What did you think of the Twilight Series?

General Discussion on the Twilight Universe

Moderators: December, bac, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: What did you think of the Twilight Series?

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I loved this series. I think it was written beautifully in my opinion despite what others say. I was sadden that it ended, But sometimes it is better to end something while it is good then to keep it going and it ends horrible. I can name a few shows that should've stopped at a certain season. Since the thread to discuss Breaking Dawn is locked I wanted to voice my views here. I liked BD the only thing that made me sad is everything happened really fast for example wedding honeymoon and pregnancy and then boom complication with the Voltuiri ( I probably didn't spell it right). I guess I wanted to see Edward and Bella happy for awhile since everything they went through in the other 3 books. I will be keeping this series for my personal library. My husband already bought me both collector's edition and I am just waiting for the last two to be released.
Banner by TammyAZ
JillOBean
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JillOBean »

Well, I'm new to the series in that, I just read them last month. :lol:

I saw Twilight on DVD last March and it didn't do much for me. Maybe I was in a bad mood? Then I had a week off and my BFF suggested I read the book. So I did and within a week I read the entire Saga and saw both movies.

The first time I watched the movie, I wasn't really into it, I think because the vampire's didn't seem vampire-y enough for me. Let me state that I am 26 and have been VERY interested in vampires for YEARS now. None of the vampires or legends were anything like sparkly, diamondy vampires and I had a hard time adapting to that. What I did really like about it was that Stephanie had very much the same idea about vampires that I do... I think stakes and crosses and holy water are just plain silly. If you read vampire mythology from around the globe... you'll find little to no basis for those beliefs, either.

Reading the books got me HOOKED. Of course, the book goes far more in-depth than the movie does and it made me understand the movie much better. Without reading the book, the movie appears choppy and empty in spots. The other thing was that living inside Bella's head was almost like living in my own head. I found myself making the same commentary as she did while I was reading. I'm sure this is very typical of most females.

I loved the introduction to Bella and Edward's love story in Twilight and as much as I cried... New Moon was terrific. Eclipse provided even more tears than New Moon for me... and while I did like it... Breaking Dawn was a huge disappointment for me. Overall I love the series, although I was a little put-off by it being a YA book.

magda
Settled in Forks

Post by magda »

I love it!It´s magical and breathtaking!And it made me smile and dream again....Wish there was an "Edward Cullen" for me somewhere.. :lol:
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

I remember I was told that it is a must - they didn't mention it was about vampires, just that there will be a happy ending - but I didn't go straight away to buy it, because at the time I had a bunch of other books to read.
When I finished a book that made me cry my eyes out, I desperately wanted something with a happy ending and I went to buy Twilight.
I will never forget my first impression when I read the quote on the back of the book. Vampires??? I was disappointed. I even made a grimace of dismay. There goes my hope for a good book, I thought. I bought it, all the same. Thank God!

I knew I was hooked (and in love with Edward) when I read the line: "The wasting of finite resources is everyone's business." Yeah I know, pretty un-romantic - I guess a guy can pick me up just talking about the melting of the Greenland ice sheet!!! :D

That was back in 2009.