General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Re: The 2 Packs

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Quil and Embry are in Jake's pack, Bella mentions that in passing in Book 3 of BD.

I think that the power of being an alpha only passes to the eldest descendant, but if that's true, and Embry's birthday comes before Jacob, we can rule out Billy as the father.

In my head, Embry is officially two and three eigths of a month older than Jacob :D !

And Edward said Quil Ateara, Joshua Uley, and Billy Black were possible fathers, I wonder why Harry Clearwater wasn't a candidate...
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

Quil and Embry are in Jake's pack, Bella mentions that in passing in Book 3 of BD.

I think that the power of being an alpha only passes to the eldest descendant, but if that's true, and Embry's birthday comes before Jacob, we can rule out Billy as the father.

In my head, Embry is officially two and three eigths of a month older than Jacob !

And Edward said Quil Ateara, Joshua Uley, and Billy Black were possible fathers, I wonder why Harry Clearwater wasn't a candidate...
Thanks for smoothing out the details... I have the short term memory of fish.

Jake does have an older sister (or two?)... she would be the heir if that were the case, right (considering Leah is a wolf)? And, Jake didn't step up to the title at first, so it could be the same way with Embry. At this point, I think it is just wishful thinking on my part, teehee.

That is odd that Harry Clearwater wasn't a potential father. Personally, I think Carlisle needs to give the boy a paternity test. That would cause major tension in the pack(s).
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

katthegreat11 wrote: Jake does have an older sister (or two?)... she would be the heir if that were the case, right (considering Leah is a wolf)? And, Jake didn't step up to the title at first, so it could be the same way with Embry. At this point, I think it is just wishful thinking on my part, teehee.
He does, and if they were wolves, I have no doubt Rachel or Rebecca would have the alpha voice, but I meant that is passes to the eldest wolf, so Jacob is the heir. I think that the pack would just know that Embry was the rightful alpha, courtesy of their wolfy senses tingling. And maybe he'd be bigger if he was an alpha...
katthegreat11 wrote:That is odd that Harry Clearwater wasn't a potential father. Personally, I think Carlisle needs to give the boy a paternity test. That would cause major tension in the pack(s).
That is exactly what I thought when I read that the wolves were cordial with the Cullens in BD, though I doubt Sam would be very comfortable with giving blood to Carlisle :roll:
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
katthegreat11
Settled in Forks

Post by katthegreat11 »

though I doubt Sam would be very comfortable with giving blood to Carlisle
HAHAHA! Point well taken. However, If he eliminated Billy and Old Quil, it would probably be pretty obvious who the father was.
suzzeeQ
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by suzzeeQ »

I think people are way too hard on Sam. At the start of Breaking Dawn he was the Alpha of a pack of ten wolves. They are all his responsibility. He has to keep a constant eye on all of them and protect La Push and the surrounding area. That is alot of work, along with dealing with the younger wolves. He has to decide what is best for the pack and La Push, not what just one person thinks is good. (Jacob). He was going to let the Cullens be at first. It was when he felt there was actual danger he decided to attack. Yes, it may not have been a great decision, but he has to think of the whole picture. Jacob even later admitted he understood why Sam ordered everyone around; it would be impossible to get anything done. He wouldn't have Alpha ordered Jacob and Seth if he felt he didn't need to. He hated the fact he had to. Sam is not the horrible character that some people make him out to be (I'm not saying anyone here did, just people in general).
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

So Sam's pack is Sam, Jared, Paul, Colin, Brady and Jake's is Jake, Leah, Embry, Quil and Seth?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

Of COURSE Jake's pack is the best. It's got Jacob, Seth, AND Quil. If that's not a kick-backside pack then I don't know what is. :lol:

Ali 8-)
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
MyAddiction
Settled in Forks

Post by MyAddiction »

I love Jacob's pack...maybe not Leah, but she's leaving anyway. In the epilogue, they said that Quil and Embry joined Jake's pack which is really not that hard to believe. I just love them.
MyAddiction
Settled in Forks

Post by MyAddiction »

[quote][quote="who_needs_fangs?"]Quil and Embry are in Jake's pack, Bella mentions that in passing in Book 3 of BD.

In my head, Embry is officially two and three eigths of a month older than Jacob :D !

And Edward said Quil Ateara, Joshua Uley, and Billy Black were possible fathers, I wonder why Harry Clearwater wasn't a candidate.

Billy isnt ruled out because Jacob has two older sisters and Embry could have been born at a time between the twins and Jake.
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

I felt like Sam had the better personality for being the pack leader that made the decisions affecting La Push. While Jacob had the blood line going for him, he didn't want the spot light and he wasn't ready to lead everyone and deal with the responsibility. I'm glad he broke off into his own pack, because he shouldn't have to bow to Sam's will. But I think the two of them as separate pack leaders make a good balance. Sam I see as continuing to protect the Reservation because that was his call and his purpose. And Jacob will be free enough to go where he pleases without having to abandon or endanger La Push and his fellow brothers. And he can always have his own pack stay behind to help out.

I think the split was the best thing that could happen to Leah, who needed to escape from Sam in order to become a whole person again. She understands now what happened with the whole imprinting thing, but being bound to Sam like that would mean misery for life. Now she has an option to continue on.

I don't see a reason to choose between packs, and I don't see quarrel between them since the Bella issue is over with and too many of the wolves have a connection with the Cullens. They still stand united against human-eating vamps, so they still have their common goals in protecting the ones they love. But now Jacob will have the authority to do what he needs to do to help out the Cullens and Renesmee without destroying treaties and whatnot.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.