General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward's#1fangrrl
Wandering Through Town

Re: Technology in the Twilight series

Post by edward's#1fangrrl »

Hearts in red ink. wrote: I did too noticed Bella's mac in the movie, I was like hey what is she doing with that. :lol:
That makes sense, 'cuz I remember that it says somewhere in Twilight (i think the part where she's reading about all of the vampire legends) thta her computer was really slow and so was her internet, which made me picture a computer like the one I used to have. It was ancient (anyone remember Windows 98?) and on dialup. ugh.
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

I didnt notice the mac. Continuity error?
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

Yeah, when I saw I was like, "Wasn't her computer, like, a really bad one?" But I love Macs, so it seemed cool. And when she clicked on things, they would open super fast without the horrible thousand pop-ups. :lol:
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I think it's neat that the computers in the Cullen household don't rely on heat. That is the one thing that annoys me when my fingers are cold and wearing mittens, yet have to take 'em off to use the touchpad on my broken laptop. Why oh why didn't I get an Apple one?

I was surprised that she even had a Mac, I thought she was given a second hand desktop.

Being a person who knows nothing about cars, it was nice to see all the cars.
Rob

Post by Rob »

RebeccaCullen wrote:I think it's neat that the computers in the Cullen household don't rely on heat. That is the one thing that annoys me when my fingers are cold and wearing mittens, yet have to take 'em off to use the touchpad on my broken laptop. Why oh why didn't I get an Apple one?

I was surprised that she even had a Mac, I thought she was given a second hand desktop.

Being a person who knows nothing about cars, it was nice to see all the cars.
I was confused for a second when you said they don't rely on heat, then i remember the touch screens. I agree with both parts. Cold hands + touch screen sucks, and couldn't they at least giver her a junky laptop so it kind of matched the story?
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

she didn't have a cell phone in the book either. every time i watch it i have to block that part out. drives me nuts!
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

^^Yeah I know right? It just drives me nuts too!

Love,
*Wanderer*
pixie_dust96
Settled in Forks

Post by pixie_dust96 »

i think that they added more technology into the movie because in 2003, i dont think cell phones were nearly as popular for everyone to have as they are now where essential the majority of people have one, and out of convience that they dont have to show the emails between Bella and Rene they can just be conviently discussed while she is in her room with her cell phone.

I think for the aspect of cullens the cell phone is more for emergency cases when they arent together so they can contact each other, such as in new moon when alice calls rosalie. To me the cullens dont seem like people who would inconvience another by having to make a long distance call on someone else's phone.

i wish my touch screens at work could be altered like the cullens. my fingers are always cold and it makes using them very difficul along with my laptops touch pad.

and overall i know nothing about cars but it was truely enjoyment, suprisingly to me, that i enjoyed it
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

UGH I SOOOOOOOO disliked the fact that Bella had a cellphone, it wasnt in the book, and althought Twilight was written a few years back it doesnt mean you automatically give everyone a cellphone... Bella lives on her moms teacher salary, and thats not alot... ALSO She was supposed to have a second hand, old, and slow computer... instead they gave her an awesome computer, that works like SUPER FAST!... IDK, these two things just bothered me alot... :D

TRAINEE OF E.D.C.!!!!!!!!!

I <3 BLUE BLOODS ALMOST AS MUCH AS TWILIGHT! ( i said almost!)
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

The Cullens don't seem like people who would watch TV.

I like the cars though, I think we should get a chance to see them all parked outside their house so that we can go 'wow'

Bella has a new laptop! It is stressed in the book that it is second-hand and very slow...
Perhaps Mac offered Summit a big deal to give Bella a Mac laptop :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy