Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jacobblacksgirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Riding motocycles with Jacob........Cliff diving with Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Sam

Re: Edward, Bella, and Nessie as a family

Post by jacobblacksgirl »

my dad hated that I was his first child I'm what you may call dangerously bad
I got my werewolf boy.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Edward, Bella, and Renesmee( :roll: ) are quite the family. All with amazing powers...they all love each other unconditionally...and they are truly what a family stands for.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

jacobblacksgirl wrote:I have a question...Is Nessise a born Vampire or is she a human..... Does Edward have to change Nessie too?????Did Edward change Bella before or after she was pregnant????
Renesmee was born a hybrid, half vampire & half human.

The human part gives her the normal eye color she has, a beating heart and blood that flows, working organs and the ability to eat human food. Plus, her skin is luminiscent - not sparkly.

The vampire part gives her the ability to drink blood - her preferred food source, advanced growth and development , her razor sharp teeth and her immortality.

Yes, Edward would have to bite her or any vampire could to transform her to full vampire status.

Edward changed Bella right after their daughters birth.

Male vampires can sire children with human women, but female vampires can not conceive and have children.

SM explains that part on her website on the Breaking Dawn tab.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I almost find myself agreeing w/ all these posts. I do think they could have shown Edward more, but I think Stephanie wanted to leave some to the imagination. Edward is this mysterious vampire after all. lol. The one part that almost made me sad was in I believe the Jacob section when he was there and Edward "heard" nessie's thoughts. I thought that was sweet. I think that's when it first hit edward that hey maybe this is going to be okay. Secretly, I think him and Carlisle maybe knew it would kill Bella. Maybe Edward was so quiet throughout her pregnancy b/c he was reading himself as best as he could for that moment. He probably wasn't ready for fatherhood b/c he thought it was impossible. So many ways you could see this scenario. I do wished they would have showed a little more though towards the end.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
__Succubus
Settled in Forks

Post by __Succubus »

:D Just read the whole Twilight saga all over again, it never dissapoints! and yeah, the whole family thing for Bella and Edward seem pretty Cliché. I dont think Bella will need to worry about Nessie playing up for her because Nessie is already so much advanced in her maturity than any other toddlers.. but she is not just any other toddler!! I think if Stephenie decided to bring a new book out to follow on through all these troubles, it would revolve around the thoughts of Jacob and Nessie, to see how Nessie falls for Jacob, and all the hiccups of how Bella would feel and how Edward would react (and given what we know about Edward, he will surely over-react!) anyways, im sure everyone has a good imagination as to what could and what most certainly would happen ;)
The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse
jazzlover
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by jazzlover »

I think I've read that if SM were to write another book it would be Jacob/Nessie centric because she thinks Bella's story is resolved so I would look forward to seeing the family dynamic through Nessie's point of view. They are a pleasant family certainly.
"The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business."
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

Yes, Yes...I agree that I would love to see Reneesme's point of view. Can you imagine Edward will hear almost all Nessie's thoughts. I could see some drama between Edward, Bella, and Nessie. Bella wanting Edward to stop being so hard on her and such. I'm just so disappointed that someone leaked Midnight Sun. It just sucks...I wanted in Edward's mind!! I did read the partial draft on SM's website. I was hoping it would make it through to the meadow part, but it stopped right before. I wanted to hear what he was thinking!!! :?
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
aka_tennyo
Settled in Forks

Post by aka_tennyo »

A new book probably would not be possible. I for one, would not read the book just for fluff and family life, even if really hardcore Twilight fans will. A book needs a scenario to work around, or at least something needs to happen that will allow for the story to continue. Most people would probably not be very happy with that scenario either, and Twilight has somewhat lost it for me with the last book.

In any case, you're disrupting their happily ever after if you introduce another scenario to uproot their lives. It's like finally having a story end, and then suddenly it starts again when you expected it was done. I think the Twilight universe is done and finished. Midnight Sun may be a book which could still be published in the future, and as interesting as it may seem, I admit it ruined Edward's character for me.

It's true there isnt a lot of time Edward and Nessie are together, but when you think about it, is there really that much of a chance? You have a family of vampires swarming all over her, as well as a werewolf, when you are worried about your wife's survival as well, there is hardly time to spend first of all, then when you do have the time, your daughter is probably engaged with other people.

Personally - and of course, you dont have to agree - I didnt like Edward at all in the last book, nor did I like Bella. They seemed so removed from their previous characters. They seemed so different from their previous selves, I just treated Breaking Dawn as if it was a different story altogether. I can't really agree with anything in it. Sorry.
Last edited by aka_tennyo on Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Switzerland

[On the day of the release of Breaking Dawn.]
Teacher: "So did anyone buy that book ... by that person ... who wrote the other books?"
Vanquish
Location: Melbourne, Australia...cruising with Edward in his Vanquish

Post by Vanquish »

aka_tennyo wrote: Personally - and of course, you dont have to agree - I didnt like Edward at all in the last book, nor did I like Bella. They seemed so removed from their previous characters. They seemed so different from their previous selves, I just treated Breaking Dawn as if it was a different story altogether. I can't really agree with anything in it. Sorry.
I can see why you feel that way, but I like Edward and Bella in this book very much. In BD Edward and Bella's characters are more mature. It portrays how content they are with each other and that nothing can come in between them now - no James, Laurent, Victoria, Jacob and no more Edward's versions of "right and wrong".

And true, a new book may not be possible. But I can dream right? It should be like 50 years later or a century later. When Renesmee's matured and she's with Jacob. Maybe a final showdown with the Volturi? And it could even be written in Renesmee's perspective and not Bella's.....who knows....

[EDIT] Oh and also I love Edward when he acts like a father to Renesmee.

TEAM EDWARD
"For the first time in a century, I felt hope."
"I squared my shoulders and walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side."
True believer in Cullenism.
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I love Nessie but I just think it was an unfair thing to happen to them so early. First of all how could they know that there was a possibliity that they could get pregnant? Second it cut short their romantic and much needed honeymoon, and third they didn't have long to just be them, married, happy, relaxed, without stress and pain. Though I do love Renesmee I just wish there was more of a gap between their early marriage days and Nessie.
ImageImageImage