story, as much as we want it to be true.
Nikkinik
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikkinik »

Was anyone else REALLY surprised to see that no one had realized the baby may want blood?

Maybe they were all too stressed to think of it, but I was wondering about it since I knew she was pregnant.
It's a webshow! About Twilight! Check r4t5.com for show times! www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Nikkinik wrote:Was anyone else REALLY surprised to see that no one had realized the baby may want blood?

Maybe they were all too stressed to think of it, but I was wondering about it since I knew she was pregnant.
After I read the part where Jacob suggested it, I was like oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that? I had a major "duh" moment after that.
LisaAnn
Wandering Through Town

Post by LisaAnn »

When I read the whole discovering Bella is pregnant shocked me, to say the least. I was just like, uh wait, what?! But never did I doubt it was impossible while reading the book. If you had've told me before reading Breaking Dawn, I would have scoffed at you, but not while reading Breaking Dawn.

I didn't think of it for awhile, but I figured it out before the characters did though. I kinda figured it out, because I was like, she's got to be half human, half vamp, that's the normal development of a child: half mother's genes, half father's genes.
I can't figure out how to delete my account.
AliLovesEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by AliLovesEdward »

I am not sure if this exactly relates, but it relates to babies. Do you think that Nessie can cry?
Wolf Boy
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Wolf Boy »

while reading breaking dawn, I was hoping that bella getting pregnant was going to be something unique only to The cullens, Like since they drink animal blood there chemisty has changed a bit, like there eyes do, and they just didn't realize the effects animal blood had on them, or that because Edward has spent so much time with a Human, his body changed , the venom was somehow affected by the chemistry they share. but I never once doubted that it wasn't possible, Also vampires have so many special powers, I even thought , I wonder if maybe in edwards transformation the venom made it possible for him to have live sperm, anyways to me there a dozen possible reasons why Bella could got pregnant, so it did not take me out of the book, I was fine with it.

Look at any science magazine, you read about animals all the time changeing, and surprises happening, so even in a scientific way its possible..

ALso I just wanted to point out as a guy, that men get erections because Nitric oxide in the body is released. which then allows blood to flow through the veins, so even though thery're vampires, they must still have certain human functions which work, hence sperm must somehow stay alive, but like any animal species the number one goal is to pass on your genetics, so I guess it holds true for vampires as well.
I will Always be waiting in the wings